Home

ESPN: Usain Bolt Could Go to the NFL

This is a discussion on ESPN: Usain Bolt Could Go to the NFL within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2009, 01:32 AM   #73
All Star

SuperBowlNachos's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: ESPN: Usain Bolt Could Go to the NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by AboveTheRim
Well Usain is from another country, so I guess that is the answer to your question. In every other country except America people only care about Track/Field, Soccer.
fixed
Old 08-23-2009, 08:24 AM   #74
MVP

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by AboveTheRim
Well Usain is from another country, so I guess that is the answer to your question. In Jamacia people only care about Track/Field, Soccer, and cant forget Bobsledding.
That doesn't answer my question at all.

"Although this sport is played on a very small scale in Jamaica there are Jamaicans have made their stamp on the national level in the USA. Those include Rohan Marley (son of Bob Marley) who was a great defensive player at the University of Miami and 13-year NFL veteran defensive end Sean Jones who was a member of the Green Bay Super Bowl XXXI championship team. Bowl player. Jones had earned Pro Bowl honours in 1993, and his 113-career sacks place him eighth among the NFL's all-time leaders." quoted at Jamaicans.com.

You draw many conclusions by assumptions and you get left with nothing concrete to stand on.
Old 08-23-2009, 01:40 PM   #75
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 23

Has Usain Bolt even heard of the NFL?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2009, 02:18 PM   #76
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattieShoes
Haha, perhaps a bad example? Jordan did retire in his prime to go play for a minor league baseball team. Though I agree he has no monetary incentive to go elsewhere.
Jordan was a pretty good HS baseball player. Who knows if he would've been good enough to make the MLB if he had gone that route back then, but there was a precedent for his attempt. Meanwhile...

Quote:
Originally Posted by deaduck
Was going to jump all over the Jordan thing but got beat to it.

And I'll ask agian, why is everyone assuming he knows nothing about football or has no other skill set besides flat out speed? Did he do an interview or something?
Bolt may have never even seen an American football game, let alone played it. I saw your example and my guess is that Marley's son is a lot more "American" than Bolt. Most importantly though, he pursued a career in football, just like Jordan set out to be a baseball player. Bolt hasn't shown any indication that he wants to play football or even knows the rules. All this speculation is not coming from his camp. That's reason alone to question whether he could do it. I'd say it's much easier to take a swipe at a curve ball (or even a 100 mph fastball) than just "see if I like" going over the middle and getting nailed by an NFL LB.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »