Home

Crabtree to sit year out?

This is a discussion on Crabtree to sit year out? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2009, 08:51 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 10
Re: Crabtree to sit year out?

The rookies that come into the nfl should sign a one year contract for the league minimum. After they prove they belong in the league then they have they right to ask for money. They need to remember that they come a dime a dozen and can easily be replaced. At the rookies seminar they need to show them how everyday people work and cant make ends meet sometimes. If you get in the nfl you are not working you are playing a game for millions of dollars. Dont get me wrong I understand the dangers of the game and you have to make the money while you can but don't ask for money that you dont deserve. The Nfl is a privilege and rookies should respect it.
Old 08-06-2009, 08:55 PM   #50
Banned

OVR: 8

What has Michael Crabtree done in the NFL?....................nothing

He needs to suck it up and get his behind on the field. If he does well, he'll be rewarded. Players that come out of college don't understand that. They just want the money.
Old 08-06-2009, 09:16 PM   #51
MVP

OVR: 26

Another diva WR. No one should be surprised

Just call me Sanchez
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2009, 10:00 PM   #52
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsheart
The rookies that come into the nfl should sign a one year contract for the league minimum. After they prove they belong in the league then they have they right to ask for money. They need to remember that they come a dime a dozen and can easily be replaced. At the rookies seminar they need to show them how everyday people work and cant make ends meet sometimes. If you get in the nfl you are not working you are playing a game for millions of dollars. Dont get me wrong I understand the dangers of the game and you have to make the money while you can but don't ask for money that you dont deserve. The Nfl is a privilege and rookies should respect it.
Well this is nothing new. The players have to do what is best for them, and I doubt Crabtree is going to sit out the entire season or even miss 4 games because of this. He knows what is best for him is to also sign asap AND to get the most guaranteed money he can get.

The NFL there is always a risk of suffering a major injury any week , any time you play. Yeah the NFL is a privledge and Crabtree worked so he could play in it.
Old 08-06-2009, 10:15 PM   #53
Banned

peteykirch's Arena

OVR: 19

LMFAO

McShay bashed Kenny Britt for having a primadonna attitude, and would bring down team chemistry, but no no no Crabtree and his always cocky attitude and swagger that was fine, and whatever team drafts him would have nothing to worry bout. We'll never hear McShay talking about this.
Old 08-06-2009, 10:20 PM   #54
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Multiple sources say Parker threatened year-long holdout

Posted by Mike Florio on August 6, 2009 8:37 PM ET
I'll admit that I got a little pissy earlier today regarding the proliferation of reports that accepted at face value the denials from the 49ers that agent Eugene Parker threatened the team that receiver Michael Crabtree will sit out the entire 2009 season if the Niners don't cave in to Parker's demands.

But I'm not sorry for how I responded. I'm sorry for putting myself in position that I had to respond the way I had to respond. (Hey, Antonio Pierce should sell that one to Hallmark. Unless and until he does, it's fair game.)

And given the lingering confusion on this issue, let me be clear. Three sources have now said that Parker made the threat.

One source says that Parker specifically tied a season-long holdout to a contract that exceeds the package that the Raiders gave to Darrius Heyward-Bey with the seventh overall pick in round one.

It previously was believed that Parker was looking for a top-five deal. Apparently, he is aiming two spots lower.

If he'll move only three more spots lower, maybe Crabtree can get to work and prove that he's worth his contract, and more.

Regardless, the threat was made. It would be beyond stupid for Parker to follow through on it, but the threat was made.

Now, if any of you keep sending me links to reports to the contrary, I'm gonna turn this car around and drive home.
Old 08-06-2009, 11:48 PM   #55
All Star

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by P2K
Exactly. And I know I should've kept my thoughts to myself, but I'm hoping my words can somehow save the world from this mistake again lol.
Maybe ninja's to seek out wrong doers?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2009, 12:05 AM   #56
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

What did that dude in Buffalo who suffered the career ending injury in week 1 get from the NFL?

Some of yall need to look at the business side of this thing.

I'm not gonna say that a rookie should make the minimum salary, as it should be a sliding scale, but I do believe that in order to qualify for the NFLs pension you've got to have a couple years of service in the league.

Now I don't know what they offer a player or ROOKIE who suffered a career ending injury, but before we go saying primadonna this and that...oh another WR who's all about themselves.

Consider the brutality of the NFL, and the likelihood that Crabtree could come in be a star and then suffer a helmet to helmet hit that ends his career.

Someone w/ a little more knowledge as to what a rookie gets (and/or player NOT considered a VET by league standards) when they suffer a career-ending injury can hopefully chime in.

I'm pretty sure Crabtree is a 3rd pick talent, but his injury and inability to workout at the combine dropped his draft stock. However, I guess in his mind he's not willing to give San Fran the bargain they think they're getting by taking him 10th.

...and W T F can you really blame him? Bey getting more than Crabtree? I'm upset where I work because I'm a GS-09 and have people 2 grades higher than me....WHO I'VE TRAINED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He's not really a 10th overall pick. No injury and maybe HE is headed to OAK eh?

...but really what's the difference...By the time he catches a TD pass you will have forgotten about all of this and will have endeared him anyways...right?

Last edited by JBH3; 08-07-2009 at 12:16 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »