Home

Braylon takes it to a whole other level

This is a discussion on Braylon takes it to a whole other level within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-21-2008, 04:26 PM   #73
Outback Jesus

OSUFan_88's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: Braylon takes it to a whole other level

Quote:
Originally Posted by The C
Braylon did fine today. I would even say he was the best player today for the Browns.

Wasn't his fault that Ken Dorsey cannot throw a ball into the wind.

Edit: or maybe second best. Cribbs did well too
If he wants all the credit for last season, he must take it for this season as well.

Urban Meyer is lol.
Old 12-21-2008, 04:41 PM   #74
Banned

OVR: 29

He was very important to last year and has also played a role in this years disappointment but I'm putting more weight on Jamal Lewis and the running game and our over expectations.

There shouldn't have been such high expectations coming into the season because the Browns didn't really beat anyone last year
Old 12-21-2008, 04:48 PM   #75
Outback Jesus

OSUFan_88's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by The C
He was very important to last year and has also played a role in this years disappointment but I'm putting more weight on Jamal Lewis and the running game and our over expectations.

There shouldn't have been such high expectations coming into the season because the Browns didn't really beat anyone last year
Probably, but Braylon said he brought the franchise out of darkness.

If he wants to take that much credit for last year, he better take equal amount of credit for this year.

IMO, It's a mix between poor coaching, poor blocking, and poor ego management.

Urban Meyer is lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2008, 08:12 PM   #76
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
BRAYLON BACKTRACKS

Posted by Mike Florio on December 19, 2008, 10:24 p.m.
Only a few days after teeing off on Browns fans, receiver Braylon Edwards is trying

to make peace.

Good luck with that.

I don’t want to be traded,” Edwards said Thursday. ”I want to be here in Cleveland. I want to make plays. I want to have fun, and I just want to enjoy it.

“I don’t know, maybe I care too much.”

Or maybe he’s just an idiot.

That’s really the only explanation. Edwards, who is signed through 2009, did his best to alienate a group of fans as loyal as any in the world, and now he wants to pretend it didn’t occur?

“I can’t apologize for what happened before I got here,” Edwards said, while failing to apologize for anything that has happened since he has arrived, including a rash of dropped balls that would embarrass even a popcorn-palmed urologist.

“I wasn’t a part of ‘The Drive.’ I didn’t fumble at the 1,” he said. “That wasn’t me. I think fans are still disgruntled about that, and they have every right to be because they’re fans, but that’s not me. I’m Braylon Edwards, and I just want to be Braylon Edwards.”

Fine, but being Braylon Edwards as a member of the Browns has suddenly become more difficult, and Braylon Edwards has no one to blame but Braylon Edwards.
Old 12-24-2008, 12:35 AM   #77
SimWorld Draft Class Guru

CWSapp757's Arena

OVR: 24

I know I am a little late on this one, but I have been busy with work so this is the first I have heard about.

1) I was reluctant to take Braylon's side on this one after reading his first quote. Football is the ultimate team sport but he sure didn't seem to have a problem taking full credit for the success of the team last year. When you talk like that, you better be pretty much mistake free on a consistent basis.

2) I am honestly not buying the whole "everybody here hates me" story. I don't know any professional athletes personally but have seen enough in person to know that no matter how bad you are doing, its not all hate. For every person that is publicly ridiculing you for playing like crap, there are just as many showing you love and begging for your autograph simply because you are professional athlete. I think he's making it sound a lot worse than what it really is, but that's just my opinion.

3) And after reading this "Braylon Backtracks" nonsense..... Lol, I don't even know what to say about that. I just find it funny how he makes a reference to a situation, stated he had nothing to do with that, and then goes on to say the fans have every right to be mad about that. No where do I see him say, "Yeah, I haven't played to my potential this year, and the fans have a right to be disappointed with me. I take responsibility for that". Just seems to me like he still has a lot of growing up to do.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »