Home

Greatest Team Ever

This is a discussion on Greatest Team Ever within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-23-2008, 03:44 PM   #65
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: Greatest Team Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
I don't disagree. For a Sal Cap era team Pats have beaten a brutal schedule worth of teams.

Are you old enough to have really watched that 85 Chicago team or the 94 Niners team, or the 89 Niners, or 93 Cowboys or the 78 Steelers team?

I assume you are a Pats fan, do you truly believe this Pats team to be on par with those teams?
Yes, I am old enough, and yes, I am a Pats fan. That Bears team kicked the crap out of the Pats in the Super Bowl, so I know first hand how great they were. The "Super Bowl Shuffle," by the way, is classic.

I do think the Pats are on par with each of those teams, though were they to play the Pats, they would scare the hell out of me. People have been able to contain Moss by double teaming him. They double-teamed Rice and...well, let's just say there was no containing that man in his prime. The fact is, as I said in the post above, there are reasons any of these teams can be picked. And even though I would pick the Pats to win, that would only be without about 20% certainty, given how good these other teams are. And even if they were to play each other, there's no guaranteeing that the best team would come out victorious. Like they say, "On any given Sunday..."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2008, 03:46 PM   #66
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
The Pats Corners are great?
I may be overrating them as a Pats fan, but they have been fantastic against the pass all year and Samuel is one of the best corners in the league. Stopping the run, however, has been a different story.
Old 01-23-2008, 03:48 PM   #67
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsnomar05
I may be overrating them as a Pats fan, but they have been fantastic against the pass all year and Samuel is one of the best corners in the league. Stopping the run, however, has been a different story.
I think their team defense is great.

Purely my opinion. I think Samuel gets by on reputation ala Sam Madison in the 90's. I think he's grossly overrated. I think Ellis Hobbs would start for few teams in the league. I think he fits the Pats scheme, but I don't think he's a very good player. He's the Larry Brown of the Pats (For Cowboy fans out there )

That being said, while they've given up some yards, the Pats do play a fabulous brand of team defense, and they really don't give up a lot of points, as we've seen from this past Sunday.
Old 01-23-2008, 03:55 PM   #68
MVP

OVR: 12

Hard to pick just one. Here's my list for consideration.

1976 Oakland Raiders
1978 Pittsburgh Steelers
1985 Chicago Bears
1992 Dallas Cowboys
1994 San Fransisco 49ers
1996 Green bay Packers Lead the league in offense and defense
2007 New England Patriots (if they lose the SB, they won't belong here)
Old 01-23-2008, 03:56 PM   #69
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelverin
Hard to pick just one. Here's my list for consideration.

1976 Oakland Raiders
1978 Pittsburgh Steelers
1985 Chicago Bears
1992 Dallas Cowboys
1994 San Fransisco 49ers
1996 Green bay Packers Lead the league in offense and defense
2007 New England Patriots (if they lose the SB, they won't belong here)
The funny thing is were it not for the Steelers, Madden's Raiders might have had a dynasty. Stabler to Freddie was deadly.
Old 01-23-2008, 03:58 PM   #70
MVP

OVR: 14

What I don't get is how people can say the Pats D isn't that good. They were what? 4th in points allowed per game? I don't give two ****s how many yards a team's defense gives up, points are the only things that matter. The Pats redzone defense after the 5th or 6th game has been absolutely ridiculous. You can march all you want, but you're walking away with 3.

I'm not going to get into the whole debate over best ever, because my choice is obvious. But to say they have a weak defense, or even a mediocre one, is ********.

And to the person who said the Pats corners are great... You're wrong buddy.

Samuel, he is obviously one of the best in the game, though he has been exposed a little these past couple weeks. Hobbs is... Well he's Hobbs. A young guy with tons of potential, but just doesn't get physical enough. Relies too heavily on his speed, which has caused him to be burned quite a few times.
Old 01-23-2008, 04:14 PM   #71
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsnomar05
The funny thing is were it not for the Steelers, Madden's Raiders might have had a dynasty. Stabler to Freddie was deadly.
They were a complete team. Offense/defence/special teams and coaching.

Imagine the receivers today against those corners? I can't either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2008, 04:15 PM   #72
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXperiment63
What I don't get is how people can say the Pats D isn't that good. They were what? 4th in points allowed per game? I don't give two ****s how many yards a team's defense gives up, points are the only things that matter. The Pats redzone defense after the 5th or 6th game has been absolutely ridiculous. You can march all you want, but you're walking away with 3.

I'm not going to get into the whole debate over best ever, because my choice is obvious. But to say they have a weak defense, or even a mediocre one, is ********.

And to the person who said the Pats corners are great... You're wrong buddy.

Samuel, he is obviously one of the best in the game, though he has been exposed a little these past couple weeks. Hobbs is... Well he's Hobbs. A young guy with tons of potential, but just doesn't get physical enough. Relies too heavily on his speed, which has caused him to be burned quite a few times.
I think they play great team, disciplined defense.

I think Samuel is vastly overrated, and I don't think Hobbs is very good at all. The Pats do a nice job of masking their play with a variety of coverages, and their ability to get pressure on the QB from numerous angles and fronts.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »