Home

Sean Taylor Shot

This is a discussion on Sean Taylor Shot within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 02:13 PM   #73
Pro

madscientist's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Sean Taylor Shot

I think some of you guys are misreading what I'm saying. Sean Taylor has a HISTORY of putting himself in bad situations. IF that is what happened with his CURRENT situation, then I have NO REMORSE for him. ESPN is reporting it was a possible home invasion, and if that is what happened, then this is a TRAGEDY.

The point of my previous post is that if you put yourself in bad situations as he and Pac Man Jones have done in the past, it is only a matter of time before something BAD happens.

People can get hurt, maimed, or murdered doing ANYTHING, but when you CONSTANTLY put yourself in bad situations you RAISE the percentages of this happening.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:14 PM   #74
Supporter

SlimKibbles's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Shawn Taylor Shot

Wow...Sean Taylor is one of my all-time favorite Hurricanes. I hope he survives this.
NCAA Football: Miami Hurricanes
NHL: Calgary Flames

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"The wisest men follow their own direction." - Euripides
Old 11-26-2007, 02:17 PM   #75
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by madscientist
I think some of you guys are misreading what I'm saying. Sean Taylor has a HISTORY of putting himself in bad situations. IF that is what happened with his CURRENT situation, then I have NO REMORSE for him. ESPN is reporting it was a possible home invasion, and if that is what happened, then this is a TRAGEDY.

The point of my previous post is that if you put yourself in bad situations as he and Pac Man Jones have done in the past, it is only a matter of time before something BAD happens.

People can get hurt, maimed, or murdered doing ANYTHING, but when you CONSTANTLY put yourself in bad situations you RAISE the percentages of this happening.
I swear people kill me on this board. Dont make Taylor hasnt been a saint but come on. Ive heard of one incident with Taylor where he beat up some guy and brandished a gun when someone stole his SUV. There may have been others that I'm not aware of but he's not Pacman. To compare him to Pacman is ****ing ridiculous. It looks like he was robbed in his home. That has nothing to do with putting yourself in a bad situiation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2007, 02:19 PM   #76
Rookie

OVR: 1

A person may or may not die and you want to be the first one to say "I don't feel bad for him." Congrats, I wish I was as cynical as you are.

Needless to say, my thoughts and prayers are with him and his family and I hope he makes it out.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:20 PM   #77
Hall Of Fame

J0nnD0ugh's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:

Agreed. No one has lamented more than me people rising out of "da hood" only to bring "da hood" w/them.

Be that as it may, its still a tragedy. You seem to have the idea its just desserts. Dale Earnhart put himself in danger driving race cars & got killed. By your definition you don't think its a tragedy. Pat Tillman put himself in danger joining the military. Is his death not a tragedy?

You saw the light & got out of a bad situation. If you had been shot before you took the opportunity, would that not be a tragedy? If Sean's lifestyle got him shot, isn't it a tragedy that he never made a change before he was attacked?
-August 17, 1960
Thanks, dookies!
Old 11-26-2007, 02:25 PM   #78
P2K
Banned

OVR: 34

Quote:

Understood.

But it would be wise to let the details come out first on this before we look at him in that light. I mean, his life is on the line.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:26 PM   #79
Pro

madscientist's Arena

OVR: 5

It looks like he was robbed in his home. That has nothing to do with putting yourself in a bad situiation.

Seriously you guys need to understand the power of words like "IF." I REPEAT, IF Sean Taylor did NOTHING but come home and get robbed, then this is a TRAGEDY. We still only have RUMORS as to what could POSSIBLY have happened. WE do not know for sure what happened yet.

Sean Taylor is very comparable to Pac Man, because I have no doubt that if his past indiscretions had happened on Roger Goodell's watch he would have been suspended for at least a couple of games.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:33 PM   #80
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:
Sean Taylor is very comparable to Pac Man, because I have no doubt that if his past indiscretions had happened on Roger Goodell's watch he would have been suspended for at least a couple of games.
Sean Taylor's major transgression was putting a hurting on 2 guys who stole what I believe was an SUV with 2 $10,000 ATVs on a trailer or something like that.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »