Home

ALCS: Angels vs Yankees

This is a discussion on ALCS: Angels vs Yankees within the Pro Baseball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2009, 08:12 PM   #73
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: ALCS: Angels vs Yankees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman42
They only have 1 lefty hitter in Abreu and he hits lefties pretty much the same as righties. All the rest of their guys (Figgins, Morales, Aybar, Izturis) are switch hitters.
Yup but they were discussing on the radio that Morales is a much better hitter against righties. Plus lefties are harder to steal off of, especially Andy, and everyone knows the Angels want to run all over the place this series.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 10-14-2009, 12:14 PM   #74
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

I really, really like the idea of a 3-man rotation for the Yankees here. There are enough days off to do it and CC Sabathia is strong enough to pitch on four days rest.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 10-14-2009, 01:46 PM   #75
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

The weather looks horrible in the northeast this weekend, tons of rain and temps in the 30's through low 50's. It would really suck if they couldn't get in any games Fri-Sun.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2009, 04:15 PM   #76
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
The weather looks horrible in the northeast this weekend, tons of rain and temps in the 30's through low 50's. It would really suck if they couldn't get in any games Fri-Sun.
That would indeed suck.

I see the Angels are starting John Lackey in Game 1.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 10-14-2009, 04:35 PM   #77
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
I would think this means Gaudin will start game 4 since they will probably lose one of the off days.
Old 10-14-2009, 05:41 PM   #78
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

If you're comparing talent, the Yankees win this series. As they would do in every series they played, if that were the way to calculate a series. But it's not, so we are left with our gut feelings, at least on predictions.

So I'm going to go with my gut and say the Angels pull this one out in 7 excruciating games. I don't believe in that "Team of Destiny" stuff because it's been disproven before. Even so, I think the Angels are ready to play great baseball all around, while the Yanks may rely on their natural talent to win them games. It worked against the undermatched Twins, but I think the Angels have enough talent themselves to defeat this Goliath. If they play their best ball, they can win.

I actually like whoever comes out of the NL to win the World Series, at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 10-15-2009, 04:50 AM   #79
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

I dont think there's gonna be any baseball played on Friday or Saturday...
Old 10-15-2009, 09:48 AM   #80
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

Yeah neither do I, it's already cold as hell in the tri-state area with gloomy clouds. I even made plans w. a lady friend Friday evening I'm so sure they won't be playing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball »