Home

Yankees-Red Sox ALCS Thread

This is a discussion on Yankees-Red Sox ALCS Thread within the Pro Baseball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-10-2004, 04:31 AM   #33
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Yankees-Red Sox ALCS Thread

Go redsox!!!!!!! redsox in 5

GW HR by Ramirez
Old 10-10-2004, 11:49 AM   #34
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28

There go the Red-Sux fans again opening there mouth to soon. Just like last year when they started painting the World Series Logo in Fengay Stadium before the 7th game. Way to jinx it you morons. Yankees in 6.
http://news.bostonherald.com/localRe...rticleid=48250
Old 10-10-2004, 11:55 AM   #35
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

I'm not a Yankees fan or a Red Sox fan, but I know who I'm cheering for in this playoff series; the Red Sox. I want to see what happens when the Red Sox win the World Series. I want to see it live when the next Bucky Dent or Bill Buckner or Aaron Boone moment happens.

This is what Boston and New York were built to do; to beat eachother. I'd feel great to be a part of Fox right now, because their TV ratings are going to be going through the roof. I'm can't wait to see how this series turns out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2004, 12:25 PM   #36
D*lph*ns m*k* m* cry

OVR: 13

Yankees in six this year . No messing around this time.
Old 10-10-2004, 02:11 PM   #37
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickdtc
I'm not a Yankees fan or a Red Sox fan, but I know who I'm cheering for in this playoff series; the Red Sox. I want to see what happens when the Red Sox win the World Series. I want to see it live when the next Bucky Dent or Bill Buckner or Aaron Boone moment happens.

This is what Boston and New York were built to do; to beat eachother. I'd feel great to be a part of Fox right now, because their TV ratings are going to be going through the roof. I'm can't wait to see how this series turns out!
If the Red Sox win the World Series..

The world asplode! (hopefully some folks get the reference :P)
Old 10-10-2004, 02:21 PM   #38
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfnjoe96
There go the Red-Sux fans again opening there mouth to soon. Just like last year when they started painting the World Series Logo in Fengay Stadium before the 7th game. Way to jinx it you morons. Yankees in 6.
http://news.bostonherald.com/localRe...rticleid=48250
LOL Sox fans opening their mouths? Have you not read all 10000 Yankee fans in this thread and how the Yanks are going to demolish Boston?

Sorry but the talking goes both ways.

IMO, Boston will win in 7 because of pitching! Schilling in the playoffs is different. Granted, Pedro has struggled against the Yanks but he's still Pedro Freakin Martinez. The Yankees have a bad bad bad rotatioin compared to the Sox. All the Yankeees have pitching wise is Mariano Rivera.

The Boston and New York lineups kind of balance out because they are both loaded. Yankees probably have the better lineup but because of the pitching advantage, the Sox will win. Good pitching always beats good hitting.
Old 10-10-2004, 02:29 PM   #39
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanmac
There's nothing for pure humor like a group of fans insisting that their team that hasn't won since the Armistice is a lock to beat the team that has beat their brains in pretty much the entire time.

"But this year is different!" Yes, that's what they said last year.

"This is the best Sox team I've ever seen!" That's what they said last year, shortly before retiring their Cowboy Up! shirts to the bottom of the drawer.

As a Yankees fan do I think we can lose this series? Absolutely. Boston has a good team, the Yankees have cracks, and let's face it, it's not easy to go 0-76. Am I worried? Not really. This Yankees team has earned the benefit of the doubt from me for the forseable future. I'll believe that they'll lose when the last out is recorded in the ninth inning of the deciding game. At that point, I'll tip my hat to the other team and leave it at that.

But Red Sox nation needs to learn that they're being transparent with their chest puffing and braggadocio. There's a lot of reason to be optimistic, but then again, the Red Sox haven't won a meaningful game against the Yankees this year and we all know it. They haven't. And we all know that every Sox fan is going to be reduced to a quivering heap of jelly at multiple points during the series as they await the inevitable collapse. They (and we) will be more surprised if the Sox don't collapse than if they do. That pretty much undermines all the trash talking, because its talking from a position of fundamental weakness. Maybe the mighty Sox get their act together, vanquish their long term rivals and go on to make it 1-76, at which point you guys can resume acting like your baseball team is the best thing since sliced bread. But until then, just shut the hell up and hope for the best.
Well said.. Simply put, the red sox are not tough enough to do it. Even if they did win, they'd just choke in the WS anyways.
Old 10-10-2004, 02:30 PM   #40
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeePee20

IMO, Boston will win in 7 because of pitching! Schilling in the playoffs is different. Granted, Pedro has struggled against the Yanks but he's still Pedro Freakin Martinez. The Yankees have a bad bad bad rotatioin compared to the Sox. All the Yankeees have pitching wise is Mariano Rivera.
Uh, that is just wrong.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball »