Home

Week 1 Sunday Night Football: Cowboys @ Redskins

This is a discussion on Week 1 Sunday Night Football: Cowboys @ Redskins within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2010, 06:40 PM   #25
MVP

colkilla's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Week 1 Sunday Night Football: Cowboys @ Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
Galloway doesn't even really matter. Whatever success the Skins will have will start with the defense (which was very good before Al and top 5 with him so that shouldn't change) and then go through the running game. Portis should have a decent game. We also all know that McNabb's favorite targets are his RBs and TEs and the Skins have good options at both positions. Play action would give Moss and Galloway a chance to break one but shutting down Galloway is far from a key to success in this game.
THIS, and even still, anybody who watched the pre season (i know it is JUST pre season) saw galloway getting behind the defense, getting separation underneath and making some nice plays. hell, against the big bad jets he had at least 2 catches for about 20 yards getting lose across the middle. he is old, but he can still play. put it like this, if he is such a joke, i hope the cowboys see him as such and don't pay attention to him. having said that, the skins should be pumped enough to keep it close for at least the first half. the run defense is what scares me and i could see the cowboys winning like 20-13...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2010, 10:15 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

If our offense comes out and plays better than they did in the preseason(which was pretty good IMO), then I think that leaves it up to the defense and outside the fact we're prone to giving up big pass plays, our defense has always been a top defense. If our starters just play better than they did in the preseason, which isn't anything drastic to expect, then I can see us pulling out the win.

I can't really predict a score, but I know we have as much a chance as they do this year.

― Plato
Old 09-09-2010, 08:06 AM   #27
All Star

Jasong7777's Arena

OVR: 24

Redskins O-line >>>>>>> Cowboys O-line (with injuries). All you need to know about this one. Skins 26 Cowboys 20
Old 09-09-2010, 09:15 AM   #28
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

Galloway is just a smoke screen, armstron line up in the slot with four wide or even three recievers are going to put a hurting on the cowboys safeties. they won't see it coming
Old 09-09-2010, 10:51 AM   #29
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Best part about this game being the Sunday Night Game. I get to use my RedZone for all the games on Sunday during the day! I usually watch all of the skins game. Last year towards the end I couldn't watch them too much with out getting pissed. Oh well, went down to Suitland for a meeting and made sure to drive through DC on my way back, wasn't to much horn honking, but there were a few.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 09-10-2010, 12:47 AM   #30
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checmate101
Why everybody keep drilling on Galloway...he's still fast, I think he'll do a little something something this year until the youngsters take his spot. He did alright in preseason
Because nobody(including Skins Fans around here)knows why he is starting in the first place. I'm sorry but I can't see how anyone can look at that WR Corp and say it ain't ugly because it is. Galloway, Moss, and Armstrong? No bueno.

My prediction: If the scores go into the 24+ range: Cowboys
Under 24: Redskins.
Old 09-10-2010, 11:24 AM   #31
N.W.O. - NO WR OPEN

Checmate101's Arena

OVR: 28

Well, Chris Paul has retired from making Redskins songs..booooo.

Yes, Our WR core do need to step up. somebody could break through I guess..(hopefully)
Uconn Huskies
Miami Hurricanes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2010, 12:44 PM   #32
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
Because nobody(including Skins Fans around here)knows why he is starting in the first place. I'm sorry but I can't see how anyone can look at that WR Corp and say it ain't ugly because it is. Galloway, Moss, and Armstrong? No bueno.

My prediction: If the scores go into the 24+ range: Cowboys
Under 24: Redskins.
I know why he's starting. It's because the rest of the WRs suck and a 38yr old man is still fast. I honestly don't know what the hell to expect from the skins.

Everyone is saying the Skins OL is better but folks aren't taking into account that Brown is still not right and Trent Williams will probably be seeing a lot of Demarcus Ware on pass-rushing downs. I don't care how high of a pick Trent was, you don't a rookie starting vs a stud like Ware in his 1st game. Personally, I still don't have faith in CP's vision or his legs and our best cover safety is out with a bad knee (Kareem Moore).

I think Dallas does just enough to pull out an ugly win in DC.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »