Home

M. Kelly goes off!!!

This is a discussion on M. Kelly goes off!!! within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-10-2008, 01:02 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 11
M. Kelly goes off!!!

Malcohm Kelly went off on the OU medical staff after his private workout in Norman. He had said that the strength coach refused to change the surface on the track and it was to late to complain and it costed him two-tenths of a second on his forty times. You can go to Newsok.com to listen to him tear into both medical staff and some of the position coaches. He spoke as if they intentionally were trying to affect his draft status because he was not returning to the Ou 2009 team. What do you guys think about these accusations?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2008, 01:03 AM   #2
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: M. Kelly goes off!!!

I think he's just upset he wasn't two tenths of a second faster..
Old 04-10-2008, 01:10 AM   #3
ZB9
Hall Of Fame

ZB9's Arena

OVR: 28

http://oklahoma.rivals.com/video.asp...her&vidid=4040

the worst thing he said was that the OU staff lied to him about the severity of his thigh injury before the bowl game. Kelly said they told him it was a bruise, when it was actually a tear.

this couldnt have been any better if it was written and directed by UT.

Last edited by ZB9; 04-10-2008 at 01:15 AM.
Old 04-10-2008, 02:20 AM   #4
P2K
Banned

OVR: 34

Character issues.
Old 04-10-2008, 11:07 AM   #5
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Off of that ONE incident?(unless there are other similar incidents that we dont know about)

EDIT: After reading the article I posted, I guess maybe he might have some character issues after all.

Last edited by ProfessaPackMan; 04-10-2008 at 01:16 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2008, 01:14 PM   #6
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

KELLY CRITICIZES OU AFTER PRO DAY MISHAP

Posted by Mike Florio on April 9, 2008, 11:18 p.m.
Oklahoma receiver Malcolm Kelly ran a slower-than-expected time in the 40-yard dash during his Pro Day workout on Wednesday. And he’s now blowing more wind into that red flag by not taking responsibility for his so-so results.
According to the Associated Press, Kelly blamed the school for his performance, claiming that there was an unexpected change in the surface on which he ran.
“This is my life. You know what I’m saying? This ain’t no school. This ain’t no classroom. This ain’t got nothing to do with that,” Kelly said. “This has to do with me; my family. This is what I do. I play football. And I’m supposed to come out here and run as fast as I can.”
Kelly says that he’d arranged to run on an Astroturf infield at the school’s indoor track facility. Instead, he ran on FieldTurf at the Sooners’ indoor football facility.
“I already had everything set up for where I want to do it at,” Kelly said. “I get out here and it’s a whole different deal.
“People want to say surface is surface, but it’s a lot more to it than that. You have to think about how much ground time you have running on this mushy surface here and how much ground time you have on Astroturf.”
Fine, Malcolm. But what you’re missing here is that the scouts are aware of this, and so they add time when the surface is believed to be too fast. Besides, given that no NFL games are played on Astroturf and many are played on FieldTurf, it makes much more sense for prospects to run on the current generation of plastic grass.
Kelly didn’t run the 40 at the Scouting Combine, due to a lingering quad injury. The surface at the RCA Dome is FieldTurf.
As to the quad injury, Kelly also criticized the Oklahoma medical staff for not accurately diagnosing the injury.
In our view, Kelly’s childish effort to push the blame for his performance to the school that invested plenty of time and money into him isn’t the best way to persuade an NFL team to invest even more time and money. Because if/when things don’t go well for Kelly at the next level, it’s safe to say he’ll be looking to point the finger for his failures and/or frustrations at the team.
Old 04-10-2008, 05:56 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 32

He needed to keep his mouth closed.
Old 04-10-2008, 06:45 PM   #8
Supporter

SlimKibbles's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by P2K
Character issues.
According to the Cincy Enquirer, wouldn't you know it, Bob Bratkowski, the Bengals OC, was among those watching him work out.
NCAA Football: Miami Hurricanes
NHL: Calgary Flames

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"The wisest men follow their own direction." - Euripides

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »