Home

Bills TE Kevin Everett likely paralyzed

This is a discussion on Bills TE Kevin Everett likely paralyzed within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2007, 07:37 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 8
Bills TE Kevin Everett likely paralyzed

I know this is being discussed in the Broncos/Bills thread, but I believe this warrants its own thread. This is very, very shocking. We can only hope for the best for Kevin and his family.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3012739
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2007, 07:42 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Bills TE Kevin Everett likely paralyzed

Terrible news. Here's hoping for the best.
Old 09-10-2007, 07:46 PM   #3
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21

The injuries could be fatal. I hope he can lead a long and fulfilling life, even if it is in a wheel chair.
Old 09-10-2007, 08:28 PM   #4
MVP

xrams's Arena

OVR: 12

this is soo sad... I pray for him and his family... This is the main reason I was never any good a football.. I was too afraid of this kind of injury... and you can't play this game scared...

PS... this is why I don't appreciate folks that say these dudes get paid too much.... you can't be paid enough for taking this type of risk every time you step on the field... they don't get paid enough...!!!!!

Old 09-10-2007, 08:31 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 14

They get paid more than enough. Guys get paralyzed in factories more often than an NFL player gets paralyzed.

Everyone in the NFL knows this type of risk, their reward is worth it to them. The violence is what makes this game appealing, modern day gladiators.

I truly feel bad for the guy and hope he recovers enough to have a decent life. But honestly, watching that play, it was his fault that this happened. You are taught from pop warner up not to lead with your head, you lead with your shoulder or face. The guy lowered his head and speared at the guy.

Totally preventable injury that just sucks all around. Like I said though, I hope he recovers enough to live a decent life.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2007, 08:33 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrams
this is soo sad... I pray for him and his family... This is the main reason I was never any good a football.. I was too afraid of this kind of injury... and you can't play this game scared...

PS... this is why I don't appreciate folks that say these dudes get paid too much.... you can't be paid enough for taking this type of risk every time you step on the field... they don't get paid enough...!!!!!

Come on now, Firemen and Police put their bodies in more danger every day. While I agree this sad, let's at lease keep it in perspective. I hope he make it though this. I am really surprise it doesn't happen more.
Old 09-10-2007, 08:48 PM   #7
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXperiment63
They get paid more than enough. Guys get paralyzed in factories more often than an NFL player gets paralyzed.

Everyone in the NFL knows this type of risk, their reward is worth it to them. The violence is what makes this game appealing, modern day gladiators.

I truly feel bad for the guy and hope he recovers enough to have a decent life. But honestly, watching that play, it was his fault that this happened. You are taught from pop warner up not to lead with your head, you lead with your shoulder or face. The guy lowered his head and speared at the guy.

Totally preventable injury that just sucks all around. Like I said though, I hope he recovers enough to live a decent life.
Have you played the game at a high level? Players make that kind of hit all the time and I myself have been in a few "close calls". This is college, I can't imagine how it is in the NFL. Never do you expect something like this to happen. This is really tragic.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Old 09-10-2007, 08:51 PM   #8
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

I really hope he regains his life in some form. Absolutely tragic.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »