Home

Dolphins @ Bills in Toronto.

This is a discussion on Dolphins @ Bills in Toronto. within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-08-2008, 05:37 AM   #41
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: Dolphins @ Bills in Toronto.

Man it's going to be expensive having to fire the entire coaching staff after giving Jauron and company extensions in the middle of the season. (This is what happens when you have a marketing guy as the GM and not a football guy) I know the Browns are rumored to be looking at Schottenheimer but from what he wants the Bills would fit his needs more. He apparently wants a team that has the tools (or most of the tools) to be legit contenders in order to coach. I think he'd be a great guy to bring in and help in the short term, sorta like Marv Levy did for the front office and personnel.

I have to believe the rumors of blowing everything up has some merit to it as Ralph Wilson even had harsh words for the team and their performance. It's going to be very interesting to see what happens because a 5-0 start to this is just unacceptable.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2008, 06:07 AM   #42
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
It's going to be very interesting to see what happens because a 5-0 start to this is just unacceptable.
I know it seems like eons ago that we were talking playoffs and possibly even a division title this year, but they started 4-0 and 5-1, never 5-0. Jeesh...5-1 seems so far away now, lol.

What do we do at the QB position? Losman is obviously gone. Is Trent the guy? Do we bring someone ELSE in to compete with him for the job? He showed flashes this year, more so than Losman ever did. I'd sorta like to see them stick it out with him and find out if he'll flourish under a different system.

I just hope Ralph lives long enough to make the changes we need. I know it sounds harsh but damn, the guy is 90 years old!
Old 12-08-2008, 06:21 AM   #43
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy

What do we do at the QB position? Losman is obviously gone. Is Trent the guy? Do we bring someone ELSE in to compete with him for the job? He showed flashes this year, more so than Losman ever did. I'd sorta like to see them stick it out with him and find out if he'll flourish under a different system.
Where did I get 5-0 from? Oh well must've been my vivid imagination "sigh".

As for Trent I think they gotta give him at least another full year as the starter. The guy seems to get "it" a lot more then Losman ever did. I truly think that concussion affected him more then they've let on and then you compound that with him getting a groin injury last week. The guy is smart and knows what to do. I do think the Bills need to bring in an old veteran to back him up though, someone who's not going to threaten him for the job at any point. I'm essentially looking for a Steve DeBerg type. Unfortunately there aren't very many of those kind of grizzled veterans out there in today's NFL.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 12-08-2008, 07:47 AM   #44
D*lph*ns m*k* m* cry

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by muggins

You mean like Marcus Stroud? Give Dolfelons fans one good season and they get all uppity
Besides his first game against Seattle.What has he really done. They still can't stop the run and still can't rush the passer. Maybe Jacksonville knew it when they decided to trade him away.
Old 12-08-2008, 08:06 AM   #45
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino13
Besides his first game against Seattle.What has he really done. They still can't stop the run and still can't rush the passer. Maybe Jacksonville knew it when they decided to trade him away.
I'll agree with you about rushing the passer but that's as much about Aaron Schobel not being there than anything else. Run defense? Eh...it's not as bad as you make it out to be.

These are the rushing yards allowed per game, from Week 1, through last week versus San Fran.

85, 98, 98, 167, 123, 72, 52, 96, 144, 161, 159, 62.

So...it's either feast or famine really. That's roughly 110 yards per game, good for 17th in the league. Not good...but not bad either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2008, 08:35 AM   #46
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

Can't discount the fact that we've been without Angelo Crowell all year to. Remember that wacky IR situation right before the season started? I still don't know what happened there...

But yeah, something needs to change. I never thought the Dick Jauron hiring was that great anyway. He had one good year with the Bears and every other season he hasn't done anything. It's not good to have a revolving door at head coach but you've got to bring someone new in, someone with a different attitude. Someone who wants to turn this thing around and can do it. A winner.

I don't know, this season has just come straight from hell. The thrill of 5-1 faded so fast especially in an ultra competitive AFC and AFC East. Damn it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 12-08-2008, 08:53 AM   #47
It is now the SW Era

muggins's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino13
All I've seen of him so far this year is that he is playing really well. His stats for tackles and sacks and FF are on pace to be up near 2003-2004.

Anyway your point was that he doesn't pay anybody. He does. We've let a few CB's go (Clements, Winfield) and neither is matching how well they did here. Takeo was let go and he hasn't been anything good. McGahee left and has proven he is nothing special. The only player I really miss would be London Fletcher, but we have Poz.

I mean Miami has had 4 coaches since 2004, including the abortion that was Nick Saban. You've done dumb stuff with the tokemaster Ricky Williams and got rid of Chambers so that Ted Ginn could play more (he's had one good game - vs Buf this year, lol 11th pick of the draft).

Quote:
When you think of they are really not that talented at all in key positions.
You mean like Marshawn Lynch, a top RB in the league, or Lee Evans, or Terrance McGee, or Trent Edwards...

Quote:
Levy was a benefit of great talent drafted by Polian and even then he wasn't good enough to win one super bowl.
Levy was a great coach. I remember him beating the Fins quite a few times, coached by the great Don Shula. Pretty awesome seeing Marino flailing around there in the backfield, getting sacked by #78...

Which reminds me, how many Super Bowls was Marino good enough to win?

BAD BOYS BAD BOYS
Old 12-08-2008, 09:13 AM   #48
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by muggins
All I've seen of him so far this year is that he is playing really well. His stats for tackles and sacks and FF are on pace to be up near 2003-2004.

Anyway your point was that he doesn't pay anybody. He does. We've let a few CB's go (Clements, Winfield) and neither is matching how well they did here. Takeo was let go and he hasn't been anything good. McGahee left and has proven he is nothing special. The only player I really miss would be London Fletcher, but we have Poz.

I mean Miami has had 4 coaches since 2004, including the abortion that was Nick Saban. You've done dumb stuff with the tokemaster Ricky Williams and got rid of Chambers so that Ted Ginn could play more (he's had one good game - vs Buf this year, lol 11th pick of the draft).

You mean like Marshawn Lynch, a top RB in the league, or Lee Evans, or Terrance McGee, or Trent Edwards...

Levy was a great coach. I remember him beating the Fins quite a few times, coached by the great Don Shula. Pretty awesome seeing Marino flailing around there in the backfield, getting sacked by #78...

Which reminds me, how many Super Bowls was Marino good enough to win?
Hey, hey, hey. Let's not get into a pissing match with the Fish fans, lol. They beat us twice this year. They're better than we are...this year. It happens.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »