Home

Team of the Decade Pats or Steelers?

This is a discussion on Team of the Decade Pats or Steelers? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Team of the Decade?
New England Patriots 123 88.49%
Pittsburgh Steelers 16 11.51%
Voters: 139. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-04-2009, 05:15 PM   #65
Banned

OVR: 30
Re: Team of the Decade Pats or Steelers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
Championships aren't neccessarily the only way to determine this.
Yes they are. Championships come first, and then other factors can break ties.

Quote:
Super Bowls can't just be everything.
They most certainly can be.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2009, 05:15 PM   #66
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by auburn387
Good point, but like someone else said if the Colts get another SB next year...that will definitely close the gab a lot and you could argue the Colts as the best in this decade...Super Bowls can't just be everything.
well, yes if the colts win then they could be a lot closer but still not there, but I would say that if baltimore or NY won they could pass the colts and move them down to 4th.
Old 02-04-2009, 05:41 PM   #67
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
Championships aren't neccessarily the only way to determine this. The Colts have like four or five different seasons that they've started like 8 and 0 or something like that. They've been in the playoffs every year of this decade so far except for 2001 while the Pats have missed the postseason completely numerous times.
In the first 9 years of this decade, the Patriots have missed the playoffs 3 times. Two of those seasons, they were tied for the division lead, but lost out on tie breakers.

The Colts have made the post season 8 of 9 times, but were "one and done" 5 times......Including a 41-0 loss to the Jets.

Playoff Records:

New England 14-3
Pittsburgh 10-4
Indy 7-7
Old 02-04-2009, 07:28 PM   #68
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by auburn387
Then what was even the point in making this thread if the Pats are hands down, no argument needed, the team of the decade?
I didn't make the thread. The OP thought it was close between the Pats and Steelers. I disagree.

Quote:
We're arguing the team of the decade and right now it's the Pats, Steelers, and Colts. I understand the thread says just Pats and Steelers, but realistically if there were another team then it'd be the Colts.
There isn't another team. The thread is about the Pats and Steelers. Why are you going on for pages about a team you'd want to talk about IF it was what the thread was about?

Quote:
If they win the Super Bowl next year, which is likely(don't care what you say, it's more likely that they'll win it than well over half of the other teams in the league), then in my opinion they move ahead of the Steelers as the 2nd best team.
It's not likely that any team will win the superbowl next year. That's just a silly argument. There's a 1 and 32 chance that any team will win the SB next year. As good as they've been this decade, they have one SB appearance and victory. So is it that winning even one SB is extremely special b/c it's so hard to do, or that a team as good as the Colts have a "likely" chance to win it (which would make only winning 1 the last 10 years extremely disappointing)? It can't be both ways... but the end result of both is that it's not any more likely that they'll win the SB than anyone else.

And even if they do win it, and many do agree that moves them ahead of the Steelers... they'd still be behind the Pats, so it doesn't even matter.

Quote:
But like I said...you say if the Colts win the Super bowl next year, they still don't have a shot to beat the Patriots...then how in the world do the Steelers have a shot right now? They really don't. So let's just close this thread because the answer is obvious.
IMO the Steelers don't have a shot right now. If the Steelers win the SB next year, then they have a shot. I wouldn't have made this thread until after that happened.

I'm starting to see why relevis was getting ganged up on. you were spitting crazy arguments in all those other threads too. Only difference is you don't stop. He's at least tried to stop a few times. You two need the buddy system. He reached out to you a few posts ago. You can skip the FA meetings (Fanatics Anonymous).
Old 02-04-2009, 08:40 PM   #69
Rookie

OVR: 3

I'd have to say the Patriots. Three championships, undefeated regular season, a backup season having one of the best seasons for any QB in 2008 after their huge star QB went down, the best QB in the game for the last few years, record breaking WR and WR that led the league in catches in 2007 (Moss and Welker), bately getting edged out the two years they didn't make it, and so on. The Steelers have definitely been great too, but the Patriots have to get the edge unless the Steelers repeat next year.
Old 02-06-2009, 01:28 AM   #70
Banned

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olson-for-Heisman
Brad Johnson
BLASPHEMY!

Brad was actually the highest rated QB in the NFC the year they won the Super Bowl.
Old 02-06-2009, 01:57 AM   #71
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dislimb
BLASPHEMY!

Brad was actually the highest rated QB in the NFC the year they won the Super Bowl.
Brad Johnson wasn't anything close to a Hall of Famer or anything, but he was an above average QB his entire career.

He was probably a top 10 QB most of the years he started, and was certainly better than Ben during his Super Bowl years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2009, 04:21 AM   #72
Pro

OVR: 6

Easily New England

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »