Home

Will Brady and Manning both go down as Top 5 QB's of all-time?

This is a discussion on Will Brady and Manning both go down as Top 5 QB's of all-time? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-22-2007, 03:08 PM   #73
Im The Baby/Gotta Love Me

elicoleman's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Will Brady and Manning both go down as Top 5 QB's of all-time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by #85_on_a_mission
Exactly...

Brady has 12+ Tds when up by 17 or more in the fourth quarter and when the game is obviously over.
Brady only has 8 TDs in the 4th quarter, two of which came in the comeback against the Colts.

25 of his 38 TD passes have come in the first half. Last I checked, that's not garbage time touchdowns.
What I'm Currently Listening To
Old 11-22-2007, 03:15 PM   #74
Pro

OVR: 0

http://www.nfl.com/players/tombrady/...s?id=BRA371156

Wow...26 Tds in the opp 20.
There is NOTHING HUMANLY POSSIBLE that YOU can do to STOP ME.That is WHY they call ME UNCOVERABLE #85
Old 11-22-2007, 05:19 PM   #75
MVP

OVR: 14

Your point? 60-70% of ANY QB's TDs are going to come within those yards.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2007, 05:27 PM   #76
Pro

Yds? we are talking TDs.
There is NOTHING HUMANLY POSSIBLE that YOU can do to STOP ME.That is WHY they call ME UNCOVERABLE #85
Old 11-22-2007, 05:57 PM   #77
MVP

OVR: 14

Learn to read.

I only mentioned yards as in within the 20....
Old 11-22-2007, 07:20 PM   #78
Banned

OVR: 13

There were a lot of things that Elway could do that neither of these guys can do. Theyll probably be top 5 though. Not sure where though. Its a little early to commit to this and discussions like this should probably be had a few years after both players are done playing. Such discussions while the a player is playing lends itself to extreme bias.
Old 11-24-2007, 10:01 PM   #79
Pro

rdawsoniii's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBrushTWood
Who cares if he was the QB of those terrible teams? He never has been, and never will be a QB from them. Saying he would suck on a bad team makes no sense. Every quarterback would suck on a bad team. What point are you trying to make? He's not the greatest because he would be bad on a terrible team? Nobody would be good on a bad team. You are setting the bar impossibly high to clear; it's just laughable to watch.

The guy doesn't need to do anymore to prove he's one of, if not the, greatest ever.
One other thing: he is not a product of the system he plays in. This an absurd comment, and clearly demonstrates no knowledge of the Patriots. In his first year as a starter, Brady was a dink and duck QB, dumping off short passes, screens, etc.
Then he grew into more of a deep thrower, mixing in a lot of trick plays as the offense expanded. Last year he had to adapt once again, and they started running the ball more because his receivers were just learning.
Now he is doing literally everything.

Bottom line: the "system" changes every year to fit the players in uniform. So yes, technically, you are right, Brady is a system quarterback. The only part you failed to mention is the system is the "do what it takes to win" system.

So....what is your criteria for a great QB? You automatically disqualify any QB of a bad team because you say "nobody would be good on a bad team." That means only QB's on championship teams should be considered among the best. In that case, Trent Dilfer should rank right up there. If, as you agree, Brady would suck on a bad team, how can he possibly be considered a great QB?

Bart Starr won 5 NFL championships....that makes him the greatest QB ever. There....argument settled.
Old 11-25-2007, 02:24 PM   #80
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdawsoniii
So....what is your criteria for a great QB? You automatically disqualify any QB of a bad team because you say "nobody would be good on a bad team." That means only QB's on championship teams should be considered among the best. In that case, Trent Dilfer should rank right up there. If, as you agree, Brady would suck on a bad team, how can he possibly be considered a great QB?

Bart Starr won 5 NFL championships....that makes him the greatest QB ever. There....argument settled.
Good post

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »