Home

Scott Brooks FIRED. #WojBomb

This is a discussion on Scott Brooks FIRED. #WojBomb within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-22-2015, 07:39 PM   #33
MVP

OkayC's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Scott Brooks FIRED. #WojBomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMH
Didn't Golden state pretty much create the elevator doors play that everyone is copying? Jackson was the coach.

I think he's a great motivator. I do agree the Warriors fell into spells when plays broke. A lot of iso in those situations. But I also think it hasn't been much different today.

sent from my mobile device
Yea he did basically create that play, which is why i never understand why people act like hes mike brown level bad. I cant put him in company of pop, but i dont think he falls worse than top 10. btw i tought that play to my little cousins basketball team. So simple yet so effective.
Old 04-22-2015, 07:46 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 5

I'm pretty sure the old pacers ran the elevator play for Reggie Miller, in which Mark Jackson was on the team.
Old 04-22-2015, 07:48 PM   #35
MVP

MattUM's Arena

OVR: 2

Not saying Mark Jackson is a bad coach, I don't think Brooks is bad either, but if you're letting Brooks go because he can't maximize the talent and get you over the hump, Mark Jackson isn't the guy that's going to do that for you either. The Thunder don't need someone to come in and turn them around - they're already there, they need someone who will get them over the hump.
Lebron James
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2015, 08:08 PM   #36
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Barkley never thinks a coach should get fired ever.

He gone Chuck
Old 04-22-2015, 08:12 PM   #37
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by algeron04
I'm pretty sure the old pacers ran the elevator play for Reggie Miller, in which Mark Jackson was on the team.
Possible. Probably a variation on it considering the rule changes.

I wouldn't credit him fully with the design. I'm sure every coach borrows from somewhere.

"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 04-22-2015, 08:17 PM   #38
MVP

OkayC's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMH
Possible. Probably a variation on it considering the rule changes.

I wouldn't credit him fully with the design. I'm sure every coach borrows from somewhere.

thinking about it i think the idea was barrowed from his days with miller. but like you said every coach borrows something from someone else. even greg pops swing motion offense has variations of triangle in it.
Old 04-22-2015, 09:52 PM   #39
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkayC
thinking about it i think the idea was barrowed from his days with miller. but like you said every coach borrows something from someone else. even greg pops swing motion offense has variations of triangle in it.
Popovich's offense also borrows heavily from Jerry Sloan's motion offense in Utah.

from Spurs Nation/Bills Backer HQ using Tapatalk

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member
Old 04-22-2015, 10:55 PM   #40
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattUM
Not saying Mark Jackson is a bad coach, I don't think Brooks is bad either, but if you're letting Brooks go because he can't maximize the talent and get you over the hump, Mark Jackson isn't the guy that's going to do that for you either. The Thunder don't need someone to come in and turn them around - they're already there, they need someone who will get them over the hump.
Exactly how is Mark Jackson not the guy that's going to maximize talent and get you over the hump? Where did he fail at that, that says he's not the guy for that job? He only got three years in Golden State and in that time he turned a dumpster fire of a franchise that could barely win 29 games into a contender in the Western Conference. They got better every year he was there and I'm sure if Andrew Bogut had the kind of health he's currently having for Steve Kerr, he would have improved his playoff performance every year as well. They went to the second round in his second year mind you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »