Home

Jets Interested in Trading for WR Brandon Marshall

This is a discussion on Jets Interested in Trading for WR Brandon Marshall within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2009, 09:02 PM   #73
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Jets Interested in Trading for WR Brandon Marshall

Actually I think it'll look bad on them if they actually do trade him because you're basically giving him what he wants, which is to be traded even though he's acted like a little ***** throughout all this. Marshall really has no leverage in this at all and if Denver stays pat, then they can at least prove to the rest of the league that they do have some balls. Can't say the same for a certain Purple and Gold team up north.
Old 09-02-2009, 09:27 PM   #74
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
Actually I think it'll look bad on them if they actually do trade him because you're basically giving him what he wants, which is to be traded even though he's acted like a little ***** throughout all this. Marshall really has no leverage in this at all and if Denver stays pat, then they can at least prove to the rest of the league that they do have some balls. Can't say the same for a certain Purple and Gold team up north.
That's true he has no leverage but at the same time they are gonna have to trade him eventually. I just can't see them accepting him back onto the team after all of this and if you suspend him for the year or bench him or whatever they plan on doing then you might as well trade him to get someone who is gonna be active for you and contribute to the team plus draft picks for the future since over the course of the offseason this team went from an up and coming team to a rebuilding project.

One thing I'm surprised at though is how no one player-wise for Denver has stepped up and been a leader through all this offseason drama with Cutler and Marshall. Especially when you have a guy like Brian Dawkins who was a big time leader in Philly or another vet like Champ Bailey even though he's more of a quiet guy.

Old 09-02-2009, 09:44 PM   #75
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

I agree for the most part except about the up and coming part. They've been free falling since that 05 run and their Defense continued to get worst, so I don't think many people were expecting them to make some noise this year. Now this year, they've spent most of their offseason focus on addressing the Defense by bringing in Mike Nolan to run the D and bringing in a few vets/players through the Draft and FA so who knows at this point how that'll turn out.

A few players have came out and commented on this situation though, especially about Marshall's behavior saying how he was wrong, etc but I think that players aren't really saying too much about it because it's between Marshall and the FO with the primary reason being his demands for a new contract and from what I've heard, there's a "sacred code" among Players that they won't/don't comment on another player's contract so that may be why you aren't really hearing too many players speak out on it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2009, 10:09 PM   #76
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
I agree for the most part except about the up and coming part. They've been free falling since that 05 run and their Defense continued to get worst, so I don't think many people were expecting them to make some noise this year. Now this year, they've spent most of their offseason focus on addressing the Defense by bringing in Mike Nolan to run the D and bringing in a few vets/players through the Draft and FA so who knows at this point how that'll turn out.

A few players have came out and commented on this situation though, especially about Marshall's behavior saying how he was wrong, etc but I think that players aren't really saying too much about it because it's between Marshall and the FO with the primary reason being his demands for a new contract and from what I've heard, there's a "sacred code" among Players that they won't/don't comment on another player's contract so that may be why you aren't really hearing too many players speak out on it.
I said up and coming because Jay Cutler was having an MVP season, Marshall had 102 catches, and they were in the top half of the league in offense. They were a win away from making the wildcard even with that brutal defense and probably would of locked up a playoff spot earlier if they didn't fall apart at the end of the season. Although the division wasn't much with KC and Oakland sucking and a banged up Chargers team.

But you gotta think if they would have kept Shannahan then none of this Cutler BS would have happened, the Marshall situation still maybe could of happened since I think it has more to do with his contract then the coach or the quality of the team but who knows if Shannahan and Cutler were still there and if they made additions to the defense like they did when Josh McDaniel's came, maybe used their 1st on defense instead of drafting Knowshon Moreno then IMO they would look pretty good. As a Chargers fan I would be a bit worried about them (only a bit though ).

Old 09-02-2009, 10:40 PM   #77
av7
Hall Of Fame

av7's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
who knows if Shannahan and Cutler were still there and if they made additions to the defense like they did when Josh McDaniel's came, maybe used their 1st on defense instead of drafting Knowshon Moreno then IMO they would look pretty good. As a Chargers fan I would be a bit worried about them (only a bit though ).
Shanahan tried already; the 2006 draft, bringing the Browns line in, and I'm bringing up a blank on the 3rd.
Old 09-02-2009, 10:55 PM   #78
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by avrbas
Shanahan tried already; the 2006 draft, bringing the Browns line in, and I'm bringing up a blank on the 3rd.
Is the 3rd one bringing in Dre Bly and pairing him with Champ?

And I know I keep bringing up what if's but Shannahan was GM as well right? Maybe if he would of stayed on board as coach and they relinquished his GM duties and brought in someone else then they could of improved the defense.

But anyways, I was just on nfl.com and noticed it said the Jets called the Broncos (which I didn't know, everyone else might) about Marshall and they said they aren't interested.

I thought this was just ESPN and everyone else throwing the Jets out there as a possible trade destination, not actual fact. I haven't been paying too much attention to this situation untill now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »