Home

2017-18 Transaction Thread

This is a discussion on 2017-18 Transaction Thread within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-26-2017, 11:28 AM   #25
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: 2017-18 Transaction Thread

Things got quiet on the Bledsoe front pretty quickly.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2017, 12:48 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0

Phoenix, if they wanted to trade him, kinda ****ed themselves on this whole situation. Letting it get to this point where it’s all out in the open, then not playing him and saying you want to get rid of him, etc.. they basically killed what maybe could have been a decent return for him at one point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-26-2017, 01:25 PM   #27
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
In an interview on Arizona Sports radio 98.7 on Tuesday, McDonough further addressed Bledsoe’s tweet on Sunday that read, “I don’t wanna be here.” The tweet was posted moments before the organization fired coach Earl Watson.

“I was certainly surprised by it and disappointed by it,” McDonough said. “I think Eric’s a good person. I think he’s unfortunately gotten some bad advice and is listening to the wrong people. I think generally, any time you sign a contract, it doesn’t only work one way. It works both ways, and for a guy with years on his contract to say or intimate he didn’t want to be here anymore, I didn’t find that to be appropriate, and I think if he says he wants to be a leader, that’s the opposite of what a leader does and the opposite of what leadership is. So I think that’s all I’m going to say about that.”

ESPN first reported on Monday that Bledsoe was sent home following a meeting with McDonough.

The 27-year-old point guard had met with Suns owner Robert Sarver and McDonough during the preseason and requested a trade, sources told ESPN. Frustrated with the direction of the team, its whiffs in free agency and questionable personnel moves during his four years with the franchise, Bledsoe expressed that it was time he moved on, sources said. Bledsoe was then told by management, according to sources, that the team had underperformed ever since he was given starting point guard responsibilities.
Quote:
“Eric (was) eligible for a renegotiation and extension of his contract … with two years left on his contract, we did not feel like that was something that made sense for the team. We told Eric and his representatives that was something that we were potentially open to discussing next summer with one year left on his deal. I guess they didn’t like that answer and took kind of a hostile approach and kind of shut down and distanced themselves from the team. I think that’s where the approach came from.”
http://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/10/26/...s-starting-pg/

It's just one big mess over there and has been for sometime.
Old 10-26-2017, 02:11 PM   #28
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Re: PPM's post: if the team's response was that they've sucked with Bledsoe, shouldn't that have meant that they'd trade him as he wished?

For what it's worth, a Bucks beat writer that's notorious for being awful says that Phoenix is insisting on Malcolm Brogdon + John Henson (or Mirza Teletovic) for Bledsoe. Milwaukee is apparently offering Dellavadova instead of Brogdon.

Again, take it with a grain of salt because Gery Woelfel sucks at his job.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 10-26-2017, 02:29 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

No way would I trade Brogdon for him. Especially since he and Giannis work so well together.

Surprised Phoenix even thinks they can get a starter like that in return after the way this has been handled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-26-2017, 02:30 PM   #30
MVP

RedSceptile's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
Re: PPM's post: if the team's response was that they've sucked with Bledsoe, shouldn't that have meant that they'd trade him as he wished?

For what it's worth, a Bucks beat writer that's notorious for being awful says that Phoenix is insisting on Malcolm Brogdon + John Henson (or Mirza Teletovic) for Bledsoe. Milwaukee is apparently offering Dellavadova instead of Brogdon.

Again, take it with a grain of salt because Gery Woelfel sucks at his job.
Wouldn't getting rid of Henson's contract help you guys out? Or is the front office so high on Brogdon?
Old 10-26-2017, 02:59 PM   #31
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSceptile
Wouldn't getting rid of Henson's contract help you guys out?
Almost certainly, yes. Henson has been the Bucks best center so far, but obviously it's only been 4 games, and small stretches of great play from him before turning into a lazy piece of **** are pretty much the norm with him. I think getting out of his contract would definitely be a good thing, and if the rumors are to be believed, we've been pretty desperate to get out of it for awhile now.

Quote:
Or is the front office so high on Brogdon?
According to Gery Woelfel, the front office is concerned by the foot injury he suffered back in college. Apparently it was so serious that some NBA teams removed him from their draft boards entirely. Still, our reluctance to include him to this point suggests that the front office remains high on him.

He was really good as a rookie, and he looks a lot more confident shooting off the dribble/creating off the dribble this season. I always believed he was pretty much a finished product already, but his play to start the season has me thinking there may be some untapped potential left in there.

Personally, my offer for Bledsoe would be Monroe's massive expiring contract and a protected 1st round pick or Delly + DJ Wilson (and no additional pick). If Denver wants to beat those offers, I'd probably let them.

Edit: I could also see a deal where Tyson Chandler and some salary on Milwaukee's end gets added.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont

Last edited by Yeah...THAT Guy; 10-26-2017 at 03:02 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2017, 03:25 PM   #32
Rookie

Cyrus09's Arena

Wouldn't Bledsoe kill their spacing all together? Don't think you can put a 30% 3p shooter with the rest of their lineup, especially for Brogdon.

That alone makes him a better fit in Denver IMO, they would have enough guys who can shoot around him plus they could really need his defense upfront.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »