Home

16-0? Patriots @ Giants

This is a discussion on 16-0? Patriots @ Giants within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-27-2007, 03:06 PM   #49
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: 16-0? Patriots @ Giants

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
Having the game simulcasted on CBS and NBC basically means Coughlin will HAVE TO use his starters rather then rest them. I mean this game is going to get the biggest rating in NFL history. It would make the Giants organization look really bad to rest their starters and basically give victory to the Pats.
If I am Coughlin I don’t cave in. He has playoff game to worry about next week. While it would be big if they upset the Pats, I am sure they have the bigger picture in mind.fficeffice" />>>
Old 12-27-2007, 09:36 PM   #50
Rookie

Lerxt's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by EWRMETS
You think a non-football fan cares about Peyton Manning's touchdown mark or Jerry Rice's touchdown receptions mark (done in 12 games by the way).
The Randy Moss TD record is a joke... Jerry Rice did it 12, 12 games!!!!

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Peyton Manning set his TD mark in 15 games? If I remember correctly, he did not play in the last week of the seaon so he could be rested for the playoffs...

All the other records are pretty insane though. It would be cool to say that I root for a team that went 16-0. I don't even NEED them to win the SB to make it mean something. They've won their share of SBs lately. That doesn't mean I don't want the SB, hell yeah I do. But, IF they go 16-0, that is special enough for me to remember for the rest of my life. I mean, considering the fact that they were the laughing stock of the league for 20 years before the mid 90's, this is pretty effn sweet! I just hope they don't blow it.
Old 12-27-2007, 11:08 PM   #51
MVP

ComfortablyLomb's Arena

OVR: 27

Starters, no starters. If I were a Giants fan I would be pissed if my teams starters were getting worn down in a meaningless game the week before a playoff game. Even moreso if the Pats were to win anyway. It's like the Colts thing this week. The Browns owed it to themselves to not put themselves in a situation where they need another team to do their job for them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2007, 11:59 PM   #52
Get Ducked Up!

oakfan162's Arena

OVR: 17

I say the Giants should play it like the last preseason game. But the first line out for the first drive/first quarter at most. We shall see if Coughlin can swallow his ego and concede. I bet NBC, CBS, and the NFLN all want the starters to play the whole game. lol.
Warriors
49ers
Old 12-28-2007, 01:45 AM   #53
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

TC will most likely only rest the players who already are hurt going into the game. If someone gets hurt, they will curse TC for playing them. If TC rests everyone and they get beat by the Bucs, they will curse TC for not playing them and staying sharp. He should atleast play them for the 1st half.
Old 12-28-2007, 03:17 AM   #54
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_rushing
TC will most likely only rest the players who already are hurt going into the game. If someone gets hurt, they will curse TC for playing them. If TC rests everyone and they get beat by the Bucs, they will curse TC for not playing them and staying sharp. He should atleast play them for the 1st half.
A report from ESPN says that the starters are going to play, and Burress requested that he be able to play on saturday. For how long, nobody knows, but they are playing.

Old 12-28-2007, 09:32 AM   #55
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lerxt
The Randy Moss TD record is a joke... Jerry Rice did it 12, 12 games!!!!

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Peyton Manning set his TD mark in 15 games? If I remember correctly, he did not play in the last week of the seaon so he could be rested for the playoffs...

All the other records are pretty insane though. It would be cool to say that I root for a team that went 16-0. I don't even NEED them to win the SB to make it mean something. They've won their share of SBs lately. That doesn't mean I don't want the SB, hell yeah I do. But, IF they go 16-0, that is special enough for me to remember for the rest of my life. I mean, considering the fact that they were the laughing stock of the league for 20 years before the mid 90's, this is pretty effn sweet! I just hope they don't blow it.
Not so fast my friend. Rice got his td record in a strike year, that should be noted. And Peyton plays in a dome, Brady had to play a freaking game in a noreaster (jets) and quite a few games outside in the elements here of late, which is why many nfl analysts believed he would not break the record to begin with.

I am inclined to believe that 16-0 is a great accomplishment and is quite an insane thing to do in this modern era of football. When you look at the teams they played (the best in the league except the Packers and Jags) they definitely deserve the praise if they beat my Giants. If they don't when the SB it would in no way diminish a 16-0 regular season, that is a record that can never be broken only tied (unless they increase the regular season schedule). They already have 3 rings and it would be a beautiful thing for them to get 4, but if they don't, this season was a thing to behold because of all that they have accomplished. If they win the SB they would be the greatest team ever, it would be difficult to argue against it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2007, 09:36 AM   #56
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaStar
Not so fast my friend. Rice got his td record in a strike year, that should be noted. .
That should be noted because if he had a 16 game schedule Moss would still be way out of reach to break it. It doesn't matter the Rice got that record in a strike year, it's not like he played against scabs.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »