Home

The LeBron James Thread

This is a discussion on The LeBron James Thread within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Team?
Cleveland 82 20.81%
Chicago 86 21.83%
New York 71 18.02%
New Jersey 32 8.12%
Los Angeles Clippers 11 2.79%
Oklahoma City 7 1.78%
Miami 82 20.81%
Other 23 5.84%
Voters: 394. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-27-2019, 09:41 PM   #14969
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: The LeBron James Thread

The second video is on point. He's had a ton of help in his career since he left CLE the first time. Wade, Bosh, Irving, and Love are better supporting stars than most greats got to play with. Every one of those guys had to take on a reduced role to fit into the required BronBall system. You could put four guys from All-NBA First Team on LeBron's squad and every one of them would have their role greatly reduced. You wouldn't see a balanced mesh like with GSW. Bosh essentially became a spot up shooter, much like Love. Funny that those players' reduced statistical impact fed into the narrative that LeBron's supporting cast was always weak or didn't show up in various series. You could see the disarray the young Lakers core was in this year trying to adjust to BronBall.

LeBron is at his best when he is allowed to carry a team full of role players. He's the best there's ever been at maximizing role players and carrying teams farther than they should go, granted playing in the weak East played a sizeable role in that. He'll put up monster numbers like his 36/13/9 '15 Finals series and everyone will be blown away. There's a weird irony about one of the most unselfish basketball players having a style that makes his best teammates worse. I think that's why there's truth to KD's statements about stars not wanting to play with LeBron. You have to sacrifice a ton; it doesn't seem like fun despite giving you a greater chance at winning.

Despite all that, for as great as he is, he's just like other greats who needed a great sidekick to win. He needed Wade and he needed a Kyrie who outplayed Steph in the 2016 Finals.

His off the court behavior has always had a bit of phoniness and divaness to it but whatever. At least we moved past the days where he was doing an Irish jig on the bench mid-game. Still, stuff like the "playoff activation" stuff makes you cringe.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 03-27-2019, 10:03 PM   #14970
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by aloncho11
As good as an athlete and scorer I consider Lebron to be, these videos show why I have always considered him on a level quite below the hype he gets.

Some people are very harsh on him, but I think it's not simply because they hate him, but because of certain attitudes he's had on and off the court during his career. In that sense it's justified.

His best offensive year to me is either 2012-13 or 2013-14.

I don't even want to jump into this. I feel there will always be some post like this. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Old 03-27-2019, 10:25 PM   #14971
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
The second video is on point. He's had a ton of help in his career since he left CLE the first time. Wade, Bosh, Irving, and Love are better supporting stars than most greats got to play with. Every one of those guys had to take on a reduced role to fit into the required BronBall system. You could put four guys from All-NBA First Team on LeBron's squad and every one of them would have their role greatly reduced. You wouldn't see a balanced mesh like with GSW. Bosh essentially became a spot up shooter, much like Love. Funny that those players' reduced statistical impact fed into the narrative that LeBron's supporting cast was always weak or didn't show up in various series. You could see the disarray the young Lakers core was in this year trying to adjust to BronBall.

LeBron is at his best when he is allowed to carry a team full of role players. He's the best there's ever been at maximizing role players and carrying teams farther than they should go, granted playing in the weak East played a sizeable role in that. He'll put up monster numbers like his 36/13/9 '15 Finals series and everyone will be blown away. There's a weird irony about one of the most unselfish basketball players having a style that makes his best teammates worse. I think that's why there's truth to KD's statements about stars not wanting to play with LeBron. You have to sacrifice a ton; it doesn't seem like fun despite giving you a greater chance at winning.

Despite all that, for as great as he is, he's just like other greats who needed a great sidekick to win. He needed Wade and he needed a Kyrie who outplayed Steph in the 2016 Finals.

His off the court behavior has always had a bit of phoniness and divaness to it but whatever. At least we moved past the days where he was doing an Irish jig on the bench mid-game. Still, stuff like the "playoff activation" stuff makes you cringe.
Bosh and Love were bigs with jumpers. Like I said before. I thought the Heat team shared the ball the best of any LeBron lead team (those last 3 years on the heat). Once he came back to the Cavs. The Bronball was back in effect. I think the be narrative once it got to the finals was always going to be on LeBron's teammates if they lose.

The first year with the heat. That finals I blame LeBron. He disappeared.

The final year with the heat. I think the first game with the weird heat conditions missed up the whole series.

The first year with the Cavs. Kyrie was killing Curry before hurting his knee. Love was lost in the Boston series.

That third year with the Cavs was weird. You can blame LeBron on this series.

And obviously last year JR Smith situation. The whole series was done lol

I think LeBron is in a tough spot no matter what anyone says. He's been put on this pedestal.

People complained about him not posting up. They complained about his jumper. They complained he was too passive. They said he wasn't clutch. I've heard it all to this point.

https://youtu.be/erQl3K7NRnc

Last edited by jeebs9; 03-27-2019 at 10:34 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2019, 11:45 PM   #14972
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

Here is one more thing that I guess could be a counter argument about "Bronball". All these star players before they joined or got forced into playing with him. Can't you say they have never been to the finals before they played with LeBron. Wade is the only one. But even before he teamed up with LeBron. He was first round exit vs 2010 Celtics the year before. 2009 lost to ATL. 2008 didn't make the playoffs. 2007 swept by the Bulls. Won finals MVP 2006 (with Shaq towards the end of his prime).

No need to mention Bosh, Love, or Kyrie. These guys can't say they even been to the Conference Finals of their conferences at the time.

LeBron was always expected to be in the finals. Even his 2009 Cavs team had the best record in the East. They choked Orlando in the Eastern Finals. And then choked again vs in the semi-final vs the Celtics in 2010.

Old 03-28-2019, 04:14 AM   #14973
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0
The LeBron James Thread

Edit: delete

Last edited by ojandpizza; 03-28-2019 at 09:00 AM.
Old 03-28-2019, 04:18 PM   #14974
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojandpizza
Edit: delete
Booooooooooo.

It was more than 5,000 words, wasn't it?

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 03-28-2019, 04:19 PM   #14975
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Booooooooooo.

It was more than 5,000 words, wasn't it?
I read half of it this morning lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2019, 04:29 PM   #14976
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0

I really just didn't want to jump into a back and forth over it lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »