Home

Petition to remove Ed Hochuli and Officiating Crew from future NFL Games

This is a discussion on Petition to remove Ed Hochuli and Officiating Crew from future NFL Games within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 12:26 PM   #33
MVP

Blaze125's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Petition to remove Ed Hochuli and Officiating Crew from future NFL Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
So I guess when you get the wind knocked out of your sails because of a crappy call you can all of a sudden buck up and stop the opponent? Suuuure.

If it were me i'd be so pissed and upset that I would have a hard time being able to fully concentrate on the field. This is a game of emotion you can't just say "oh well, they had the chance to stop it". It doesn't work like that.
In the Lions-Packers game yesterday, Aaron Rodgers clearly stepped out of bounds to get a first down but the ruling stood after being reviewed. On the next play the Lions forced a fumble and recovered it.

All I'm saying is, it's not impossible to recover from a crappy call.
Old 09-15-2008, 02:05 PM   #34
Banned

Freelance's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze125
In the Lions-Packers game yesterday, Aaron Rodgers clearly stepped out of bounds to get a first down but the ruling stood after being reviewed. On the next play the Lions forced a fumble and recovered it.

All I'm saying is, it's not impossible to recover from a crappy call.
That was a first down. We're talking about the key play of the Denver-San Diego game which would have ended it for San Diego.

Big difference. Every game has a crappy call, but not the kind that take clearly take a victory away from a team.
Old 09-15-2008, 02:09 PM   #35
Pro

bucksfan07's Arena

OVR: 20

Isn't Hochuli considered one of the top Nfl refs? One really bad call shouldn't be grounds for firing imo

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2008, 02:39 PM   #36
Hall Of Fame

J0nnD0ugh's Arena

OVR: 27

Firing? No. But getting no consequences besides a red face of embarrassment is just as bad.
-August 17, 1960
Thanks, dookies!
Old 09-15-2008, 02:57 PM   #37
Pro

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freelance
That was a first down. We're talking about the key play of the Denver-San Diego game which would have ended it for San Diego.

Big difference. Every game has a crappy call, but not the kind that take clearly take a victory away from a team.
Every game has a crappy call. That one just happened to happen at the end of the game. That call was no worse than the Lions-Packers game, but unfortunately it happened at a critical part of the game.

But at least Chargers fans have an "excuse" to why they lost, instead of admitting they should've stopped the 4th down and the 2pt.

And to SPTO, if an NFL football player can't recover after a bad call, then they shouldn't be out on the field. That is a large part of this game; bouncing back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCo-LINEBACKER-
Yes, theyre are, healthy people to, not the obese kind.
Old 09-15-2008, 03:05 PM   #38
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohyeahbaby123

And to SPTO, if an NFL football player can't recover after a bad call, then they shouldn't be out on the field. That is a large part of this game; bouncing back.
Obviously, but when it's something like that when you're like "YES! We won this hard fought high scoring game!!!!" to "WTF! What kind of call is this? We shouldn't even be on the field now. What kind of a crappy call is that man!" You tend to get rattled just a bit.

If it was a garden variety thing like the GB-Detroit call mentioned above i'd understand but that call was the difference between kneeling the ball and getting the game over with and having to run another defensive play. It's also a divisional rivalry game so emotions are going to be running high.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 09-15-2008, 03:09 PM   #39
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohyeahbaby123
Every game has a crappy call. That one just happened to happen at the end of the game. That call was no worse than the Lions-Packers game, but unfortunately it happened at a critical part of the game.

But at least Chargers fans have an "excuse" to why they lost, instead of admitting they should've stopped the 4th down and the 2pt.

I somehow think if the shoe was on the other foot your attitude would be a little less blase about the impact of that call.
Old 09-15-2008, 03:22 PM   #40
Pro

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
I somehow think if the shoe was on the other foot your attitude would be a little less blase about the impact of that call.
Maybe so, but unfortunately it was a bad call at a critical time of the game. And lucky for us, it was against you guys. But I have a bad feeling that the Broncos will lose like that this year. (Darn karma)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCo-LINEBACKER-
Yes, theyre are, healthy people to, not the obese kind.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »