Home

The LeBron James Thread

This is a discussion on The LeBron James Thread within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Team?
Cleveland 82 20.81%
Chicago 86 21.83%
New York 71 18.02%
New Jersey 32 8.12%
Los Angeles Clippers 11 2.79%
Oklahoma City 7 1.78%
Miami 82 20.81%
Other 23 5.84%
Voters: 394. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-20-2011, 11:48 PM   #8945
I'll thank him for you

ex carrabba fan's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: The LeBron James Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
i've said it before and so has jeebs. I believe his issues have been mostly injury related. The fact that he gets injured so much is another issue, but I still think he's a great option when healthy. And for the record, healthy I think he's a perfect player to play with Lebron. Just because he's playing it doesn't mean he's healthy.
So he was hurt in Minnesota too?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2011, 11:52 PM   #8946
Banned

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan
Few things hurt more than being a T-Wolf.
Old 03-20-2011, 11:53 PM   #8947
I'll thank him for you

ex carrabba fan's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xs and Os
Few things hurt more than being a T-Wolf.
One of those being a Wizard
Old 03-20-2011, 11:56 PM   #8948
Banned

OVR: 0
Well played, sir.
Old 03-21-2011, 09:39 AM   #8949
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Well while your waiting that second, take a second to look throgh my post and find where I said that explained his shooting %

And while were waiting for that, a side note...

James Jones and Arroyo before leaving were shooting their highest ever percentage from 3 this year....whats that explain?

Nothing. Miller is just not taking advantage of his opportunitys...and hes had plenty of wide open shots. I agree with jeebs that its more of him being hurt than anything.

James Jones and Arroyo are shooting career highs from 3pt land. Mike Miller has lead the league in unguarded 3 pointers for the last 3 years. Arroyo a player I thought that would never become a shooter was shooting 50% from 3 point land one time. Mike Miller is a career 46... But down to 40% this year...
Old 03-21-2011, 02:33 PM   #8950
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan
To be honest, I don't remember him in Minnesota to say one way or the other. I actually watch Wizards games, lol.

I see that he only started 47 of the 73 games he played there so there was something going on.

But even still, nobody's arguing for Mike Miller to be considered one of the best players in the league. He shot 48% from the field in MIN to go along with 38% from 3. He also averaged 4.5 assists and 6.6 rebounds. If this production of the MIN/WAS is what should be expected from him, he's STILL a perfect player on a team with LBJ and Wade. He clearly takes high percentage shots and makes them, specifically from 3... and also fills the stat sheet in the same way Wade and James do on a lower level. Unless you're just looking at points (which they shouldn't need too much of) this year's stats, including percentages, seem pretty clearly the exception. And based on watching him play, I also think it's clear that it's likely due to a serious injury since his skill set actually fits playing with someone like James, unlike other guys we've mentioned.

Lets take a step back though... what exactly are you arguing here anyway? I don't think Miller is an all star... I'm sure you agree. I don't think his current play is bad because he's playing with James... I'm sure you agree.

Is all of this just trying to prove that he's been regressing? Even if that were the case, he'd still be a good fit for the Heat when healthy since his %'s (before a broken thumb) are great and they need guys that actually like spotting up and shooting, right? But with the regressing, are you going to bring anything to the table besides him playing in MIN and WAS bc his numbers were actually decent in both places besides points (9.9 and 10.9 respectively). Then it's "well they both suck so he had to get stats" so I'm confused what you're basing it on then. Is it from watching tons of Wolves and Zards games? Just trying to figure out how far sidetracked this is getting in an LBJ thread.
Old 03-21-2011, 04:30 PM   #8951
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

My boys and I were recently hanging out and debating about basketball as usually. But I was on the PS3 and brought this video up. And said "Wow this is the hottest I've even seen anyone"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyd4NPvzKQg

Big Big mistake on my part. So one of my friends says "Are you kidding me?... Kobe gets hot like that all the time." Another one of my friends said "Yea I've seen Kobe hot before. But not hot like that. Where he is hitting 30 foot 3 pointers back to back to back like that".

Maybe it was more of the hype players and shots that made me say that. But Am I wrong. Has Kobe been that hot before. Where he is taking bad shots and they are going in? Another friend brought up the 81 point game. But I don't remember Kobe throwing up that many "bad shots".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2011, 08:21 PM   #8952
Next Miami Great

iAM-IncReDiBLe-'s Arena

All I ever see is Kobe taking bad shots an they go in lol. Of course I'm exaggerating but he takes the toughest shots an the go in.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »