Home

ESPN = No Class?

This is a discussion on ESPN = No Class? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-05-2009, 06:04 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: ESPN = No Class?

It's been a known fact for 2 decades now, that Mel Kiper makes his opinion strongly known if someone gets picked when that wasn't the pick he had in his mock draft. I think he lashes out because his pride gets too him. Now he has McShay doing the same thing...

...Sad to see a 50 year old man act on his emotions after the Raiders hurt his feelings by not selecting the player HE thought they should draft.

Kiper & McShay, cry me a river.
---------------------------------

I respect Cris Carter, being a hall of fame receiver, I believe his criticism is more of a subjective rant, whereas the so-called experts are that of being objective. If he(Carter) feels DHB needs to work on a few things then so be-it. Jackson, well Jackson, has always been bitter about a lot of things.

Last edited by terrapinman; 05-05-2009 at 06:07 PM.
Old 05-05-2009, 06:10 PM   #18
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeUnc2321
It's not like he actually had a decent QB throwing the ball to him so I can see why the Raiders would pick him in that selection...Crabtree is the better guy obviously but HB definately didn't get a chance to really shine during his college days.
Even his highlights had him juggling catchable balls, that has nothing to do with the quarterback.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 05-05-2009, 06:13 PM   #19
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
That is my problem with it all. DHB probably had a draft party with his mother, father, friends, family there. The way that ESPN reacted to his being taken at 7 was piss-poor. No problem with them saying that this was a reach, but this is his day, Not Mel Kipers, Chris Carters or anyone else who bashed this kid. That's my problem with the whole way they carried them selves. You embarrassed him infront of his friends and family for what, being the 7th overall and 1 WR taken. Bush league. I hope he never grants ESPN an interview the rest of his career.
I agree with you..When I first saw it I almost couldn't believe what I was seeing or hearing and then when they interviewed him with his family right after Carter's and Jacksons comedy show you could actually hear them laughing in the background why the kid was being interviewed...In any view that's classless, tasteless, and unproffessional..The kid handled it with class and like others said I will root for him to succeed...I just don't get how you can judge a player based on his draft position ..all players who come into the league are a crapshoot..and former players such as Carter and Jackson should know that..There were plenty of percieved reaches on draft day but it seems like this kid was singled out..I have grown to dislike Carter because of his "Better than you" attitude towards certain players..That kid shouldn't have to be subjected to that type of unproffessionalism from Kiper, Jackson, Carter etc. ..it's not his fault he was drafted that high..let the kid prove that he was worth that pick before you start labelling him a "bust" before he ever steps on the field....
Old 05-05-2009, 06:15 PM   #20
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

This article is pretty pathetic if I do say so myself. I actually think Trent Dilfer is a great analyst and the other guys are pretty good at what they do as well.

People that are saying its a matter of pride for McShay and Kiper, how dumb can you be, honestly?

The Raiders are a laughing stock; it's a fact. They've drafted very poorly; it's a fact. And its a fact that guys like DHB rarely turn into stars as compared to WRs like Crabtree or Britt. The NFL is all about having strong hands and being able to run good routes, neither of which DHB is very good at.

I will say, however, I definitely will be rooting for DHB to prove a lot of people wrong. He sounds like a very good kid.

Last edited by Yeah...THAT Guy; 05-05-2009 at 06:19 PM.
Old 05-05-2009, 06:19 PM   #21
We'll waste him too.

snepp's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by shnuskis
Ask the Viking fans about drafting a speedy wr who can't catch at #7.
Low blow.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2009, 06:29 PM   #22
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
Even his highlights had him juggling catchable balls, that has nothing to do with the quarterback.
If I had to leap a mile to catch an errant pass I might juggle it a bit as well. Most of my opinion comes from when WFU played Maryland in their conference game this past year as HB was really good and his best game of the year...caught over 10 passes & 100+ yards against a really good Wake defense.
Old 05-05-2009, 06:33 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 18

Ok i will be honest i call DHB a bust and the raiders a bunch of idiots fro drafting him but after seeing video of the low-class monkeys so call analyst except for jesse palmer. I hope he turn into the next Steve Smith. Then when that day came never, i and i hope he never do another interview with espn again. When they come to ask to you a ? DHB just say no comment.

I give him respect for not losing his cool because i would and believe me my mother would throw some jamaican style curses at Chris Carter and Tim Jackson. No fing class BSPN
Old 05-05-2009, 07:23 PM   #24
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUFan_88
They are paid to give their expert opinions, not to be nice to everyone.

Personally, I think it was well deserved to smash the franchise, but not the player. At least wait to do the player then start smashing the Raiders.

I guess what I'm saying is that it may have been low class...but that doesn't make what they were saying any less true.
Yup.

Laugh at the Raiders for how terribly they're run. Feel sorry for DHB that he has to go there to that circus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »