Home

2018 Off-Season Thread

This is a discussion on 2018 Off-Season Thread within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-27-2018, 03:24 PM   #985
MVP

lakers24's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 2018 Off-Season Thread

So, to summarize:

James is undecided. James is going to LA; LA, Cavs; Houston or Philly; Don't like Houston as a city; Philly not really in play; Willing to be the first in the door with LA; Not willing to be the first in the door with LA; It's about winning; It's about family and happiness; His kids are going to school here; his house is under construction; his management team is moving to LA; The Cavs can't get any feedback from James; The Cavs are moving forward as through he's leaving; The Cavs are looking at Kemba to keep James; George definitely joining the Lakers; George may stay in OKC; Kawhi's situation could impact George; George's documentary definitely means he's staying; George's documentary definitely means he's going; Kawhi's situation could impact Lebron; George, Lebron and Kawhi could play together; George, Lebron and Kawhi cannot play together; LA on the clock to get Kawhi to land James;

....and ladies and gents, there's still 3 days and some change till free agency "officially" begins smh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caveman24
All lip service to me honestly. I've already made up in my mind this another Deng/Mozgov type offseason.
Damn bruh, Mitch/Jim scarred you that bad huh lol

Last edited by lakers24; 06-27-2018 at 03:27 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2018, 03:28 PM   #986
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

Mavs remove qualifying offer to McDermott
Old 06-27-2018, 03:29 PM   #987
MVP

RedSceptile's Arena

OVR: 17

James isn't coming to Houston (which I'm ok with) but we are probably gonna give Chris Paul max years and money (which I am not ok with). I already know this off season is gonna suck with Trevor Ariza wanting as much as he wants and Paul more than likely getting the max. Oh joy.
Old 06-27-2018, 03:33 PM   #988
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSceptile
James isn't coming to Houston (which I'm ok with) but we are probably gonna give Chris Paul max years and money (which I am not ok with). I already know this off season is gonna suck with Trevor Ariza wanting as much as he wants and Paul more than likely getting the max. Oh joy.
Where does all this leave you in terms of Capela? I'm assuming Houston would match whatever offer her gets. Since Phoenix is set there maybe that's not a max but it'll be close. Especially if Dallas fails on Cousins or Jordan.
Old 06-27-2018, 03:38 PM   #989
MVP

RedSceptile's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojandpizza
Where does all this leave you in terms of Capela? I'm assuming Houston would match whatever offer her gets. Since Phoenix is set there maybe that's not a max but it'll be close. Especially if Dallas fails on Cousins or Jordan.
I highly doubt that Phoenix is going after Capela, they were planning to before they won the lottery (and Ayton as a result) but now things have obviously changed. I expect the Mavericks to go after Capela if they can't land Cousins or Jordan, but with that if they wait too long I have a feeling we will lock him up before that. If they sign Capela to a max offer sheet either we match it (which I am not so certain we do) or we S & T for Jordan since he apparently wants to come to one of us Texas teams. Either which way I believe we are going to walk away with Capela (preferrably) or Jordan. Depending on the market for Cousins this will be a non-issue but this also depends on the market for Capela who will I don't think he is a max level guy, will still get paid at that level all things considered.
Old 06-27-2018, 03:38 PM   #990

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojandpizza

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Spoken like a guy who's trying to keep his name out there, trying to get booked for TV appearances and doing podcasts lol.
Old 06-27-2018, 03:43 PM   #991
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSceptile
I highly doubt that Phoenix is going after Capela, they were planning to before they won the lottery (and Ayton as a result) but now things have obviously changed. I expect the Mavericks to go after Capela if they can't land Cousins or Jordan, but with that if they wait too long I have a feeling we will lock him up before that. If they sign Capela to a max offer sheet either we match it (which I am not so certain we do) or we S & T for Jordan since he apparently wants to come to one of us Texas teams. Either which way I believe we are going to walk away with Capela (preferrably) or Jordan. Depending on the market for Cousins this will be a non-issue but this also depends on the market for Capela who will I don't think he is a max level guy, will still get paid at that level all things considered.
Yeah that's what I meant by Phoenix being set, weird wording on my part. So does Houston come back with the same roster as last year then?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2018, 03:44 PM   #992
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Nets just biding their time for these next 2 years and I’m perfectly fine with that.

Feels good not to make rash decisions with god awful contracts/awful players like we gave out under the last regime. Y’all teams giving out bad contracts to garbage players just to stay relevant for a year...can’t relate

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »