Home

Way to go Houston Texans

This is a discussion on Way to go Houston Texans within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-14-2008, 10:43 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: Way to go Houston Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
houston always does the show promise thing at the end of the season.....i know its frustrating for fans
I feel that way also, but at the same time I also feel not many teams would win the two games after the Hurricane which were both divison away games, and they didn't have much practice for their 'bye week 2'

I'm not making excuses for them, because the Jags and Colts game...they could have easily been won...especially the Colts game with the whole Sage thing.

But this win feels different, it's not like Tenn had nothing to play for like our past late season wins...You just hope you can build off this win and not go into Oakland and lay a egg. Just finish the season positive...lol with a winning record.

As long as the team improves every season, I can be happy with that. Because in the Casserly/Carr era...we'd go 7-9 one season...then the next 2-14. They can't go into Oakland and lay a egg though...

Nnamdi vs Andre should be fun though.
Old 12-14-2008, 10:46 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
No kidding. He made Finnegan look like a kid out there.
He said something about Finnegan. Let me find it...

(on Titans CB Cortland Finnegan) “Same thing. He’s still irritating. He’s feisty; he’s a feisty player. If you watch the game, you’ll see me, (WR) Kevin (Walter), (WR) André (Davis), (WR) David (Anderson), all of us get into it with him. That’s just the way he plays. I never used to speak to him, to be honest, but after the game, I talked to him and he seems like a great guy. But the way he plays on the field, I think sometimes if you don’t have control over yourself, it can cause irritation.”
Old 12-15-2008, 08:32 AM   #19
Obey the Father!!!!

Eton Rifles's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanm1058123
Steve Slaton is awesome. That is all.
You know, it's amazing what a difference a year makes. Last year at this time he was hardly playing while Noel Devine was getting all the carries at WV. he does have a amazing a bility to make a quick cut and take off. Do the texans use the Denver zone block scheme?
Old 12-15-2008, 08:40 AM   #20
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eton Rifles
You know, it's amazing what a difference a year makes. Last year at this time he was hardly playing while Noel Devine was getting all the carries at WV. he does have a amazing a bility to make a quick cut and take off. Do the texans use the Denver zone block scheme?
I would assume so, since Gary Kubiak is the head coach there. He used to be with the Denver Broncos.

I thought the Texans would finish right around the .500 mark even after their 0-4 start and lo and behold, it's becoming reality. They've lost to pretty good teams this season minus the Jaguars (IND twice, TEN, PIT, BAL, MIN, and JAX) so they may just be victims of a good division and a tough schedule. It'll be a good step for the franchise though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 12-15-2008, 03:25 PM   #21
Daydream Believer

Flyboy's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eton Rifles
Yes, they do.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2008, 11:38 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

OVR: 40

It's really nice to see Steve Slaton doing well. I think he's more suited for an inside running scheme as most NFL teams run, which he didn't really get a chance to do in Rodriguez's spread option offense in Morgantown.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »