Home

Was the 1992 NFL draft the worst of all time?

This is a discussion on Was the 1992 NFL draft the worst of all time? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-06-2009, 11:59 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 55
Re: Was the 1992 NFL draft the worst of all time?

The ten drafts prior to 1992:

1982- Marcus Allen, Mike Munchak and Andre Tippett are all in the HoF. Nobody else from this year is HoF worthy though unless you want to count Morten Anderson (50/50) or Gary Anderson (25/75).

1983- John Elway, Eric Dickerson, Bruce Matthews, Jim Kelly, Dan Marino and Darrell Green are all in the HoF. There are also a few other players who are borderline worthy from this year with Richard Dent topping the list. He really deserves to be in IMO.

1984- There are currently no HoF players from this draft, but you can make cases for a few people includng Irving Fryar, Wilber Marshall and especially Guy McIntyre. Boomer Esiason, although not HoF worthy to me, came out of this draft as well.

1985- Bruce Smith is the only current HoF player from this year, but Jerry Rice will undoubtably be joining him as soon as he is eligible. There are a few other borderline players such as Chris Doleman, Andre Reed (both of whom should definitely be in), Lomas Brown, Kevin Greene, and Randall Cunningham.

1986- There are currently no HoF players from this draft, but you can make cases for a few people includng Leslie O'Neal, Charles Haley and Seth Joyner. Bo Jackson also "technically" came from this draft and barring injury, well, I don't even need to say it.

1987- Rod Woodson is the only current HoF player from this year, but Cris Carter will undoubtably be joining him eventually. There are a few other borderline players such as Cornelius Bennett, Bruce Armstrong, Hardy Nickerson and Greg Lloyd.

1988- Michael Irvin, Randall McDaniel and Thurman Thomas are all in the HoF and Tim Brown will undoubtably be joining him eventually. There are a few other borderline players such as Neil Smith, Eric Allen, Dermontti Dawson (who should definitely be in) and Bill Romanowwski.

1989- Troy Aikman, Barry Sanders and Derrick Thomas are in the HoF and Deion Sanders will undoubtably be joining him eventually. You can also make a case for Steve Atwater (who has had a very similar career to Darren Woodson), Andre Rison and Steve Wisniewski.

1990- There are currently no HoF players from this draft, but Junior Seau, Emmitt Smith and Shannon Sharpe are all stone cold locks to get in. You can also make a case for John Randle, but he was "technically" undrafted.

1991- There are currently no HoF players from this draft, but Brett Favre is a stone cold lock to get in. You can also make a case for Ricky Watters, Aeneas Williams and Keenan McCardell (who had a very similar career to Jimmy Smith).

1984 and 1986 are the only ones that come close to being as bad as the 1993 draft was IMO. I know I may have listed some "borderline" players as far as HoF probability goes, but keep in mind I only did this because we are using Darren Woodson and Jimmy Smith as two examples of "borderline" HoF players.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »