Home

NBA Draft 2021

This is a discussion on NBA Draft 2021 within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-22-2020, 10:30 AM   #81
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: NBA Draft 2021

That's about how I feel.

Oklahoma State is getting so tough to watch. I'm tempted to just ignore Cade for the rest of the season and keep him as a top-four pick.

Three assists and six turnovers for Cade vs Texas the other night. College hoops is so ugly.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2020, 10:31 AM   #82
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0

Boston plays like a guy who’s been stuck picking up habits from the absolute worst parts of AAU basketball. He’s so wild and out of control in what little I’ve seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-22-2020, 01:42 PM   #83
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
That's about how I feel.

Oklahoma State is getting so tough to watch. I'm tempted to just ignore Cade for the rest of the season and keep him as a top-four pick.

Three assists and six turnovers for Cade vs Texas the other night. College hoops is so ugly.
I've not watched any games I thought he was suppose to be a once in a generational player ?
Old 12-22-2020, 02:52 PM   #84
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

It's clear that he's not, and he's not a lock that he'll be the #1 pick in the draft. I can see Suggs, Green, and Mobley all going above him, though it's tough to pass on a 6'8" playmaker who can shoot the ball.

He's an average NBA athlete, which isn't a big deal if you have the skills to transcend, but his playmaking and vision don't jump out as much as they were supposed to. His handle needs improvement. He has a 1:1 ast:TO ratio on the nose with 29 of each on the season. He's one of those prospects who's difficult to scout because college basketball is so bad and he's much better suited for the NBA's style of play. He's someone who probably should have gone to the G-League (I think OSU has a postseason ban this year to boot).

He's a no-brainer Top 5 pick and I think his floor is quite high but his ceiling is the big question. I wouldn't rule out All-Star potential but he hasn't shown those flashes just yet. In a loaded draft it's a complicated issue--if he was in this past draft he'd have gone #1 without question.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 12-23-2020, 07:26 AM   #85
We Here

Hassan Darkside's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
He's an average NBA athlete, which isn't a big deal if you have the skills to transcend, but his playmaking and vision don't jump out as much as they were supposed to. His handle needs improvement. He has a 1:1 ast:TO ratio on the nose with 29 of each on the season. He's one of those prospects who's difficult to scout because college basketball is so bad and he's much better suited for the NBA's style of play. He's someone who probably should have gone to the G-League (I think OSU has a postseason ban this year to boot).
So you're telling me he plays on a team with poor spacing and ugly offense that's essentially banned from the post season? He should fit in with the Knicks quite nicely.
Royce da 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
How many brothers fell victim to the skeet.........
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2020, 01:45 AM   #86
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

I really love Jalen Suggs overall game. He plays defense, passes the ball really well, can shoot and score.

https://youtu.be/9wmOy0NFIo4
Old 12-25-2020, 04:57 PM   #87
All Star

redsrule's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
How are folks feeling about Brandon Boston? The UK situation has gotten really ugly. To me, Boston is by far the most underwhelming of the Top 10 prospects coming into the season but you can see the talent that made him so hyped up.
I thought Brandon Ingram was a good comp coming into the year, but he's been awful. I'm not sure if it's because of Cal or if he's just a lot worse than everyone expected. Not sure any UK player should be considered a first round pick as of now.
Old 12-25-2020, 07:46 PM   #88
Hall Of Fame

DamnYanks2's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsrule
I thought Brandon Ingram was a good comp coming into the year, but he's been awful. I'm not sure if it's because of Cal or if he's just a lot worse than everyone expected. Not sure any UK player should be considered a first round pick as of now.
Off topic. But are you ready to move on from Cal? There's been some fun years here. But definitely feel like Cal has lost his touch. The game has changed. But he hasn't changed with it.

I'm about at the end of my rope with him.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »