Home

Yankees-Red Sox ALCS Thread

This is a discussion on Yankees-Red Sox ALCS Thread within the Pro Baseball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2004, 09:41 PM   #9
Go Wings!

OVR: 41
Re: Yankees-Red Sox ALCS Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kredit
^I'm with you^

Honestly, I can see the Red Sox taking the ALCS this year. Their pitching staff is MUCH STRONGER than the years past, and blow the NY rotation out of the water. Sure, the Yankees have a bruising lineup, but last time I checked, so did the Sox.

It'll go down to the wire again, as it always does with these two teams - but with how the Red Sox have been playing as of late, I see them winning the series in 6 or 7.
I think the Red Sox pitching wins it in 7...the Red Sox will be able to expose the Yankees weak starting pitching depth better than the Twins
Old 10-09-2004, 09:46 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kredit
Yeah, plenty of beatings. Consisting of how many in the playoffs? Like two?

Anyway - it's cool.

We're not the team remembered for losing two of the most memorable World Series' in recent memory. ('01 to the DBacks and last year to the Marlins)

please man. 2 beatings in the world series means a lot more then regular season. and we have a 6 game winning streak vs the braves in the world series. and when we played you in inter league we still beat you. and i rather lose in the world series then win the division and get bounced in the first round every year even
Old 10-09-2004, 09:49 PM   #11
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue
I think the Red Sox pitching wins it in 7...the Red Sox will be able to expose the Yankees weak starting pitching depth better than the Twins
hey man explaing to me what pitching are you talking about. schilling's last 2 starts vs the yankees he has gotten blasted and pedro never beats the yankees so i dont know what you are talking about. i give it to you that our pitching is not great but you will be surprised how mussina and brown and el duque who will pitch game 3 are going to perform. mussina has pitched very good in his last 4 starts and brown was pretty good yesterday and el duque is good if his shoulder holds up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2004, 09:50 PM   #12
All Star

nkhera1's Arena

OVR: 16

should be a great series, but i'd have to give the edge to red sox. At least the yankees won't have to face santana again. Whether you guys want to admit it or not he is the most dominating pitcher in at least the AL, plus i think minnesota had a better bullpen, and other starters are about a draw with maybe a slight edge going to red sox unless bronson arroyo and pedro pitch like they did against the angels, but the red sox's lineup is way better than the twins.
Old 10-09-2004, 09:53 PM   #13
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkhera1
should be a great series, but i'd have to give the edge to red sox. At least the yankees won't have to face santana again. Whether you guys want to admit it or not he is the most dominating pitcher in at least the AL, plus i think minnesota had a better bullpen, and other starters are about a draw with maybe a slight edge going to red sox unless bronson arroyo and pedro pitch like they did against the angels, but the red sox's lineup is way better than the twins.

good points man but the yankees have a better team then boston and that will be proven next week. lets just see
Old 10-09-2004, 10:00 PM   #14
-

Karlos05's Arena

OVR: 17

Not to mention if one of the Sox starters goes down or something then can just throw Wakefield in there. He always seems to have success against the Yankees, they can never catch up with his dancing knuckler.
Old 10-09-2004, 10:04 PM   #15
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlos05
Not to mention if one of the Sox starters goes down or something then can just throw Wakefield in there. He always seems to have success against the Yankees, they can never catch up with his dancing knuckler.

ohh you mean the same wakefield that gave up that home run to us last year to win the series. yeah we are really afraid of him...lol

you should here the boston fans calling the new york radio stations saying that boston is going to win in 4 and then they will sweep the world series and you guys get on me for being so over confident. at least my team wins. what the hell has boston done.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2004, 10:10 PM   #16
Regular Cat RecordsŪ

3rdAnswer's Arena

OVR: 24

Yankees in 7. At this point, you don't look at lineups, statistics or anything like that. This series is gonna be all mental. Last year the Red Sox could have won because of more talent, but they didnt.

I say the Yankees because they still have a mental advantage over Boston.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball »