Home

Pro Bowl Selections

This is a discussion on Pro Bowl Selections within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-30-2009, 09:38 AM   #57
The Few. The Proud.

SportsTop's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Pro Bowl Selections

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgreazy1
With that said, my Cowboys have: Jason Witten, Leonard Davis, Andre Gurode, & Miles Austin from Offense, with Demarcus Ware & Jay Ratliff on defense. Honestly, those aren't too bad and I really agree with those picks. I would have loved to see Tony Romo make it because he is actually having one of the best, if not the best, year of his career and has proved alot of people wrong (ie: no TO, cut down on INTs, won games in December)
Tony Gonzalez should've gotten in over Witten. You can make the case that Vernon Davis should be in over Witten, but TG had the better all-around year than Witten.
Old 12-30-2009, 09:47 AM   #58
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28

I honestly would say either is deserving but Witten beats Gonzo in every stat except TDs where we know Dallas uses him as a blocker more than a receiving threat. On top of that, he is the main cog in the offense, take out Witten & there is a huge dropoff in everything the Cowboys can do in terms of protection, passing & running... heck, even the entire offensive scheme would change. Not trying to start a debate but if you have to choose one, you can make a very strong case that the Cowboys are a mere shell of their team without Witten while the Falcons proved last year they can move the ball without Gonzo.
Old 12-30-2009, 09:58 AM   #59
The Few. The Proud.

SportsTop's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgreazy1
I honestly would say either is deserving but Witten beats Gonzo in every stat except TDs where we know Dallas uses him as a blocker more than a receiving threat. On top of that, he is the main cog in the offense, take out Witten & there is a huge dropoff in everything the Cowboys can do in terms of protection, passing & running... heck, even the entire offensive scheme would change. Not trying to start a debate but if you have to choose one, you can make a very strong case that the Cowboys are a mere shell of their team without Witten while the Falcons proved last year they can move the ball without Gonzo.
Did you happen to see who Tony G. had throwing to him this year? Ryan is nearly 20th in QB rating and Redman was even in there for a bit.

Gonzalez has more TD's (6:1), more 1st downs, and a much higher 1st Down %, and domintes Witten in every Red Zone category, while the receptions and YPC are both negligible.

All categories that define the TE position.
Old 12-30-2009, 09:59 AM   #60
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
What were Orakpo's numbers this season?
48 Tackles, 11 Sacks, 2 Passes Defended. Not sure if he is going in as a OLB or DE. I think his nod to the pro bowl is an ode to the fact that he will be DROY this year too. (I think)

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 12-30-2009, 09:59 AM   #61
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbently
Second straight year not one Bengal made the pro bowl. I can understand last year but this year are you serious?
Which Bengal should have made it?

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2009, 10:06 AM   #62
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0nnD0ugh
Welker is the Pete Rose of WR's. Tons of chances make him appear better than he really is. Moss or Vincent Jackson are better players.
I LOVE this quote... He gets so many extra chances because NOBODY can cover him! If you're open every down, you're gonna get thrown the ball a lot. He makes his own extra chances, nobody else.
Old 12-30-2009, 10:10 AM   #63
The Few. The Proud.

SportsTop's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXperiment63
I LOVE this quote... He gets so many extra chances because NOBODY can cover him! If you're open every down, you're gonna get thrown the ball a lot. He makes his own extra chances, nobody else.
And it can be argued that Moss pulls a lot of the attention (to the tune of the safeties) towards him which leaves Welker matched up in single coverage on a nickelback or even LB.

Welker has only blown up once he arrived in New England the same year as Moss.

Credit to Moss.
Old 12-30-2009, 10:55 AM   #64
Hall Of Fame

J0nnD0ugh's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXperiment63
He gets so many extra chances because no one CARES about covering him. Every DC in the league would trade 12 receptions for Welker for under 4 by Randy Moss. Welker is the most overrated player in the NFL. There are @ least 10, maybe 20 wideouts better than Welker. The guy has 1 TD for every 30 receptions.
-August 17, 1960
Thanks, dookies!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »