Home

What did Tony Dungy say about Terrell Owens?

This is a discussion on What did Tony Dungy say about Terrell Owens? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 11:07 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: What did Tony Dungy say about Terrell Owens?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freelance
Instead we honor the Steve McNairs and Sean Taylors like they were killed defending a group of orphans in a war zone.
That's actually pretty funny.

Old 08-10-2009, 11:10 AM   #10
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
The NFL has become one big self support group. These guys do all sorts of illegal and immoral things collectively, then they just write off as a "mistake" or being "human".

A mistake is forgetting to tie your shoes or telling a little white lie. It is not a "mistake" to run an illegal gambling ring for years and years while killing and torturing dogs in the process. That is not a "mistake". That is a calculated and repeated felony that only stopped because he got caught.

Instead we honor the Steve McNairs and Sean Taylors like they were killed defending a group of orphans in a war zone.

The NFL (and other leagues) serve as enablers for these guys. They enjoy getting to live a lower standard than we have to live up to, and they are made excuses for all the while.
Sean Taylor was killed by a group of kids trying to steal from him, how does he have anything to do with what you're whining about? Only you could complain about a guy like Tony Dungy. Incredible.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 08-10-2009, 11:10 AM   #11
Pro

bucksfan07's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
The NFL has become one big self support group. These guys do all sorts of illegal and immoral things collectively, then they just write off as a "mistake" or being "human".

A mistake is forgetting to tie your shoes or telling a little white lie. It is not a "mistake" to run an illegal gambling ring for years and years while killing and torturing dogs in the process. That is not a "mistake". That is a calculated and repeated felony that only stopped because he got caught.

The NFL (and other leagues) serve as enablers for these guys. They enjoy getting to live a lower standard than we have to live up to, and they are made excuses for all the while.
couldn't agree more

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2009, 11:17 AM   #12
Banned

Freelance's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
Sean Taylor was killed by a group of kids trying to steal from him, how does he have anything to do with what you're whining about? Only you could complain about a guy like Tony Dungy. Incredible.
Hey, I absolutely LOVE Dungy. I wish he'd come back and coach my Cowboys. It was more of a general point.

And I know Taylor was killed in an apparently random act, but his lifestyle before that was abhorable.
Old 08-10-2009, 11:23 AM   #13
Banned

Freelance's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyT11
Umm Sean Taylor was killed by some punks that broke into his home. He died trying to protect his woman and small child. So how in the hell is he to be looked at in a bad way?? Last I checked a man is suppose to protect his woman and child. He was shot by some damn wanna be thugs.
Check out his stellar actions before that.

Look, I'm not trying to hijack this thread to be about Sean Taylor. The OP was referring to Dungy's defense of the TOs of the world.
Old 08-10-2009, 11:29 AM   #14
MVP

PrettyT11's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Check out his stellar actions before that.

Look, I'm not trying to hijack this thread to be about Sean Taylor. The OP was referring to Dungy's defense of the TOs of the world.
What does his past actions before then have to do with the statement you made?? You made a comment comparing his death to McNair's when in actuality there where far from being anything close to similar. You basically tried to put him and MCNair in the same boat when they weren't. Nice try to try and change it up though.

And on the TO note what exactly has TO done that was illegal?? I am by no means a fan of TO but he hasn't done anything illegal or anything close to that nature. All he has been is a damn loudmouth who doesn't know when to shut up. You have those in every walk of life.
Old 08-10-2009, 11:33 AM   #15
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

The fact that TO can even be mentioned in the same group as guys like Vick and Pacman is amazing to me. TO hasn't done anything illegal and is a very nice guy. He's extremely competitive and extremely hard-working. His only issue is that he speaks his mind. I think he'll be good for the Bills because of that really. Nobody seems to want to be a leader for the Bills and perhaps he might be able to get them to be a little less conservative.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2009, 11:42 AM   #16
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

T.O. is a team disruptor but he's nothing like Vick, Pac-Man and others who've done ILLEGAL things. I don't like T.O. very much but i'll at least give him credit for being a good citizen off the field.

As for Dungy, I agree he won't be very good in the studio but to just cut him down because of the whole "support group" mentality of the NFL is a bit ridiculous. Dungy is a guy that seems to take everything into account and bends over backward a bit for the players but I think that's mainly because he's a guy that demands and gets a lot of respect from players. Even though his Indy teams were mostly filled with good citizens I think he would've done just as well with the early '90s Cowboys if he had them under his wing. They were a bit on the party animal side and did some questionable things but by and large they got the job done. Dungy would've done well with them much in the same way that Jimmy Johnson did.

Someone mentioned they liked Matt Millen, you'll regret saying that as the man was a caricature of Madden when he was at FOX. Maybe the passage of time will change that but there were times that Millen while making good points was still cringe worthy.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »