Home

NFL Owners Meetings: Day1 Horse-Collar Tackles Banned

This is a discussion on NFL Owners Meetings: Day1 Horse-Collar Tackles Banned within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-25-2005, 11:10 AM   #17
Banned

Programmed2Kill's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: NFL Owners Meetings: Day1 Horse-Collar Tackles Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoMiss2000
Roy Williams=Horsecollar rule
Michael Irvin=Push off rule
Erik Williams=Hands to the Face rule
Emmitt Smith=No taking Helmet off on the Field rulee

What's next?

Who cares? For any player in the league, when it comes down to giving up 6 or giving up 15 yards penalty, what choice do you make? It's not like the move is premeditated. Where was the outcry when Musa Smith went down? Now Terrible goes down and cries, and now we need to ban it.

This one's for you Terrible! Is he going to cry? I swear I see a tear.

Yeah man, it's...Cowboys Conspiracy 101 going on there at the NFL headquarters in Manhattan. When a Cowboy does soemthing....a rule has to be made against it.

Because, heh...the NFL just never wants to see the 'Boys succeed.

I'm just glad after Dillema took a wrong angle on Tyrone Calico and sprained both of the guy's knees, that Calico is back to normal and blowing backs out in his vehicle in the offseason. Roy almost took that joy away from him.
Old 05-25-2005, 11:12 AM   #18
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Programmed2Kill
Yeah man, it's...Cowboys Conspiracy 101 going on there at the NFL headquarters in Manhattan. When a Cowboy does soemthing....a rule has to be made against it.

Because, heh...the NFL just never wants to see the 'Boys succeed.

I'm just glad after Dillema took a wrong angle on Tyrone Calico and sprained both of the guy's knees, that Calico is back to normal and blowing backs out in his vehicle in the offseason. Roy almost took that joy away from him.
I'm just merely showing all the correlations. The league didn't care about Calico or Musa Smith. However, when the guy they love to hate gets taken out....

Currently Listening: The D.O.C.: No One Can Do It Better (evidence that rap music used to be good!)

Last edited by SoMiss2000; 05-25-2005 at 11:55 AM.
Old 05-25-2005, 11:13 AM   #19
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoMiss2000
Should I expect Jmood to become argumentative every time someone posts something that he doesn't agree with. Of course I should! Jmood would have it no other way. I suffered a broken hip and pelvis in a car accident and I can't remember shedding one tear when it happened. I remember the immense pain that I was in but no tears. So excuse me if I poke a little fun and big bad Terrible for crying after a itty bitty ankle fracture. However, we all know he's bitch-made, see his interviews lately?
I would hate to make you mad and start an argument so I'll leave it alone.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 05-25-2005, 11:14 AM   #20
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by camulos
Just because you don't play doesn't mean you can't understand what's going on. You could use that logic to dispute any of the rule changes they suggest but that doesn't mean they shouldn't make them.
There are a lot of rule changes that shouldn't have happened because the refs don't know what to do during the course of a play. There's many instances where there's only one way to get the player down and that's by grabbing their shoulders. Roy Williams explained it best.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 05-25-2005, 11:17 AM   #21
Banned

OHguy00's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Programmed2Kill
Hey heyyy...Roy Williams lost his ultimate weapon!
Damn, beat me to it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2005, 11:20 AM   #22
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
There are a lot of rule changes that shouldn't have happened because the refs don't know what to do during the course of a play. There's many instances where there's only one way to get the player down and that's by grabbing their shoulders. Roy Williams explained it best.
That i agree with.

Guess what's on the agenda for next year's owners meetings. Next year all DB's will be banned from the field. However, there is a proposal that makes DB's give receivers a 20 yard cushion.

Currently Listening: The D.O.C.: No One Can Do It Better (evidence that rap music used to be good!)
Old 05-25-2005, 11:36 AM   #23
Greatness

utexas's Arena

Roy Williams was actually on the news this morning (Channel 4 for the Metroplex) talking about his foundation. You could tell he was annoyed by the ruling and he made the vaid point that when you are trying to tackle a guy, you grab whatever you can hold on to. He said if a guy is going to beat you to a spot you got to get him down. ESPN actually showed like 30-45 secs of other players making tackles like this other than Roy. It is very common and I expect you will see the avg yd per catch to increase across the league. Safeties will be hurt the hardest by this ruling because of the angles in which they have to pursue.
Old 05-25-2005, 11:36 AM   #24
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

The ESPN story contains the following quote:
Quote:
In each of the four cases in which players were injured by Williams, the competition committee determined the Dallas safety had ignored the opportunity to make a more conventional tackle.
Here's the play on which TO got hurt:

Is the league suggesting that RW should have tried to arm tackle Owens?!! Or that he should have dove at his feet, and hoped he didn't miss?!! If Williams doesn't get TO down, he turns the corner and uses the block being thrown by the other wr (G. Lewis?) to go down the sideline. How anybody can fault RW on this play is just beyond me.

WTF?

Last edited by coogrfan; 05-25-2005 at 11:41 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »