Home

ESPN: Usain Bolt Could Go to the NFL

This is a discussion on ESPN: Usain Bolt Could Go to the NFL within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2009, 11:48 AM   #41
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: ESPN: Usain Bolt Could Go to the NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
You plan on making threads about everything BSPN comments on?
that's what I was thinking. it's like an espn twitter feed straight to OS.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2009, 02:32 PM   #42
P2K
Banned

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krioniq
Don't Olympic athletes have to pass through drug testing programs that are more rigorous and thorough than any of the four major American sport leagues' respective drug testing programs? It's too easy to accuse great ones of steroids anymore after what has happened in baseball (not to mention you have nothing to back up this accusation, however tongue-in-cheek in may be).
And you would have nothing to destroy my accusation. Let's face it. **** slips through all the time in the Olympics. The Olympics are notorious for athletes getting caught.

Hey, dude could be be clean, but he's reminding me too much of Marion Jones.
Old 08-21-2009, 02:49 PM   #43
Banned

OVR: 62

In recent memory there have been two track guys who played in the NFL, James Jett of the Raiders and John Capel of the Bears. James Jett actually had a few good seasons, but it helped a lot that he had Tim Brown and Rocket Ismail as teammates. John Capel on the other hand was a 7th Round pick who failed to catch on with either the Bears of the Chiefs, and really wasn't anything special at Florida where all he was asked to do was run go routes, he was however a manimal in NCAA 1999 for the PS1.

We are just assuming that Bolt can't catch a pass, for all we know he has really soft hands. Clearly he could out run every DB in the league if he could get a release at the line and with his size that technique could be taught in time. The bigger question is could he hold on to the ball while getting hit by an NFL caliber player? Either way if he made an NFL team he would open up the offense for teams as they would have to respect the speed and deep threat and if sent in motion things could be interesting. I don't think we should write him off automatically as he has an NFL physique, but I also don't think he'd be any better than James Jett ever was, meaning at best he's a number two receiver who hopefully as a HOF caliber receiver on the other side of the field.
Old 08-21-2009, 02:50 PM   #44
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Maybe, but he'll never be another Skeets!

Old 08-21-2009, 02:57 PM   #45
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
Maybe, but he'll never be another Skeets!

He actually had some potential. I have a game that he played in and he got whacked and was out for the rest of the game. The guy was totally out cold for about 5 minutes.

The problem with track guys is that they're not used to getting hit around AND most of them have to bulk up a bit which would rob some of their elite speed.

Another track guy in the last 25 years who did reasonably well was Willie Gault. Early in his career he had a problem dropping passes but the man would use his speed to get completely wide open except he'd drop the ball. If he had better hands he would've been an even more productive player especially early in his career.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2009, 03:16 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattieShoes
The myth is that people thought a sub-4-minute mile was impossible. And even that wasn't true -- When Bannister broke it in the 50s, the previous record (under 4:02) was less than a decade old. It was purely hype by reporters.

At no time in human history was there an idea that a sub-12 minute mile was impossible.
My apologies. Should've got my facts straight. lol

But I'm sure there was some time in human history where that was in question... Just sayin'.
Old 08-21-2009, 03:41 PM   #47
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by CW McGraw
It's not like he'd be like Bob Hayes running past a single old white guy. Because of the rule changes, today's CBs basically have to be track stars in order to compete. Plus Bolt is far too scrawny. He'd be killed going over the middle.
WHAT??

Are we talking about the same guy here? He's 6-5 and built like T.O. (who's only 6-3).

He's not "scrawny" at all. Bigger than Randy Moss, who is the best in the game today.
Old 08-21-2009, 03:58 PM   #48
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox1994
My apologies. Should've got my facts straight. lol

But I'm sure there was some time in human history where that was in question... Just sayin'.
Doubtful. A 12-minute mile is a piece of cake and I'm sure the majority of people throughout human history have been able to do it. In fact, I wouldn't be shocked if more people could run the mile in under 12 minutes a thousand years ago than they can today simply because of how many fat people we have in the world today.

Of course, if you want to get technical, then there was a time in human history when the 12-minute mile was impossible ... before humans invented the minute as a measurement of time. It's hard to run a 12-minute mile when there's no such thing as a minute!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »