Home

Rams #1 Pick: Suh or Bradford?

This is a discussion on Rams #1 Pick: Suh or Bradford? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-09-2010, 06:51 PM   #73
MVP

lonewolf371's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Rams #1 Pick: Suh or Bradford?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cebby
That's not what I'm saying at all.

My argument was originally that Clausen wasn't the best "junior prospect ever" and wasn't even as good as Sanchez last year.

Then the domer went off about how Clausen is the best because of his numbers his junior year (without any regard for competition). My point is that if numbers their junior year are the true basis for prospect value, Tebow and Colt Brennan were better than Emu.
All right then, my bad. I probably agree with you, then, at least on the numbers part.
NHL: Detroit Red Wings (26-20-12)
NCAA: Purdue Boilermakers (FB: 1-11, BB: 15-12), Michigan Wolverines (FB: 7-6, BB: 19-7, H: 15-10-3)
Old 03-09-2010, 07:27 PM   #74
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
If it's a joke, my bad kcarr.

I guess if it's not a joke... I'm still sorry you think that way.
Its all good but I thought I took it to enough of an extreme for people to catch that. I guess with some of the opinions of that nature that people actually defend on here though...
Old 03-09-2010, 07:32 PM   #75
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cebby
At first I was going to harshly criticize this post, but then I realized you were kidding.

This is good joke.
Almost got me too, but his post about Sapp and the Bucs a couple up tipped me off - seemed like an odd 180 to do.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2010, 08:13 PM   #76
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarr
Its all good but I thought I took it to enough of an extreme for people to catch that. I guess with some of the opinions of that nature that people actually defend on here though...
Yeah, and I thought it was way out in left field coming from you so I guess I wasn't paying enough attention.
Old 03-09-2010, 09:19 PM   #77
MVP

OVR: 13

OT: I'm not a Domer. I just felt like this was a place where people could discuss their opinions in an orderly fashion.

I do think a QB should go #1, Clausen or Bradford. And I doubt I will change my stance on that. A lot of you think it should be Suh. Fine. I just don't think it should. We will find out come April though.

Last edited by twl221; 03-09-2010 at 09:22 PM.
Old 03-09-2010, 09:40 PM   #78
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40

Take Suh.

The Rams are going to be awful whether Bulger is their QB or Clausen/Bradford is their QB. Take Suh, who's literally once-in-a-decade type talent, face the facts that either way you'll be picking top 5 next year, and take a QB next year. Locker and Suh sounds nice.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Old 03-09-2010, 09:40 PM   #79
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by twl221
OT: I'm not a Domer. I just felt like this was a place where people could discuss their opinions in an orderly fashion.

I do think a QB should go #1, Clausen or Bradford. And I doubt I will change my stance on that. A lot of you think it should be Suh. Fine. I just don't think it should. We will find out come April though.
Just to be clear, Cebby called you a domer. Doesn't matter much to me. It seems like you think a QB should go first just bc they're a QB and that's where I disagree... big time. I think a QB doesn't necessarily need to be the best player to logically go first, but there is definitely a point where overall talent at another position vs that of the available QBs comes into play. And that seems to be exactly what we have this year.
Old 03-09-2010, 09:48 PM   #80
MVP

OVR: 13

I do think that any QB that has top-8 talent and the team with the number 1 pick should take him, just because of the value of the position. I also think they should sit him a year or two.

To be clear, this is my stance: The Rams need a young franchise (or at least good) qb in the next two years. I do agree that Suh is a once in a decades talent, but I don't think that any QB next year is as good as Clausen or Bradford.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »