Home

Jets Interested in Trading for WR Brandon Marshall

This is a discussion on Jets Interested in Trading for WR Brandon Marshall within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2009, 08:10 PM   #41
Hall Of Fame

J0nnD0ugh's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Jets Interested in Trading for WR Brandon Marshall

From what I understand, in the Broncs organization, the HC is virtually the GM. The GM mostly just crunches the numbers, making them fit w/in the salary cap. The coach makes the majority of the personell decisions. I know that was the case w/Shanahan. That might have changed this year w/a 32 yr old HC. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong on that.
-August 17, 1960
Thanks, dookies!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2009, 08:11 PM   #42
Banned

OVR: 18

NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Damn you jets. Come on Giants package a deal to get Marshall for Eil sakes.
Old 08-26-2009, 08:15 PM   #43

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0nnD0ugh
From what I understand, in the Broncs organization, the HC is virtually the GM. The GM mostly just crunches the numbers, making them fit w/in the salary cap. The coach makes the majority of the personell decisions. I know that was the case w/Shanahan. That might have changed this year w/a 32 yr old HC. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong on that.
No, I think it has become apparent that it is pretty much the same with McDaniels as it was with Shannahan. Although I think GM Brian Xanders (just promoted to the position has a little more say than the GM in years past).

But still, when I think of someone higher up, I still don't think of the head coach, regardless of the decisions he makes. That's just my opinion though.
Old 08-26-2009, 08:23 PM   #44
Hall Of Fame

J0nnD0ugh's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
No, I think it has become apparent that it is pretty much the same with McDaniels as it was with Shannahan. Although I think GM Brian Xanders (just promoted to the position has a little more say than the GM in years past).

But still, when I think of someone higher up, I still don't think of the head coach, regardless of the decisions he makes. That's just my opinion though.
I can dig it.

From my end I see it the other way.
-August 17, 1960
Thanks, dookies!
Old 08-26-2009, 08:24 PM   #45

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Fair enough.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2009, 01:45 PM   #46
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Where in that article does it mention anything about trust issues with McDaniels?

He doesn't trust the trainers. They misdiagnosed him last year.

He doesn't trust the PR guy who told his teammates not to be happy.

He probably doesn't have a lot of faith in the front office.

But as a daily follower of everything Broncos, never have I read about any rift between the two.

Even when Marshall was relegated to scout team, which I am sure he wasn't a big fan of, he kept his mouth shut with regards to McDaniels.

I will concede a lot of trust issues between the organization as a whole and Marshall, but not between McDaniels and Marshall.
Quote:
You're right, it could very well be interpreted many ways. I guess I just don't interpret it the way you do.

I just think you are looking too far into it. I think he just feels the organization doesn't trust him, which I think with his off field issues, they (as an organization) have every reason not to trust him.

Well, when I hear higher up, I hardly think of the head coach, my first thoughts go to the front office and Pat Bowlen.
Thanks... my thoughts exactly and pretty much what I've been saying.

JD, maybe you just haven't been fully understanding what I've been saying. Either way, I didn't go through all that to keep going around in circles. I only did it bc you continue to call me a liar (amongst other things). As kehlis said, the article you linked didn't have one thing said about McDaniels. You're making that connection. You mention Shannahan who was the coach AND GM while McDaniels is just the coach. The trust issues are with the PR guy and whoever is responsible for his contract... neither are McDaniels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0nnD0ugh
So you see where I say you are blaming McDaniels for no reason. You may still look at it a different way than kehlis or me, as you say, but I said this is how you look at it and that made me a liar and 50 other things right?
Old 08-27-2009, 01:48 PM   #47
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by mKoz26
wwharton you're in the wrong. It's no big.
no need to quote yourself... especially when you don't know what you're talking about.
Old 08-27-2009, 05:58 PM   #48
In case you forgot...

mKoz26's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
no need to quote yourself... especially when you don't know what you're talking about.
Wow... I try to be friendly and you go the "dick-move" route. That's pleasant. A real man admits when he is wrong, and apologizes to the person he was wrong about. Sigh...

@CDonkey26

Quote:
Originally Posted by baumy300
Yeah, she may be a bit of a beotch, but you get back to me when you find out a way to motorboat personality...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »