Home

2022 Summer League

This is a discussion on 2022 Summer League within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-06-2022, 09:07 PM   #33

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: 2022 Summer League

All these names I'm seeing in summer league...

Kenneth Lofton Jr with 0 relation to Kenny Lofton.

Now I find out there's a guy named Charlie Brown Jr
Old 07-06-2022, 09:56 PM   #34
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
I wonder if this will a lot of run on the shows tomorrow, or will it mess with the storyline put in motion today.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 07-06-2022, 11:09 PM   #35
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34
2022 Summer League

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
I wonder if this will a lot of run on the shows tomorrow, or will it mess with the storyline put in motion today.
Then it should of run yesterday when the other guy did it to him.

Kenny is completely different. He's been playing Chet for years now (team USA teammates). He's Z-Bo in a way. He knows how to use his body vs bigger opponents. Very rarely will you see him get blocked. He needs a contract in my opinion.

https://youtu.be/kzd8l_RCz0s

Correction: He signed a 2 way contract with the Grizzlies.
https://twitter.com/itzjunior34/stat...813gBEjlQ&s=19
Also he wants to be called Jr.

Last edited by jeebs9; 07-07-2022 at 03:35 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2022, 02:08 AM   #36
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
I am in 100% agreement that it's way too early to think Chet (or any rookie really) is just destined to be a future star. His ceiling was always in theory going to be debated on because of his build and everyone already knew that.. I don't really agree with the rest of what was said.

I don't think we will see him "settling for bad jumpers because he can't play inside".. Those jumpers are the shots he wants anyways, that's his game. He's not a center, back to the basket player, any of that and whatever limitation he currently has as far as playing inside feels pretty much irrelevant right now at 19/20 however old.

Everything else about him, skill, instincts, timing, all that is just off the charts. You rarely see rookies come in with all those boxes checked like that. Duncan is one of the closest I can remember, he had the body though and was a 4 year college man.

At his age already having those defensive instincts, timing, knowing where to be on the court, already understanding how to use his length both at the basket and away is special. He'll get stronger whether the frame fills out or not but he has the ability to be an AK47, Prince, type of defender, possibly with better rim protection, and those instincts are there now. It's natural to him, Like LeBron and his play-making/vision were.

The other end just having that type of offensive skill-set is unique. A 7'1 guy comfortable with the ball 40 feet from the rim who has a jumper, handle, midrange game, can finish around the rim.. I doubt we see him peak out as some elite scorer, just not sure it's even his game, but all the skills are there already. I don't think he has to fill out to the point that he's a big dude. Durant never has but getting stronger, better balance, getting the timing with the handle and reading which angles to attack the defender makes the rest of that stuff matter a lot less. These are the types of dudes that it's not really about them taking/settling for "difficult jumpers" because their size/release point makes them oblivious to the defenders hands that don't even reach their chin by the time they release the ball.

Obviously it's summer league. He could struggle badly as a rookie, wouldn't even shock me because it just happens with so many guys. But that type of skill/instinct applies to any level of basketball. It doesn't just disappear. This isn't some freak athlete oozing potential that we still need to see develop 14 areas of his game. How that projects him going forward I have no idea. But frail or not I think it's a good sign to see him taking contact and using his body rather than shy away from it.. Goes back to the whole AK47/Prince stuff, he shows more of that than say Porzingis (post injury anyways) just avoiding any sort of contact at all. Time will tell if Chet can be this hybrid 3/4 and match-up on the wing or end up being a "center" with a disadvantage every single night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
I mean I've already seen it like 10 times tonight already so I'd say that answers your question for the most part. I guess how it's perceived tomorrow could be a different story lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
Then it should of run yesterday when the other guy did it to him.

Kenny is completely different. He's been playing Chet for years now (team USA teammates). He's Z-Bo in a way. He knows how to use his body vs bigger opponents. Very rarely will you see him get blocked. He needs a contract in my opinion.

https://youtu.be/kzd8l_RCz0s
Yeah I really hope he lands a roster spot but he's hard to compare vs anything Chet sees in the league. Randle and Zion can be similar, bulldog like bodies just taking it right to guys chests like that. But even strong dudes like Bron or Giannis because of how much more upright they play could in theory give him less trouble than a guy like Lofton who's center of mass is down at Chet's waist.. We watched ZBo do this to guys for years and years.

Regardless of size Chet does need to get stronger in his base, and figure out how to get low enough to not bleed leverage against guys looking to attack his body like that. I really want to see Lofton in the league though. He's going to be doing this to plenty of guys and have the space to do it at this level. His game is so much different than JJJ, would be cool to see the dynamic of having both of them a couple of years from now.

Last edited by ojandpizza; 07-07-2022 at 12:45 PM.
Old 07-07-2022, 03:52 AM   #37
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojandpizza
I am in 100% agreement that it's way too early to think Chet (or any rookie really) is just destined to be a future star. His ceiling was always in theory going to be debated on because of his build and everyone already knew that.. I don't really agree with the rest of what was said.

I don't think we will see him "settling for bad jumpers because he can't paly inside".. Those jumpers are the shots he wants anyways, that's his game. He's not a center, back to the basket player, any of that and whatever limitation he currently has as far as playing inside feels pretty much irrelevant right now at 19/20 however old.

Everything else about him, skill, instincts, timing, all that is just off the charts. You rarely see rookies come in with all those boxes checked like that. Duncan is one of the closest I can remember, he had the body though and was a 4 year college man.

At his age already having those defensive instincts, timing, knowing where to be on the court, already understanding how to use his length both at the basket and away is special. He'll get stronger whether the frame fills out or not but he has the ability to be an AK47, Prince, type of defender, possibly with better rim protection, and those instincts are there now. It's natural to him, Like LeBron and his play-making/vision were.

The other end just having that type of offensive skill-set is unique. A 7'1 guy comfortable with the ball 40 feet from the rim who has a jumper, handle, midrange game, can finish around the rim.. I doubt we see him peak out as some elite scorer, just not sure it's even his game, but all the skills are there already. I don't think he has to fill out to the point that he's a big dude. Durant never has but getting stronger, better balance, getting the timing with the handle and reading which angles to attack the defender makes the rest of that stuff matter a lot less. These are the types of dudes that it's not really about them taking/settling for "difficult jumpers" because their size/release point makes them oblivious to the defenders hands that don't even reach their chin by the time they release the ball.

Obviously it's summer league. He could struggle badly as a rookie, wouldn't even shock me because it just happens with so many guys. But that type of skill/instinct applies to any level of basketball. It doesn't just disappear. This isn't some freak athlete oozing potential that we still need to see develop 14 areas of his game. How that projects him going forward I have no idea. But frail or not I think it's a good sign to see him taking contact and using his body rather than shy away from it.. Goes back to the whole AK47/Prince stuff, he shows more of that than say Porzingis (post injury anyways) just avoiding any sort of contact at all. Time will tell if Chet can be this hybrid 3/4 and match-up on the wing or end up being a "center" with a disadvantage every single night.

I mean I've already seen it like 10 times tonight already so I'd say that answers your question for the most part. I guess how it's perceived tomorrow could be a different story lol.

Yeah I really hope he lands a roster spot but he's hard to compare vs anything Chet sees in the league. Randle and Zion can be similar, bulldog like bodies just taking it right to guys chests like that. But even strong dudes like Bron or Giannis because of how much more upright they play could in theory give him less trouble than a guy like Lofton who's center of mass is down at Chet's waist.. We watched ZBo do this to guys for years and years.

Regardless of size Chet does need to get stronger in his base, and figure out how to get low enough to not bleed leverage against guys looking to attack his body like that. I really want to see Lofton in the league though. He's going to be doing this to plenty of guys and have the space to do it at this level. His game is so much different than JJJ, would be cool to see the dynamic of having both of them a couple of years from now.
Agree!!!

The other guy I really like is Jalen Williams. They just kept going under on his pick and rolls lol.
https://youtu.be/pNNHyg4LBLA

You can tell this guy Dieng just needs to develop a little more. He's missed some bunnies. He looks like PG. Just the way he flows on the floor.
https://youtu.be/ZgGibItziKc

But oh man if I'm a Thunder fan. I'm pretty excited about the future of my team. No wonder they had to cut Isiah Rody. Too much talent lol. Earl-Robinson is a steal. He's played well since last year. Not shocking because he's a former Jay Wright player (aka Wildcats)

Spoiler

Last edited by jeebs9; 07-07-2022 at 03:59 AM.
Old 07-07-2022, 03:13 PM   #38
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

https://twitter.com/NBA/status/15451...wPxl7hOnw&s=19

Number 1 pick vs What everyone thought was going to be the number one pick lol. Should be fun to watch them head to head.
Old 07-07-2022, 03:41 PM   #39
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

So is the Kenny Lofton guy legit or just a summer fling ?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 07-07-2022, 04:31 PM   #40
We Here

Hassan Darkside's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
So is the Kenny Lofton guy legit or just a summer fling ?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
He's definitely skilled and a load in the paint and has been that way since high school. However, it's hard for me to imagine he'll carve out a role because of the type of game he has and his obvious defensive limitations.
Royce da 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
How many brothers fell victim to the skeet.........

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »