Home

AFC Divisional Playoff: Ravens @ Titans

This is a discussion on AFC Divisional Playoff: Ravens @ Titans within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-04-2009, 10:10 PM   #41
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: AFC Divisional Playoff: Ravens @ Titans

I see an upset and the Ravens win 24-14
Pacers/Heat
Michigan

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2009, 11:03 PM   #42
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Van Den Bosh and Haynsworth will play although not 100 %. Just saw it on the news. Biggest injury is Kevin Mawae who has not practiced since getting hurt against the Steelers. I can't fathom him not playing though, but that could be huge.
Old 01-05-2009, 12:08 AM   #43
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

Meh, Mawae has been decent but is part of the reason the Titans run game tends to get stuffed up the middle at times. He's no power house run blocker. LeRoy Harris or Amano at C (allowing Loper, a better run blocker, inside at LG) could improve the run blocking. Losing Mawae however probably hurts the most from a line call, veteran savvy angle.

Prefer he was healthy, but AH and KVB not being 100% are bigger deals. AH is typically pretty useless after a significant injury.
Old 01-05-2009, 04:03 AM   #44
Big Dummy

DustinT's Arena

I wouldn't bet on this game, but I hate how everyone is already counting the Titans out. Pisses me off.

R.I.P Seattle SuperSonics
Old 01-05-2009, 05:56 AM   #45
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

I think it's fairly 50-50. Can't ask for much more after a blowout win by the Ravens and a bye for the Titans.

I have noticed some seem to think only one good defense is playing, though. Before the dumb week 17 game where I think Stephen Tulloch was the only starter getting meaningful play time, the Titans were the #1 scoring D in the league.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2009, 09:42 AM   #46
Banned

OVR: 32

Advice to Collins don't throw around Mr. Reed. If he playing deep throw it short and if he is playing shallow then throw it long. Reed is the Deon Sanders but playing FS and he could hit.
Old 01-05-2009, 09:47 AM   #47
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eckoefx
I wouldn't bet on this game, but I hate how everyone is already counting the Titans out. Pisses me off.
Who's counting the Titans out? Seems, like you, that people are pretty up in the air on this one.
Old 01-05-2009, 10:46 AM   #48
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
Who's counting the Titans out? Seems, like you, that people are pretty up in the air on this one.
There are people on this board counting out the Titans, but the media sure isn't, they are 3 point favorites.

I live in Nashville and while they are not taking the Ravens lightly they see this as an unfinished business game from 2000, when we came in here and told them to BE QUIET. But alas, I gotta deal with this stuff all week at work. The only one who gets it worse than me is a lady that works a floor down, she's a Jags fan and they always bag on her. I already got calls last night. "It's over for ya this weekend partnah!!! It aint gonna even be close. That rookie QB is going to cost you the game."

I said it very well could be over this weekend and Flacco might cost us, who knows. But let's just see the players on the field. "Ahhh this aint no 2000!!! Your defense is overrated. We will expose them." Yada, yada, yada.

I'm not one to get into too much pre-game talk about whose going to do what as I'm always nervous. I'll talk about injuries ect., but as far as who is going to win, I don't talk about that too much. I know who I WANT to win though

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »