Home

Bob Sanders... worthless?

This is a discussion on Bob Sanders... worthless? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-04-2010, 12:42 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 11
Bob Sanders... worthless?

Just heard an interesting name while watching the NFL Network; Bob Sanders. Bob who?

Is it finally time for the Colts to get rid of him? Yeah, he's a great player and all, but in six NFL seasons he's never finished a single one. Not to mention, look where they are without him this year?

Is it really worth the cap space and the constant question of will he play or not? I personally don't think they need him anymore, and am wondering what Colts fans and the rest of you think.
Minnesota Wild
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2010, 01:09 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Bob Sanders... worthless?

Well I don't think it will hurt them to keep him another year with an uncapped year next season.

Old 02-04-2010, 01:46 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

Don't really care if we keep him or not. I wouldn't go as far as to say he's worthless. But he's definitely not worth the money he currently has.

I used to love the guy as I'm sure some of you remember(PPM and BK come to mind. ), but now I often forget he's even on our team. Not to mention, he has to have lost at least SOME skill. Missing as many games as he has over his career has got to be taking it's toll on him. I doubt he's the same Bob Sanders we saw in 2007 when he won DPOY.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 02-04-2010, 01:49 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 55

Any safety with adequate speed can flourish in that Cover-2 system they have in place in Indianapolis. No need to shell out the big bucks there. The Colts' defense might not be the best in the league, but the personnel they have is perfect for the particular defense they run. A ballhawking, playmaking safety is not at all a necessity in the Cover-2 system. It doesn't hurt, but they'll hardly miss a beat without him.

Last edited by 55; 02-04-2010 at 03:22 AM.
Old 02-04-2010, 02:20 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unmasked
Just heard an interesting name while watching the NFL Network; Bob Sanders. Bob who?

Is it finally time for the Colts to get rid of him? Yeah, he's a great player and all, but in six NFL seasons he's never finished a single one. Not to mention, look where they are without him this year?

Is it really worth the cap space and the constant question of will he play or not? I personally don't think they need him anymore, and am wondering what Colts fans and the rest of you think.
I know this defense is doing really good without im, but I always find myself thinking how scary the defense would be with him back 100% healthy. I would like for the Colts to give him another chance, but im not sure that they'll do that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2010, 11:29 AM   #6
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28

Wouldn't hurt to keep him on the team if they can afford him but with Manning's new contract coming up and the need to sign some middle-tier players, it would make sense to get rid of him. As stated, he's constantly injured, carries a big cap number, and the newer "attacking" defensive scheme used in the last year places less emphasis on the Safeties than ever before.
Old 02-04-2010, 11:57 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 18

i don't think he's worthless, i actually think he's a great help to the team. however, he's clearly not worth the price tag due to his constant injured status. however, his impact on the defense is very tangible, and he would improve an already unheralded unit greatly.

keep him and kindly suggest he re-work his contract.
Old 02-04-2010, 12:11 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 15

wouldn't make sense to keep an injury prone guy and take snaps away from a safety that has proven that he can handle the load. they really don't need him

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »