Home

The Brett Favre Saga (2010 Edition)

This is a discussion on The Brett Favre Saga (2010 Edition) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2010, 09:00 PM   #41
T*rg*t F**ld

bergie56's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: "breaking news from the Minnesota Vikings today on Brett Favre's possible return"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feared
What kind of message does that send though? Childress is such a puppet, always has always will be as long as Favre is on the team he is the one calling the shots.

"Oh hey I'm ****ing Brett Favre, I don't need training camp cause I'm Brett Favre"

instead of guys like Peyton Manning, Brady, and Brees who are true leaders and show up on time in camp, work overtime with receivers, and give the impression that they have never "arrived" and always keep trying to improve.

I'm sick of this organization being held hostage by Favre, literally on their knees at his disposal... Offering him extra millions to come back? If Jared Allen, Steve Hutchinson, and Longwell actually flew down to Hattiesburg, Miss. then I've lost all respect for them...

I'd honestly rather see this team lose with Tarvaris Jackson, then win with that fraud Favre.
I don't agree with the Childress hate, but i pretty much agree with the Favre hate. I actually don't have a problem with treating each situation individually. Unfortunately, one of the individuals is one of the most self absorbed athletes ever. I am not a fan of him being on the Vikings and think last year we missed our opportunity to win it all. However, I can't say I blame the Vikings for doing everything they could to get Favre, given that he gives us the best chance to win. It's just a weird situation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2010, 09:06 PM   #42
Train Nsane or remainsame

Feared's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: "breaking news from the Minnesota Vikings today on Brett Favre's possible return"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergie56
I don't agree with the Childress hate, but i pretty much agree with the Favre hate. I actually don't have a problem with treating each situation individually. Unfortunately, one of the individuals is one of the most self absorbed athletes ever. I am not a fan of him being on the Vikings and think last year we missed our opportunity to win it all. However, I can't say I blame the Vikings for doing everything they could to get Favre, given that he gives us the best chance to win. It's just a weird situation.
Yeah, my fear is Vikings do well enough to make the playoffs, Favre screws us over again with a crucial mistake.... then what? Another off-season of the same thing? The Vikings will pretty much be back at square one at the QB position, Tarvaris' confidence will be shattered, and because of the Favre fiasco we'll have to start from scratch by Drafting a rookie, or signing some washed up vet because we haven't been able to Develop a QB prospect in house during the Favre experiment.

I say if Favre's body is beat up so badly that he can't handle training camp, then retire... if he had to be coerced by the team to come back even if his ankle isn't fully healed... then his heart probably isn't in it and physically he might not be able to hold up during the season.
Old 08-17-2010, 09:09 PM   #43
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feared
What kind of message does that send though? Childress is such a puppet, always has always will be as long as Favre is on the team he is the one calling the shots.

"Oh hey I'm ****ing Brett Favre, I don't need training camp cause I'm Brett Favre"

instead of guys like Peyton Manning, Brady, and Brees who are true leaders and show up on time in camp, work overtime with receivers, and give the impression that they have never "arrived" and always keep trying to improve.

I'm sick of this organization being held hostage by Favre, literally on their knees at his disposal... Offering him extra millions to come back? If Jared Allen, Steve Hutchinson, and Longwell actually flew down to Hattiesburg, Miss. then I've lost all respect for them...

I'd honestly rather see this team lose with Tarvaris Jackson, then win with that fraud Favre.
Great post, dude.
Old 08-17-2010, 09:18 PM   #44
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
"And if it took begging," Bruschi said, "if it took three of the most respected teammates and members of that Minnesota Vikings team to go down there and beg him to come back, to twist his arm, I've lost respect for this team.

"If you want him so bad and he doesn't want you, and you've got to go down and beg for someone to come back, then you don't have faith in your football team. You only have faith in one person."
I can't stand Brett but when you have a team that's willing to give you extra money, let you skip all the practices, and then beg you to come back, I can't blame him for treating them like he has treated them. The Vikings knew what they were getting into and all they've done is give in to his nonsense.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 08-17-2010, 09:24 PM   #45
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdawsoniii
Brett Favre is a great passer...but NOT a great QB. You know what all those records mean? Diddly squat. Get your nose out of Favre's bee-hind and look at the facts. Do you know what his success rate at "crunch time" in the playoffs? By crunch time I mean: within one score to win or tie in theh closing minutes of regulation or OT, and the ball. Favre has had five of these in his career.....

1. 2003 Season Wild Card...Detroit. The Packers are down 24-21. With 55 seconds left in regulation, Favre heaves a 40 yard bomb to a wide-open Sterling Sharpe that the Lions for some inexplicable reason left wide open. Win.

2. 1997 Season Super Bowl...Denver. Down 31-24 with 1:45 left in regulation, Favre got to Packers to the Denver 35 yard line before throwing incomplete passes on second, third and fourth down. Loss.

3. 2003 Season Division Playoff...Philadelphia. Green Bay has the ball in overtime. Favre throws a wounded duck that is intercepted. The Eagles score on the ensuiring drive and win. Loss.

4. 2007 Season NFC Championship...NY Giants. Green Bay (at home) has the ball in overtime. Brett Favre makes an ill-advised pass that is intercepted. Giants score on the ensuing drive and go on to the Super Bowl. Loss.

5. 2009 Season NFC Championship...New Orleans. Game tied 28-28, Brett Favre makes a poor, ill-advised throw that is intercepted in the closing seconds of regulation. Saints win in overtime. Loss.

So....in five "crunch time" playoff games Favre's record is 1-4. That is a 20% success rate. Three of those losses came after poor throws by Favre that were intercepted. This is why Brett Favre is not even a Top 5 All-Time great QB. Give my guys like Starr, Marino or Elway...guys that knew how to MANAGE a game...not a gunslinger who tries for the big play all the time.

5- He shouldnt have even been in that situation if A.P wouldnt have fumbled before the 2nd quarter on the goal line it would have been a different situation plus what about the 3 or so fumbles they lost huh yeah its all brett fault my *** everyone in the world knows if A.P could hold on to a damn ball along with Percy the game would have been ours so take that to the bank and he would have got a ring and retired and would have went out on top like elway but no so hes going to come back win it this year even if A.P has fumbleitus and go out on top like he should.

My Mariners dynasty!
XBL Gamertag- xLMJx21
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2010, 09:26 PM   #46
So long to a Legend.

ANDROMADA 1's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayman
Someone wanna explain why Favre is "good for the NFL"? Would it fold if he retired?

I doubt it. I don't think much would change.
The networks and radio stations get a huge boost in ratings(which translates into more money)when there is any Favre talk. Lets face it, the guy is a living legend and he makes the NFL truly a year round sport. He is interesting to say the least.
Old 08-17-2010, 09:27 PM   #47
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
5- He shouldnt have even been in that situation if A.P wouldnt have fumbled before the 2nd quarter on the goal line it would have been a different situation plus what about the 3 or so fumbles they lost huh yeah its all brett fault my *** everyone in the world knows if A.P could hold on to a damn ball along with Percy the game would have been ours so take that to the bank and he would have got a ring and retired and would have went out on top like elway but no so hes going to come back win it this year even if A.P has fumbleitus and go out on top like he should.
Should've, could've, would've.

Fact is he was in that situation and he choked. Simple as that. You can say all you want about AD's fumbles, and whatever else went wrong in that game but it doesn't matter. Favre had a chance to send his team to the Super Bowl and choked... again.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Old 08-17-2010, 09:36 PM   #48
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayman
Should've, could've, would've.

Fact is he was in that situation and he choked. Simple as that. You can say all you want about AD's fumbles, and whatever else went wrong in that game but it doesn't matter. Favre had a chance to send his team to the Super Bowl and choked... again.
he didnt seem to choke while he crushed the packers huh either way this year its ours with or without "AD"

My Mariners dynasty!
XBL Gamertag- xLMJx21

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »