Home

Steelers @ Jets

This is a discussion on Steelers @ Jets within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-19-2007, 12:04 PM   #49
Hall Of Fame

mjb2124's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Steelers @ Jets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freelance
The Patriots will go undefeated. After watching a good portion of this game on Tivo, the Steelers will lose in New England by 30+ no doubt. I thought NE would trip up on that game, but nope.
This game was a terrible game to judge the Steelers on. They are a much better team than they showed...especially at home.

With that said, I've always felt NE would beat Pittsburgh. I don't think there's a team in the league that can beat NE right now.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:16 PM   #50
UGH, next year

cjonesfan921's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb2124
This game was a terrible game to judge the Steelers on. They are a much better team than they showed...especially at home.

With that said, I've always felt NE would beat Pittsburgh. I don't think there's a team in the league that can beat NE right now.
This guy disagrees........

Old 11-19-2007, 01:29 PM   #51
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjonesfan921

Dallas had their shot...but lost 48-27.
Do you really think Dallas has the defense to stop them? I don't see that one happening.
Dallas had a struggle on their hands against Washington yesterday...and the Patriots are 10x the team Washington is.

Any hopes of Pittsburgh (as small as they were) beating N.E are but a fond memory. The only HOPE I have,is that for the most part Pitt usually plays N.E pretty tough......remember Pitt ended N.E's win streak a couple of years ago.
With that being said though.....Pitt is so inconsistent this year,I don't even have any faith that they will beat Miami.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2007, 01:57 PM   #52
Hall Of Fame

mjb2124's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjonesfan921

I'm sure he does, but he'd be wrong.
Old 11-19-2007, 02:01 PM   #53
Banned

OVR: 47

Pitts choke, but it happens. I still think they might beat the Pats.
Old 11-19-2007, 03:53 PM   #54
Banned

Freelance's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
Dallas had their shot...but lost 48-27.
Do you really think Dallas has the defense to stop them? I don't see that one happening.
Dallas had a struggle on their hands against Washington yesterday...and the Patriots are 10x the team Washington is.

Any hopes of Pittsburgh (as small as they were) beating N.E are but a fond memory. The only HOPE I have,is that for the most part Pitt usually plays N.E pretty tough......remember Pitt ended N.E's win streak a couple of years ago.
With that being said though.....Pitt is so inconsistent this year,I don't even have any faith that they will beat Miami.
Dallas was beating NE, 24-20, late in the third quarter. I'd like to see them get a second chance.

I honestly think Dallas is the only team that has a chance to score WITH New England. But it's going to take a heck of an effort to beat the Patriots this year.
Old 11-19-2007, 03:56 PM   #55
Banned

Freelance's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb2124

Actually, I don't see it as a fluke. This wasn't a matter of a couple of big plays by the Jets.

NY sacked Ben 7 times! And the Jets pounded Pittsburgh on the ground. That is physically beating an opponent, not lucking out on a couple of trick plays.

This game, as well as the Arizona game, showed the serious flaws with the Steelers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2007, 05:18 PM   #56
Hall Of Fame

mjb2124's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freelance
Actually, I don't see it as a fluke. This wasn't a matter of a couple of big plays by the Jets.

NY sacked Ben 7 times! And the Jets pounded Pittsburgh on the ground. That is physically beating an opponent, not lucking out on a couple of trick plays.

This game, as well as the Arizona game, showed the serious flaws with the Steelers.
I never said it was a few trick plays or it was a fluke. The Steelers didn't show up yesterday against the Jets and were beaten in OT. I'll readily acknowledge that. IMO, they took the Jets lightly and it showed.

You're judging them off of 1 game (and maybe the Arizona game). What about the other games they played this year where they dismantled other teams? You can't judge a team solely on their losses and dismiss the 7 wins this year (most of which came in dominating fashion). Using that rationale, Dallas might not be as strong as you think they are because they barely beat Buffalo and Washington. The same Bills team that the Steelers dominated 26-3 and put up over 400 yds of total offense (nearly 200 on the ground).

With that said, sure the Steelers have weaknesses - OLINE being one of them. So does every team in the NFL not named the Patriots.

Last edited by mjb2124; 11-19-2007 at 05:25 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »