Home

2018 Off-Season Thread

This is a discussion on 2018 Off-Season Thread within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2018, 03:04 PM   #585
Hall Of Fame

cima's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: 2017-2018 Off-Season Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam21224
I'm all in for Khawi as long as we don't send out any future draft picks and get to keep one or two out of the three (Ingram, Kuz, Ball).

Big fat NO for Bron *non basketball reasons

A hypothetical defensive lineup of Khawi, George and Bron though sounds great and if we were able to keep Ingram stick him at PG a man can dream

Must fight off these rumors
I think it's too risky to go for all 3. You'll have to gut the entire team and be left with Josh Hart and a bunch of minimum contract players. If one of the big three goes down, you're ****ed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2018, 03:04 PM   #586
Hall Of Fame

cima's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Not to mention KP will likely miss the entire season. We're very close to being a great spot.

1) Got KP
2) Got Frank (eff the haters)
3) Add a solid rotation piece next week (either Bridges or Knox)
4) Suck next year without KP and get a high draft pick

If we trade for Kawhi we're still going to suck next year and he could potentially walk in 2020.
KP tore his ACL, that's no longer a year+ injury to recover from, so why would he miss the entire season? Purposefully tanking?
Old 06-15-2018, 03:05 PM   #587
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
Me too... I'm actually shocked. WTF is going on. Kyrie last year. And now quiet K-Why wants to leave the Spurs! I'm so confused right now. The Spurs of all teams. It's there one place in the world where drama doesn't exist.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
We'll see what happens, but with certain players you can make one mistake, one that you may not even realize you've made, and they will be done with you no matter what.

If PG is willing to make due with like 26 mil per then the Lakers could fit both him and Leonard under while still having Randle's cap hold.

I don't see a viable package that the Lakers can put forth to get Kawhi, though.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 06-15-2018, 03:06 PM   #588
Hall Of Fame

cima's Arena

Kawhi has no leverage here, right? So why would they trade him where he wants to go rather than take the best deal they're offered? They can get better deals than what LA can offer so I don't see it happening unfortunately.
Old 06-15-2018, 03:09 PM   #589
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

From the looks of it, Kawhi and Pop never met but they have been talking to each other, and Kawhi has said nothing to the Spurs themselves.

Kawhi was spotted in Miami a couple days ago and Pop is out of town so neither are anywhere near each other location wise.

Pop and Duncan may not get that meeting with him face to face but it still might happen.
Old 06-15-2018, 03:10 PM   #590
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by cima
Kawhi has no leverage here, right? So why would they trade him where he wants to go rather than take the best deal they're offered? They can get better deals than what LA can offer so I don't see it happening unfortunately.
Flatout refusal to sign an extension with whichever team were to trade for him is about all he has as a play. Could be enough to scare off some potential trade partners.
Old 06-15-2018, 03:10 PM   #591
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam21224
I'm all in for Khawi as long as we don't send out any future draft picks and get to keep one or two out of the three (Ingram, Kuz, Ball).

Big fat NO for Bron *non basketball reasons

A hypothetical defensive lineup of Khawi, George and Bron though sounds great and if we were able to keep Ingram stick him at PG a man can dream

Must fight off these rumors
I know it's Khawi, but it's hard for me to take having to lose what would probably be the two 20yr olds. But if it was done, I rather just have PG and Leonard and keep Hart, Randle, and Kuz as the role players/depth instead of having Bron.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2018, 03:11 PM   #592
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by cima
Some teams can definitely offer better but they don’t want to gut their assets for a year rental.
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »