Home

AFC Playoff Teams

This is a discussion on AFC Playoff Teams within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2008, 01:34 PM   #57
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: AFC Playoff Teams

Anything's possible. I never think using last year's record to make predictions is a good idea though. Schedule's change, teams change, teams had injuries, were playing for different things at different points, etc. I personally would be completely shocked if the Titans won the division, but of course it's possible.
Old 07-31-2008, 08:39 PM   #58
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

I'm just using last year to show what's possible. They did what they did with an offense that almost can't get any worse (slight exaggeration, thanks Art Shell and Tom Walsh!). It isn't that hard to imagine the Titans going a few steps further, and the Colts just a few steps back, for it to happen. All I'm saying is the AFC South is not a 2 team race. If you consider the Jags to be in contention, then there is every reason the Titans are in contention too - the gap between the two is no where near large enough to facilitate two different goals in the division.

I'd be pretty shocked too, but I'd be shocked if the Jaguars won, because I'd be more shocked at the fact the Colts would have to likely drop off a bit for it to happen. I wouldn't be shocked to see the Titans have a great year, I'm not sure why anyone would be, by all accounts they are a young team on the rise.

Last edited by Nza; 07-31-2008 at 08:42 PM.
Old 08-01-2008, 08:33 AM   #59
It is now the SW Era

muggins's Arena

OVR: 25

I don't see either the Titans or Ravens making it. Both have a much higher strength of schedule (.547 and .551) than either the Bills (.449) or Broncos (.445). This is before you even take into account any weaknesses they have on the field.

BAD BOYS BAD BOYS
Old 08-01-2008, 09:46 AM   #60
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

I wouldn't personally base any prediction on SOS from last season. It isn't a very trustworthy method as a lot can change in one year.
Old 08-01-2008, 09:52 AM   #61
It is now the SW Era

muggins's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
I wouldn't personally base any prediction on SOS from last season. It isn't a very trustworthy method as a lot can change in one year.
Like I said, this is before you even take into account the other weaknesses the teams have on the field.

BAD BOYS BAD BOYS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2008, 04:41 PM   #62
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
I'm just using last year to show what's possible. They did what they did with an offense that almost can't get any worse (slight exaggeration, thanks Art Shell and Tom Walsh!). It isn't that hard to imagine the Titans going a few steps further, and the Colts just a few steps back, for it to happen. All I'm saying is the AFC South is not a 2 team race. If you consider the Jags to be in contention, then there is every reason the Titans are in contention too - the gap between the two is no where near large enough to facilitate two different goals in the division.

I'd be pretty shocked too, but I'd be shocked if the Jaguars won, because I'd be more shocked at the fact the Colts would have to likely drop off a bit for it to happen. I wouldn't be shocked to see the Titans have a great year, I'm not sure why anyone would be, by all accounts they are a young team on the rise.
Honestly I don't have much an argument for you. Looking at where the Jags were and how I feel they've improved, I think they can win the division even without the Colts taking much of a step back. I don't feel the same way about the Titans. Not that anything you've said is wrong, just a gut thing I guess. I think they could have a really good season though, I just don't think that equals winning division. I wouldn't put money on my feeling though or anything like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muggins
Like I said, this is before you even take into account the other weaknesses the teams have on the field.
His point still stands though. Teams move up and down the standings like crazy from year to year in the NFL. I'd be curious to look at the SOS of teams coming into 07 (based on 06 records) and then go back and calculate it based on the end of 07. I bet they're pretty different.
Old 08-29-2008, 10:21 AM   #63
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Bump to see if anybody is sticking with this original playoff teams.
Old 08-30-2008, 02:16 PM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 4

Here's my predictions..

AFC West
1. Chargers
2. Raiders (i think these guys might finally be starting to get some talent on their team)
3. Broncos (my gut is telling me that the Broncos aren't gonna do good, that's it)
4. Chiefs

AFC East
1. Patriots (do i really have 2 explain?)
2. Bills (i think they'll surprise a lot of people this season)
3. Jets (i think people are overrating this team now that they have favre)
4. Phins (not a chance..)

AFC North
1. Steelers (i don't really think any of their division rivals are very good this season)
2. Browns (not as good as they played last year)
3. Ravens (they'll suffer from changing QBs so much)
4. Bengals (i'm looking for chemistry issues on offense and nonexistent defense)

AFC South
1. Colts (they'll edge out the jags)
2. Jags
3. Titans (i think vince will be able 2 lead the team even with the lack of talent on offense)
4. Texans

Wildcards: Jags and Bills/Titans

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »