Home

The eagles are back.....

This is a discussion on The eagles are back..... within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2006, 12:21 PM   #17
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: The eagles are back.....

It get's interesting in the NFC East this weekend.
Old 09-12-2006, 01:10 PM   #18
Older

luv_mist's Arena

OVR: 33

I think Dallas might do their thing and New York will come on top. We'll see how it goes. I don't normally get into football but man this week is a good week. Lot of division play. JUICY!!
Old 09-12-2006, 01:38 PM   #19
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond
Yes ladies and gentleman the EAGLES are back. With all the other NFC east teams losing they are now the division leaders and will not relinquish that title. They are obviously better than any team in the NFC east as well as the NFC. The NFC is just trash plain and simple and i can not see anybody taking out the eagles now that they have a goto guy. There offense will be dynamic once again because you cannot cue on any one player on offense. On defense they are solid the d-line is tops in the league only better d-line is falcons. All i have to say is watch out cuz they are back. last year was a fluke. No team no matter what can do anything when damn near all your pro bowlers are on the ir by midseason. E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!!!
Well, let's cancel the regular season and start up the playoffs then!

AFC

Division Winners

Pats (Undefeated in division)
Colts (More points scored than Jags)
Steelers (More points, although they tied w/ Bengals in AFC wins)
Chargers (The only undefeated team in their division, nuff said)

Get out the calculators and find out the 2 other playoff teams.

Jets
Ravens
Bengals
Jags

NFC

Division Winners

Eagles (Obviously)
Bears (Undefeated in division)
Atlanta (Undefeated in division)
Cards (Undefeated in division)

Get out the calculators and find out the 2 other playoff teams.

Vikes
Saints
Hawks
Rams

In an amazing season, 16 teams tied the NFL record w/ an undefeated season, it will never happen again.
Follow me on Twitter
Old 09-12-2006, 02:02 PM   #20
It's about that time

greenegt's Arena

OVR: 16

Yep, big weekend for the NFC East. My Giants really do need to win this one, since their schedule is so hellacious this year. McNabb looked good against Houston, but the Giants pass rush will be much more formidable. I expect a typical, close, battle with the Giants pulling out the win.

PSN: OGMeanGreene

Twitter: @greenegt
Old 09-12-2006, 02:03 PM   #21
Banned

Jon22's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Yes ladies and gentleman the EAGLES are back. With all the other NFC east teams losing they are now the division leaders and will not relinquish that title. They are obviously better than any team in the NFC east as well as the NFC. The NFC is just trash plain and simple and i can not see anybody taking out the eagles now that they have a goto guy. There offense will be dynamic once again because you cannot cue on any one player on offense. On defense they are solid the d-line is tops in the league only better d-line is falcons. All i have to say is watch out cuz they are back. last year was a fluke. No team no matter what can do anything when damn near all your pro bowlers are on the ir by midseason. E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!!!
No, The Houston Texans are back lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2006, 04:47 PM   #22
MVP

cable guy's Arena

OVR: 12

Things will be a little clearer in the East after week 2.
Old 09-12-2006, 05:11 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Good Lord dude. You probably booed McNabb at the draft.

It was only the Texans, lets relax.
Old 09-12-2006, 05:23 PM   #24
P2K
Banned

OVR: 34

What a wacky-made thread. I don't normally hear of Eagles fan going off like this.

Despite the first post, I do think the Eagles will win the division again. Reasons why?

1. The Eagles have the best QB in the division and in my opinion, the entire conference.

2. The NFC East is not that tough. Don't let ESPN and all the talking heads fool you. Dallas doesn't have a quarterback, their running game isn't all that and their secondary still doesn't impress that much. The Giants still have an inaccurate QB, despite the weapons around him. And everything behind the defensive front four is suspect. And Washington...well, you saw last night.

3. Adding to point #2, The Eagles offense isn't awesome, but it is very compentant. Only Andy Reid slows it down with his playcalling. It looks like they will run the ball more, which can only benefit McNabb and the passing game. And the Eagles may have the best offensive AND defensive lines in the NFL. Good players all around and lots of depth. 10 deep on each side. That's damn good. You can't mess with that. I just think the Eagles have alot less holes on their team than the rest of the NFC East.

Now this is not saying they will win it all, much less the division. But I think with what the Eagles have, the oppurtunity is there for them to get back on top of the NFC.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »