Home

Goalkeepers

This is a discussion on Goalkeepers within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2015, 07:39 PM   #41
Pro

RonMexico1992's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Goalkeepers

IMO.

1. If you watched football today, goalies make mistakes. Goalies get scored on when a guy is through on goal. If a keeper makes the stop, its BRILLIANT. Thats how hard it is.

2. I think in this game, you have to play solid defense. You can't let players make runs. You have to be as good off the ball defending as you are at defending the man with the ball.

But im playing on 25min length, -1 speed, which i think makes a huge diff.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2015, 08:04 PM   #42
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeleTex82
It seems that the through balls by the CPU are a lot more effective than on the demo, both lobbed and on the ground. Could be that I'm playing with PSV instead of Roma. My backline is having a hell of a time keeping up with CPU.
No it is an issue. That is how they are always scoring on me. I'm playing with bad teams right now, a lot in AFC. I have changed tactics to be all out defense, fully compact, fully back line, no offsides trap, and medium/many back.

Against a team like Pakhtakor, they attacked with long balls almost every time. My defense held up most of the time, but every once in a while they will send the ball into the middle and my stupid back line will leave them in space in the middle for an easy goal. When you are playing with ~60 rated CBs, they suck.
Old 09-20-2015, 01:22 AM   #43
Pro

RonMexico1992's Arena

99 defensive prowess. Play style Defensive keeper. Problem solved for me.
Old 09-20-2015, 01:31 AM   #44
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonMexico1992
99 defensive prowess. Play style Defensive keeper. Problem solved for me.
what happens? do they stop those easy shots?
Old 09-20-2015, 01:37 AM   #45
Pro

RonMexico1992's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by max77p
what happens? do they stop those easy shots?
Yes, long range shots no longer OP. They dive more. Attack corners.

You have to edit the opposing teams goalie and yours
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2015, 01:50 AM   #46
Rookie

Quote:
IMO.

1. If you watched football today, goalies make mistakes. Goalies get scored on when a guy is through on goal. If a keeper makes the stop, its BRILLIANT. Thats how hard it is.

2. I think in this game, you have to play solid defense. You can't let players make runs. You have to be as good off the ball defending as you are at defending the man with the ball.

Ive seen the keepers pull of some good saves but only when they rush out. If you or the cpu enter just inside the box and shoot for the far corner, either it goes wide or its a goal. The keepers aren't alert enough they don't close the angle and dive too late it needs fixing.

Other than that the keepers are pretty good from point blank or long range.
Old 09-20-2015, 03:13 AM   #47
Pro

RonMexico1992's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattuk123
Ive seen the keepers pull of some good saves but only when they rush out. If you or the cpu enter just inside the box and shoot for the far corner, either it goes wide or its a goal. The keepers aren't alert enough they don't close the angle and dive too late it needs fixing.

Other than that the keepers are pretty good from point blank or long range.
Try defensive prowess on your goalies at 99. for both teams, works great. Also a play style called "Defensive Goalie"
Old 09-20-2015, 05:02 AM   #48
Rookie

flo182's Arena

Quote:
IMO.

1. Like I and many others with this problem have already said. We dont want perfect goalkeepers! We know that Goalies make mistakes and they always have in PES/FIFA.
And we know that in a 1on1 situation the attacker mostly scores.

What I cant accept are these lame shots from 10-15 meters, with defenders nearby, going right in the middle of the goal and the gk's reaction starts waaaay to late!
That just isnt realistic and its just bull****! Konami ****ed up big time with the gk animations this year.
I'm wondering how it can be that we had realistic gk in PES 1-6 and then suddenly with PES 2008 they started to become so ridiculous.

2. Watch the 2 YT videos I posted. They always defended against my attacker and the shots weren't accurate, they were just shots because I didnt know what else to do. Desperate attempts and yet always goals...

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »