Home

Surprise Teams

This is a discussion on Surprise Teams within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2010, 01:42 AM   #17
Rookie

warrior7807's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Surprise Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnj86
Homer much
tell me how that is a homer pick? they are a legitimate surprise team pick.they have been a good team under the current FO and surprised teams when they went from 1-15 to 11-5. they are in one of the toughest divisions and are, more often than not, rated behing NYJ and NE. fell to 7-9 this past season. people are picking NY to go to the SB and have NE as a wildcard and always around the playoff hunt as long as Brady will be there. your telling me it wouldnt surprise people if MIA won the division over both teams after the offseasons they all had? They put together good games in 09 but couldnt put the teams away including IND and NO. they swept the jets as well. they just cant get over the hump and cant rely on them to win the games they should (Bills, Browns, Raiders) and finish the other games. you dont think going from 7-9 to a division winner would be a "surprise team" type of a season?
one other team would be the raiders. finally have a QB and will really help that O. cant ignore their speed. if the front 7 can be solid and their safeties perform well, they could very well be 8-8. a +3 turn around is good in today's NFL, especially for oakland.

Last edited by warrior7807; 06-29-2010 at 01:47 AM.
Old 06-29-2010, 03:17 PM   #18
Rookie

HeadHunter619's Arena

OVR: 2

Don't count out the Raiders. We may finally start winning without JaMarcus Russell.
Old 06-29-2010, 03:33 PM   #19
N.W.O. - NO WR OPEN

Checmate101's Arena

OVR: 28

I got the Chiefs taking the divison..could be because I live in KC and thats all I hear, or I really think they have a good team this year.
Uconn Huskies
Miami Hurricanes
Old 06-29-2010, 05:39 PM   #20
Pro

OVR: 6

I think Miami will be a very good team this year. The Raiders will be lucky to win 7 games, and the Pats will be picking in the top 10 next year, courtesy of them.
Old 06-29-2010, 05:42 PM   #21
MVP

Buckeye's Arena

OVR: 38

Browns and Oakland
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2010, 06:03 PM   #22
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

I'm going to say my Panthers. Panthers front office released alot of our Vets on the team. The Moose retired. One of our best LBers in Thomas Davis blowed out the same knee again in OTAs. Steve Smith broke the same are arm again playing flag football. We got 3 young QBs that really ain't played aside from our starter Matt Moore. But Carolina does has one of the best oline in the league right now and one of the best tadem RB group in the league. I'm going to say carolina will come out the season and go 11-5 and get into the playoffs. This is Carolina under the radar year. Usually when the panthers are under the radar they do good. So expect for them to come out firing.
Old 06-29-2010, 07:43 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
I'm going to say my Panthers. Panthers front office released alot of our Vets on the team. The Moose retired. One of our best LBers in Thomas Davis blowed out the same knee again in OTAs. Steve Smith broke the same are arm again playing flag football. We got 3 young QBs that really ain't played aside from our starter Matt Moore. But Carolina does has one of the best oline in the league right now and one of the best tadem RB group in the league. I'm going to say carolina will come out the season and go 11-5 and get into the playoffs. This is Carolina under the radar year. Usually when the panthers are under the radar they do good. So expect for them to come out firing.
No. Just no. Not even close man. Pit, Cincy, Baltimore, New Orleans (2x), and Atlanta will beat them. At best Carolina goes 6-10 or 7-9. Hurney and Fox cut all the veterans during the uncapped year to get all this money so when the cap comes back, they can go Daniel Snyder/Jerry Jones through the NFL free agency and draft.
Old 06-30-2010, 01:45 AM   #24
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

Rams.

Seriously though, I'll say San Fran if they count as a "surprise team". If SF doesn't count then Detroit.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »