Home

Western Conference 2nd Round Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on Western Conference 2nd Round Discussion Thread within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-16-2022, 01:22 PM   #457
Hall Of Fame

cima's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Western Conference 2nd Round Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
It’s always interesting how we look at teams the following year after they’ve had one of, if not their most successful seasons in their history, especially for teams that haven’t won any Championships.

Last year, we were happy for the Suns. This year, it’s **** them. We did to the Bucks until they won and now we want them to keep winning. Same happened with the Warriors(only right before and after Steph and them won their first of 3).

I imagine by next year folks will start to slow turn on Memphis too.

(I realize that fan loyalty isn’t owed to those teams, I’m just making more of an observation on how we look at teams differently because it’s always been interesting)
Yeah Suns' fans and players became annoying. It happens when you let success go to your head but the difference between Suns and Warriors/Bucks/Lakers is the the Suns didn't actually win the title.

I never found the Bucks or their fans annoying at all. Giannis is hilarious and stays humble, don't see how anyone couldn't like him.

Memphis is already getting haters/labeled dirty by some out there...it is what it is, people get jealous of other's success. The Bengals are now despised by Chargers fans just because Burrow was taken before Herbert in the draft and they can't stand that many believe Burrow > Herbert.

Sports fandom is funny.
Old 05-16-2022, 01:40 PM   #458
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

I mean… Minnesota is a more unlikable team than Phoenix tho. At least the Suns went to the Finals and dominated this regular season so them getting cocky as Cima said makes sense. Pat Beverly is a bum and been a bum and the Timberwolves haven’t won **** ever in their history but a play in game and these dudes are cocky and arrogant like they’re really the team to beat in the league. People that blow 2 20 point leads in one playoff game should probably shut up for the rest of the year until they do better than that

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 05-16-2022, 01:40 PM   #459

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

Guess I don't follow fandoms closely enough, because I don't even have a read on what Suns fans are. Whether they are obnoxious or not. I can only do social media in a surface level kind of way, so I'm never gonna be the guy reading every comment/post on Twitter, etc. What I see is more than enough lol.

I never thought success was going to the players' heads. Booker and Paul don't seem especially arrogant to me.
Old 05-16-2022, 02:25 PM   #460
Hall Of Fame

cima's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
Guess I don't follow fandoms closely enough, because I don't even have a read on what Suns fans are. Whether they are obnoxious or not. I can only do social media in a surface level kind of way, so I'm never gonna be the guy reading every comment/post on Twitter, etc. What I see is more than enough lol.

I never thought success was going to the players' heads. Booker and Paul don't seem especially arrogant to me.
Well I live in Phoenix so I've got a good grip on it. People out here really think Booker is on Kobe's level. It's nauseating.

I haven't really been bothered much by Booker other than the double-team whining video. The "Luka special" is a pretty bad look now as well.

Lakers/Suns fans really dislike each other. I know Lakers fans feel redemption from the Suns losing because many believe the Lakers would've beaten them last year had AD not gone down (or if LeBron was healthy too). Lakers fans hate Crowder for the salsa dance. Suns fans hate LeBron, hated Drummond last year. That rivalry is definitely a hot topic out here.
Old 05-16-2022, 03:48 PM   #461
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

I didn't expect to be strongly agreeing with Matt Barnes today, but here we are.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2022, 04:20 PM   #462
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0

I've watched that defensive coaching sequence from Kidd probably 20 times now. That was a cool moment, I wish we had more clips like that one floating around. Also credit to Dallas for buying in to what he's saying too. Got Bertans out there moving his feel like K-Love on that last switch to Curry lol.
Old 05-16-2022, 04:38 PM   #463
Hall Of Fame

DamnYanks2's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
I mean… Minnesota is a more unlikable team than Phoenix tho. At least the Suns went to the Finals and dominated this regular season so them getting cocky as Cima said makes sense. Pat Beverly is a bum and been a bum and the Timberwolves haven’t won **** ever in their history but a play in game and these dudes are cocky and arrogant like they’re really the team to beat in the league. People that blow 2 20 point leads in one playoff game should probably shut up for the rest of the year until they do better than that

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I was laughing when they celebrated after the play in game. But I agree with you. That **** was so immature. You'd thought they won the nba finals.

Pat Bev plays hard. But he thinks he's better then he actually is. Guess he's gotta have that mindset but he's not that good lol

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Old 05-16-2022, 05:55 PM   #464
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

“Pat Bev trick y’all”

-noted scholar, Russell Westbrook

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »