Home

Tarvaris Jackson Being Shopped

This is a discussion on Tarvaris Jackson Being Shopped within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2009, 01:55 PM   #25
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Tarvaris Jackson Being Shopped

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgreazy1
You gotta feel for Jackson (and Rosenfels). The guys came into the offseason thinking they would battle it out for a spot to start on a playoff-ready team and in the last second the carpet is pulled out from under them. If I were Jackson, I'd get the heck out of there in an instant. I understand the league is a business & teams will do whatever it can to win, but to be completely disrespected in such a manner by the coaching staff & the organization speaks volumes of the calibre of people running it.
The whole thing is messed up. It wouldn't be as bad if Favre went to training camp and outplayed them but he skips everything and then is just handed the starting job.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2009, 02:43 PM   #26
Pro

OVR: 9

It is messed up but I can't see TJ doing better than Farve. I think Farve can be a great game manager. The only way Farve will be exposed if they have to depend on him to move the ball. I know Frave as a game manager sounds like weird idea.
Old 09-04-2009, 03:34 PM   #27
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

It sounds weird because he's never been a game manager in his career and I doubt that all of a sudden he has figured out that he shouldn't throw the ball into triple coverage.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 09-04-2009, 03:39 PM   #28
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
It sounds weird because he's never been a game manager in his career and I doubt that all of a sudden he has figured out that he shouldn't throw the ball into triple coverage.
Well if you remember Favre's last year in Green Bay he WAS a game manager. Mike McCarthy got it through his thick skull that he'd have more success doing so though there were times where he reverted back to type. All in all though Favre was a game manager QB. I remember this vividly because everyone was raving about how McCarthy had revitalized Favre's career by getting him to buy into that.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 09-04-2009, 04:11 PM   #29
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
Well if you remember Favre's last year in Green Bay he WAS a game manager. Mike McCarthy got it through his thick skull that he'd have more success doing so though there were times where he reverted back to type. All in all though Favre was a game manager QB. I remember this vividly because everyone was raving about how McCarthy had revitalized Favre's career by getting him to buy into that.
You also remember that McCarthy had to fight to get Brett to FINALLY show up for training camp and get on the same page with the team and all. I personally think that's when Brett decided he'd just start saying he's retired to get out of it, even though going to camp OBVIOUSLY helped him and the team. No camp last year equaled gunslinging Brett on a team that could've used a game manager... hard to imagine this year will be much different.
Old 09-04-2009, 04:16 PM   #30
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
You also remember that McCarthy had to fight to get Brett to FINALLY show up for training camp and get on the same page with the team and all. I personally think that's when Brett decided he'd just start saying he's retired to get out of it, even though going to camp OBVIOUSLY helped him and the team. No camp last year equaled gunslinging Brett on a team that could've used a game manager... hard to imagine this year will be much different.
Yep, I was just making the point that it's not like he's never game managed before. I believe strongly that Brett will be gunslinging it like it's 1996 but getting much different results.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 09-04-2009, 04:20 PM   #31
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

I will say that as long as things are going well he'll probably keep it in check. I just don't see things going well for an entire year... since this is the NFL we're talking about. Only a matter of time before Brett thinks he knows better than the coaches. Or the next injury that seems to come after a 3 int performance (he's already talking about his rib is broken even though there is no diagnosis).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2009, 06:57 PM   #32
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
I will say that as long as things are going well he'll probably keep it in check. I just don't see things going well for an entire year... since this is the NFL we're talking about. Only a matter of time before Brett thinks he knows better than the coaches. Or the next injury that seems to come after a 3 int performance (he's already talking about his rib is broken even though there is no diagnosis).
He took that back once he played through it again.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »