Home

Dolphins @ Bills in Toronto.

This is a discussion on Dolphins @ Bills in Toronto. within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-07-2008, 07:13 PM   #33
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: Dolphins @ Bills in Toronto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino13
Always great to sweep the lowly Bills. Even better when your team is coming off a 1-15 previous season. The Bills are a mess. Would it even matter if the team moved, Wilson doesn't care anymore . He has ruined this team ever since he fired Polian. The teams needs a REAL GM and a REAL coach. Unfortunately he is too cheap to hire any good ones.
When you think of they are really not that talented at all in key positions. They need a GM who can recognize talent and bring them in to Buffalo. They haven't had that since Polian was the GM.
I know you're biased seeing the team that you root for are the Dolphins but those are some strong words there. You can't really fault Wilson for some of the moves he's made. Polian left the Bills in cap hell and Butler (his first name escapes me) massaged the Bills finances while still bringing in some good players. The Tom Donahoe hiring wasn't a bad one in that he came in highly touted after working for the Steelers. I do think Wilson stuck with Donahoe for too long but he did bring in Marv Levy to stabilize the team and bring in a good youthful core.

The pieces are there but there's not much after Edwards, Lynch, Evans, Schobel etc etc. I do think they need to hire a personnel man as GM as the current guy is a marketing/business person with no football experience.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 12-07-2008, 07:16 PM   #34
Bow for Bau

Vince's Arena

OVR: 28

Edwards played so crappy after the good start. He was a different QB.

http://twitter.com/52isthemike
Old 12-07-2008, 07:19 PM   #35
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Edwards played so crappy after the good start. He was a different QB.
He played great against KC and he got injured against San Fran so I dunno, I think he was just starting to turn around the corner.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2008, 07:38 PM   #36
D*lph*ns m*k* m* cry

OVR: 13

Well I do blame Wilson.He does have a reputation of being cheap, especially with his coaches pretty much retreads or first time coaches.
(Jauron,Williams, Mularkey,Stephenson,Bullogh and yes even Levy). Levy was a benefit of great talent drafted by Polian and even then he wasn't good enough to win one super bowl. Polian did go on to win a superbowl and his colts have been good most of his time there.

Maybe a little biased yeah, but the Dolphins are a prime example of spending the money and bringing in good people will pay off on the field. Until Wilson realizes that the Bills will always be watching the playoffs.

Donaghhue ruined the team too, most of his draft picks were bad too. Mike Williams, Losman, Mcgahee.
Old 12-07-2008, 07:53 PM   #37
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

Just for the record. I don't really want the bills to move here. I'd rather they stay where they are, and we get a team anyway. Maybe from some other more arbitrary franchise. the texans, the titans or the lions...but none of that will happen.

As Jim Kelly said in an interview here, that's what he wants too, and it would make bills vs. toronto games really cool.

If nothing happens, I'm happy with the way it is too. There is a certain freedom not having a 'home' team that you must root for.

Anyway, making the ticket prices the way they did, there will never be a 'real' team here that the whole city supports - there were way too many empty seats there, it was a joke - sure they were paid for but who cares? The bills org got some great revenue from this game, but toronto didn't really gain anything.

Most real NFL fans here didn't go, especially when they can go to buffallo on a bus w/ a keg on it, tailgate, see the game and come home all for 1/3 of the price.
Old 12-07-2008, 08:37 PM   #38
It is now the SW Era

muggins's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino13
Maybe a little biased yeah, but the Dolphins are a prime example of spending the money and bringing in good people will pay off on the field. Until Wilson realizes that the Bills will always be watching the playoffs.

You mean like Marcus Stroud? Give Dolfelons fans one good season and they get all uppity

BAD BOYS BAD BOYS
Old 12-08-2008, 03:02 AM   #39
MVP

HungryBologna's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by muggins

You mean like Marcus Stroud? Give Dolfelons fans one good season and they get all uppity
0-2.

Honestly, do you blame us? 1-15 my man! 1-15!!
Old 12-08-2008, 03:56 AM   #40
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
Maybe from some other more arbitrary franchise. the texans, the titans or the lions...but none of that will happen.
Texans - new stadium. Titans - new stadium. Lions - new stadium. None of those three teams are going to Toronto.

As for this f'ing disaster of a football season for our beloved Bills, from what I'm reading online, looks like the entire coaching staff is in trouble and dammit, they should be. Turk did some nice things to start the season but his decisions the last few weeks are just puzzling to me. 1st and goal from the 3 and they pass the ball?!?! Didn't he learn his lesson from last week? There's nothing wrong with being conventional...jeesh.

And something else I read...didn't realize it until I read it. Three straight weeks the Bills have won the toss and deferred. Three straight weeks, they've fallen behind 7-0. Hmm...maybe...oh...I dunno...change that strategy up a bit there, Dicky boy?

One more loss and the Bills' avatar is going away for the season, fellas. I'll give them this game against the Jets to right the ship, otherwise, it's basketball season in my mind, and time to start looking forward to the draft.

They're staring down the barrel of a 6-10 season and quite frankly, if they're not going to the playoffs (which they aren't), why the hell not finish 6-10? Better draft pick...better chance of the front office to clean house and get some competent people in there...and a better chance for the new regime to realize that there are some people on our roster that simply aren't NFL calibur players.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »