Home

ESPN = No Class?

This is a discussion on ESPN = No Class? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-05-2009, 05:20 PM   #9
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: ESPN = No Class?

It's not like he actually had a decent QB throwing the ball to him so I can see why the Raiders would pick him in that selection...Crabtree is the better guy obviously but HB definately didn't get a chance to really shine during his college days.
Old 05-05-2009, 05:30 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

J0nnD0ugh's Arena

OVR: 27

Let me get this straight. Guys would rather they criticize his selection, behind his back?

They weren't laughing @ Bey. They were laughing @ the Raiders. And the "they" was mostly Jackson, who giggles more than a hyena.
-August 17, 1960
Thanks, dookies!
Old 05-05-2009, 05:35 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 89

to laugh is pretty uncalled for
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2009, 05:41 PM   #12
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

First, that blog/article could've been one sentence. Jeez, he just said the same thing over and over and over and over again. When he couldn't find a new way to say it, he just repeated something he said half a page earlier.

Second, I don't fault Carter (don't even see what criticism there is for anyone else), I fault ESPN. Why would they set up an interview after analysts are set to give their honest opinion of a player. Do the interview before or another day.

Third, I don't feel sorry for him at all. Welcome to the spotlight, kid. I really hope he succeeds but this is the stuff that makes me think he won't and why I wish the Raiders didn't take such a gamble on him. I feel sorry for him having to deal with all this added pressure, but we all watch a lot of sports and have heard much worse from the media, fans and members of OS than what was in that video. He handled it well. Lets hope he can continue to.
Old 05-05-2009, 05:46 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 12

"Second, I don't fault Carter (don't even see what criticism there is for anyone else), I fault ESPN. Why would they set up an interview after analysts are set to give their honest opinion of a player. Do the interview before or another day."

Of course you don't.
Old 05-05-2009, 05:51 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
Third, I don't feel sorry for him at all. Welcome to the spotlight, kid. I really hope he succeeds but this is the stuff that makes me think he won't and why I wish the Raiders didn't take such a gamble on him. I feel sorry for him having to deal with all this added pressure, but we all watch a lot of sports and have heard much worse from the media, fans and members of OS than what was in that video. He handled it well. Lets hope he can continue to.
As out of line as I think alot of the media stuff is, This wasn't really about anything the kid DID. He didn't drop a TD pass or anything. He just got picked higher than they expected.

Like the draft experts have such a shining record they can ridicule anybody for making a pick.
Old 05-05-2009, 06:00 PM   #15
MVP

Madwolf's Arena

OVR: 9

If anyone is at fault it's the Raiders. Bay may turn out to be a great WR, but he wasn't great in college and there were higher caliber players they could have taken at that spot.

You can't sit here and attack Cris Carter. He's one of the all-time greats at the WR position. He knows the game, and he said exactly what he should have. 40 times don't win football games.

And we're really going to call for Tom Jackson's job because he giggled? Are you serious? The guy can run circles around other commentators with some of his insight.

The Raiders just drafted a WR #7 overall who doesn't have good hands... sounds like a huge mistake to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2009, 06:02 PM   #16
MVP

shnuskis's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madwolf
The Raiders just drafted a WR #7 overall who doesn't have good hands... sounds like a huge mistake to me.
Ask the Viking fans about drafting a speedy wr who can't catch at #7.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »