Home

Pacman's career over?

This is a discussion on Pacman's career over? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-11-2008, 12:49 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: Pacman's career over?

America has way more murders and accidental homicides than any other country.

But you may be right, America a great place to live
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2008, 01:30 PM   #26
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Sufferer
Playing in the NFL for millions of dollars should be seen as a privilege, not a right, like joining an exclusive club with standards.

I hope the commissioner gets more tough and takes this kind of approach with habitual criminals or players whose actions bring disrepute to the league.

That being said, I'm a big second amendment supporter and my kind of gun control is hitting what you're aiming at, and being RESPONSIBLE.

No one should be denied the right to concealed carry without a real good reason. New York and other states have stupid, unconstitutional gun laws. Plaxico should have been issued a concealed carry permit, but he also should learn how to handle his firearm and have a holster and not use his gun as a toy. We should all have the right to self defense, an armed society is a polite society. There are plenty of states where guns are prevalent and we don't have wild west shootouts.

The hysterical reaction of sissy sports reporters who know nothing about guns and the second amendment have been ridiculous.
Guns? I don't think he was carrying a gun when he got hurt (topic of this thread). I'm also pretty sure none of his issue were related to him having or carrying a gun (related to Pacman). This post has absolutely nothing to do with this thread... and there are plenty of threads here where the "message" makes more sense but political posts are against the TOS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edaddy
While I don't feel sorry for him I am scared about what this will mean for him in the future..he only knows football and is not financially set..He has a problem with alcohol and drugs...etc..what else will he do!!...lI see a Pacman in jail story coming in the near future
He'll be like the millions of others with the exact same issue but without the gift he's had or the opportunity he tried to blow. I'm not happy he's hurt but I won't feel sorry for him b/c of the chance he won't know how to make it without football. He hasn't seemed to care to much about that up to this point.
Old 12-11-2008, 01:31 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumalu
Sorry, I'm from little ole' New Zealand. So I don't understand America's fascination with guns. Our cops dont even carry guns, lol.

Sorry to everyone else for going off topic.
While it's the first time I've heard of a country where cops don't carry guns, there are plenty of countries where guns are almost non-existent among the civilian population and the vast majority of them have far less violent crimes than the US.

Where the issue becomes muddy and the discussions turn bad is in the interpretation of that reality. Some argue that the guns contribute to the violence while others argue that the violence justifies the need for civilians to carry guns to protect themselves. It's a very old debate and one that is unlikely to ever be discussed on OS for very long without falling into a political debate that ends up being locked for violating the TOS.
Old 12-11-2008, 05:16 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 32

I will be the first to say, I hope he get better.

Peace
Old 12-12-2008, 12:06 AM   #29
MVP

OVR: 15

Well, ummmmm........

The ESPN Sportsticker stated that Adam Jones received a second opinion and may play in the season finale.........

As a man who doesn't want to see injuries (esp. neck injuries) happen to anyone, I hope he can get back on the field.

We'll just see how this "karma" plays out.
MLB: Chicago White Sox
NCAA: Florida State Seminoles

Old 12-12-2008, 02:16 AM   #30
Rookie

shark17's Arena

OVR: 10

If Jones can't play again it will have nothing to do with guns or cops or rights to carry guns....but it will be the tragic ending to the career of a man who for whatever reason just couldn't either grasp or handle the gift that he had been given.......
Old 12-12-2008, 02:33 PM   #31
Come get some!

Candyman5's Arena

OVR: 43

I hope his injury isn't to serious I just wish he would get expelled from the league until he gets his act together. There are a couple of people I could put into this catagory.

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:37844096

Teams:
NCAA/PRO Football - Miami Hurricanes/Minnesota Vikings
NCAA/PRO Basketball - Syracuse Orange/NJ Nets
NCAA/PRO Baseball - Miami Hurricanes/NY Yankees
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »