Home

Dallas Cowboys @ New York Football Giants

This is a discussion on Dallas Cowboys @ New York Football Giants within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-03-2008, 02:45 AM   #105
Banned

OVR: 28
Re: Dallas Cowboys @ New York Football Giants

Romo or no Romo the Cowboys wasn't going to win that game. I don't ever recall Romo playing safety, linebacker or a corner. Then again he couldn't be any worse cause I didn't see ANY Cowboys playing safety, linebacker or corner.

When you talk about a score not be indicative of a game this was it. And thats bad when it's already a 35-14 score. WOW what a beating.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2008, 06:44 AM   #106
Banned

OVR: 32

I knew this game was going to be ugly. I guess we can't blame Roy Williams for all the defensive break down. Oh well, Wade is coaching for his job and I think Jason Garret, Hudson are over rated.

Why do we have 2 weak arm back up qbs when we have a downfield passing game. Brad looked old in pre season.

Our secondary was playing an old man, a rookie, and Kieth Davis. You can't win with that comination. The worst part they all look confused but I still have hope. Go Cowboys.

Peace
Old 11-03-2008, 01:20 PM   #107
Banned

Freelance's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalownership
Romo or no Romo the Cowboys wasn't going to win that game. I don't ever recall Romo playing safety, linebacker or a corner. Then again he couldn't be any worse cause I didn't see ANY Cowboys playing safety, linebacker or corner.

When you talk about a score not be indicative of a game this was it. And thats bad when it's already a 35-14 score. WOW what a beating.
A good offense has a tremendous effect on the defense. That argument never holds water.

Brad Johnson gave Dallas absolutely no chance to move the ball.

There's a reason Dallas beat New York twice last year in the regular season. Romo was a big part of that reason.

That said, this is a prime time to oust Wade Phillips, who has no business as a head coach. He gets no respect from the players, ownership, fans, media, etc. He's a fish out of water.
Old 11-03-2008, 01:31 PM   #108
Banned

OVR: 18

Anybody who listened to any post game stuff:

On the Eli pick 6 to Jenkins, anybody know what went wrong there? Looks like Plax adjusted off his quick out route and changed it to a go route(raised his hand to show it, I think) when he saw the safety up on the line of scrimmage. Eli still threw it. I'm leaning to believe that was Plax's fault.

Anybody know?
Old 11-03-2008, 01:43 PM   #109
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freelance
A good offense has a tremendous effect on the defense. That argument never holds water.

Brad Johnson gave Dallas absolutely no chance to move the ball.

There's a reason Dallas beat New York twice last year in the regular season. Romo was a big part of that reason.

That said, this is a prime time to oust Wade Phillips, who has no business as a head coach. He gets no respect from the players, ownership, fans, media, etc. He's a fish out of water.
same coach that went 13-3 last season.

Most teams struggle with their 2nd string qb.

Our secondary lost 3 starters.
Old 11-03-2008, 02:25 PM   #110
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanm1058123
Anybody who listened to any post game stuff:

On the Eli pick 6 to Jenkins, anybody know what went wrong there? Looks like Plax adjusted off his quick out route and changed it to a go route(raised his hand to show it, I think) when he saw the safety up on the line of scrimmage. Eli still threw it. I'm leaning to believe that was Plax's fault.

Anybody know?
If Plax isn't 100 percent sure that Eli knows he's going to a Go then in NO WAY should he have changed up. You can't" raise your hand" on a play like that and expect it be there, infact if you're so sure the QB knows it's a go then you shouldn't even have to raise your hand. The QB is throwing to a spot REAL quick and you're supposed to be there.
Old 11-03-2008, 02:38 PM   #111
UGH, next year

cjonesfan921's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalownership
If Plax isn't 100 percent sure that Eli knows he's going to a Go then in NO WAY should he have changed up. You can't" raise your hand" on a play like that and expect it be there, infact if you're so sure the QB knows it's a go then you shouldn't even have to raise your hand. The QB is throwing to a spot REAL quick and you're supposed to be there.
True, but this is something all offenses have. Plax realized the coverage and I assume this is what the coaches wanted him to do. It was on Eli to realize it as well, probably. Mike Francesca, I know he's ********, says that from his POV it looked like it was on Eli because Burress did his job and switched to the go route.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2008, 05:59 PM   #112
ZB9
Hall Of Fame

ZB9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by EWRMETS
It's one thing to tackle soft but Michael Jenkins didn't even attempt to tackle Derrick Ward. It's one thing to back down from Brandon Jacobs, but how can you not try to make a play there?
you dont see crap like that in high school, much less the pros. That was one of the worst things ive ever seen. How does it happen? The Giants or the Titans wouldnt put up with that crap

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »