Home

who's got the best arm?

This is a discussion on who's got the best arm? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-17-2008, 01:26 PM   #1
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21
who's got the best arm?

I've always liked the long bomb, who doesnt?

but the players with the best arms aren't always the best. Brett Favre in his prime I know could throw the ball about 70+ yards in the air.
I've also been impressed with Byron Leftwich's arm, his passes seem to hard to catch sometimes.
Peyton Manning has a great arm, but probably isn't in the top 3 or 4 for the league.
I'd like the nfl to have more contests during the probowl week like this to know for sure.

Does anyone know who could probably throw it the furthest right now?

And since I became a fan in 2000 I'd like to know about any standout's from the past (all i have to go on is all-pro's 'rocket arm'). in the game marino has a rocket arm, and so does elway and moon, but were they all actually about the same?

to me it's facisnating since it's not something you can train, at least to another 'level'. for example the jays (baseball) had a pitcher for a while Kotch i believe that could throw a 105mph fastball, I'm sure you could train to throw a ball maybe 10 yards more if you can throw 40 in the air, but you can't go from 40 to 70 imo...anyway just wondering
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2008, 01:35 PM   #2
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: who's got the best arm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
I've always liked the long bomb, who doesnt?

but the players with the best arms aren't always the best. Brett Favre in his prime I know could throw the ball about 70+ yards in the air.
I've also been impressed with Byron Leftwich's arm, his passes seem to hard to catch sometimes.
Peyton Manning has a great arm, but probably isn't in the top 3 or 4 for the league.
I'd like the nfl to have more contests during the probowl week like this to know for sure.

Does anyone know who could probably throw it the furthest right now?

And since I became a fan in 2000 I'd like to know about any standout's from the past (all i have to go on is all-pro's 'rocket arm'). in the game marino has a rocket arm, and so does elway and moon, but were they all actually about the same?

to me it's facisnating since it's not something you can train, at least to another 'level'. for example the jays (baseball) had a pitcher for a while Kotch i believe that could throw a 105mph fastball, I'm sure you could train to throw a ball maybe 10 yards more if you can throw 40 in the air, but you can't go from 40 to 70 imo...anyway just wondering
John Elway had by far the strongest arm I have ever seen. Never has a player been able to throw a deep out across his body from the far hashmark before. Elway did it with ease and frequently.
Old 05-17-2008, 01:48 PM   #3
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

^ interesting... so who would you go with today?

I've been thinking about it and it's tough to come up with a name...I said before manning might not be top 4, but now I'm thinking he is..at least for starting qb's.

McNabb
Manning
Brees
Leftwich
Palmer or Bulger? I wouldn't say brady after last season, I think we saw him throw as hard as he could a number of times and wouldn't be in the top 5,6,7 imo.
Old 05-17-2008, 01:53 PM   #4
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:

I've been thinking about it and it's tough to come up with a name...I said before manning might not be top 4, but now I'm thinking he is..at least for starting qb's.

McNabb
Manning
Brees
Leftwich
Palmer or Bulger? I wouldn't say brady after last season, I think we saw him throw as hard as he could a number of times and wouldn't be in the top 5,6,7 imo.
Pure arm strength? With Favre gone and Vick in the slammer, that's a good question.

I think Carson Palmer probably throws the best deep ball, and Jay Cutler or David Garrard probably get the most velocity on their fastball.
Old 05-17-2008, 01:56 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:

McNabb
Manning
Brees
Leftwich
Wait, I thought Drew Brees had a little sissy arm after all those injuries? I know it isn't Chad Pennington bad, but it isn't an awesome arm.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2008, 01:58 PM   #6
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The C
Wait, I thought Drew Brees had a little sissy arm after all those injuries? I know it isn't Chad Pennington bad, but it isn't an awesome arm.
Brees has never had a cannon. He's got pretty average arm strength. He actually throws with a little more velocity post injury.
Old 05-17-2008, 02:10 PM   #7
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:

McNabb
Manning
Brees
Leftwich
Are you talking about arm strength? If you are then Drew Brees doesn't compare with those other guys but he throws a beautiful deep ball.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 05-17-2008, 02:11 PM   #8
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by The C
I don't think anyone compares to Chad Pennington in a weakest arm contest. My mom could throw farther than him.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »