Home

The eagles are back.....

This is a discussion on The eagles are back..... within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-12-2006, 09:36 AM   #9
All Star

OVR: 20
Re: The eagles are back.....

He makes some great points. "The NFC is trash." "They are obviously the best team in the NFC." "D-line is best in the league...only better d-line is the Falcons."
Old 09-12-2006, 09:38 AM   #10
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by EWRMETS
He makes some great points. "The NFC is trash." "They are obviously the best team in the NFC." "D-line is best in the league...only better d-line is the Falcons."
Good stuff.
Old 09-12-2006, 10:17 AM   #11
The OS Artist Guy

NYG_Meth's Arena

OVR: 24

There is a lot on the line this coming weekend with the Giants/Eagles game. I agree the Giants NEED this game to get some confidence back and better their standing in the east, and I also think it's extremely important to win in Seattle the following week going into the bye week. In my opinion, the Eagles will present a greater challenge than the Seahawks, and hopefully, if we pull off the win in Philly this weekend, we'll go into Seattle in week 3 thinking we're there to deal with unfinished business from last year's Feely debacle. This Eagles game definitely does make me nervous though.

WebsiteFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2006, 10:22 AM   #12
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

This thread is a fallacy

1) The Eagles beat the Texans. A team that is in a rebuilding phase, heck they're still in a building phase as they're rebuilding from scratch basically. Let's wait til the Eagles beat a team with a better track record mmkay?

2) The NFC East is the toughest division in football. All the NFC East teams looked a little shaky to a point over the weekend and that includes your beloved Eagles as they didn't get in gear til the 2nd half. It's going to be a dogfight out there this year.

3) The NFC may be slightly weaker then the AFC BUT I do see the gap starting to close and we could see an NFC SB champion as early as this year.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 09-12-2006, 10:48 AM   #13
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
This thread is a fallacy

1) The Eagles beat the Texans. A team that is in a rebuilding phase, heck they're still in a building phase as they're rebuilding from scratch basically. Let's wait til the Eagles beat a team with a better track record mmkay?

2) The NFC East is the toughest division in football. All the NFC East teams looked a little shaky to a point over the weekend and that includes your beloved Eagles as they didn't get in gear til the 2nd half. It's going to be a dogfight out there this year.

3) The NFC may be slightly weaker then the AFC BUT I do see the gap starting to close and we could see an NFC SB champion as early as this year.
No kidding.

But one thing that the Eagles have going for them and one thing he didn't even mention is that McNabb/Westbrook is the best QB/RB combo in the league. If those guys get going, than I don't think very many teams can stop them.
Old 09-12-2006, 10:52 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
I am interested to see how they will do against the Giants this week. Especially without Lito Sheppard.
Some NFL people believe Hood is a better cornerback than Sheppard, who went to the Pro Bowl two years ago. Hood certainly has a lot of confidence and some impressive work to back it up.

According to Pro Football Prospectus 2006, Hood was the third-best cornerback in the NFL last season at stopping pass plays that were targeted in his direction. Teammate Sheldon Brown ranked fourth and Sheppard was 79th. The same publication listed Hood as allowing the fewest amount of yards on passes thrown his way, with a 4.9-yard average. Sheppard ranked 81st in the league with a 10.4-yard average.

http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/spo...hilly_football

Long as the 8 man D line plays well the secondary will be OK
Old 09-12-2006, 11:17 AM   #15
Bl*bfl*th z*p!

fossen's Arena

OVR: 28

Damn Eagles fans ... only fans actually dumber than Boys and Skins fans. And that's saying something.

First off ... it's the flippin' Texans. They are awful.

Second - the Giants need this game. I know it's early for "must win", but this is close. Otherwise, they would easily be looking at an 0-3 start. In a tought early schedule, this is a winnable game for them and they need to get it. I'm picking Giants in a squeaker, 23-21

Yes - the Eagles sit on top of the NFC East, but let's not get idiotic. I think the Eagles will contend for the division, and are a good shot at a wildcard. But they are far from dominant.
Old 09-12-2006, 12:18 PM   #16
Tebow is Chuck Norris

OVR: 18

I will say this, Texas is a much much much better team that they have been previously. However this is only week 1 and IF the Eagles keep playing this way by week 6 I will agree with you that they are back.

Too early to say who's who this year, I remember the Broncos getting blasted in week 1 by the Fins last year and everyone spelling doom for them, they ended up hosting the AFC championship game. Week 1 is a very very hard to read week (albiet this year with my team I do not think they will get to the AFC Championship with Plummer).

Last edited by MaddenMan; 09-12-2006 at 12:30 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »